+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Im sick of being the weakest class

Default Im sick of being the weakest class

Clerics, Mages and Warriors are what people complain about.

No one ever mentions rogues apart from the fact they can slip away.

Can you make us perhaps actually compete with the other classes?

I don't think you understand how over it I am.

Rogues can kill Rogues.
    Rogues can't kill anything else. (that is equally geared)
    That seems to be it.

and the nomination for most qq in a single forum goes to

<The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

Weakess class? I'm having no trouble fighting rank 6+ clerics/warriors/mages and rogues
    Last edited by -Riley; 08-24-2011 at 02:42 PM.
    Rhyli@Hailol

Shadowlander

What I love is the QQ about chlorolocks from people who don't know silence is your friend.
    There is nothing you can do to counter slipaway, so when you have an "I win button" after you have stunned the hell out of you opponent I have to laugh.

Ascendant

Rogues are fine in objective-based gametypes. They are excellent for:

Harassing Codex nodes -- a capped point, even if it's only capped for an instant, is 60 seconds of the enemy not getting any points from it.

Running PortSci/Whitefall stones.

Stopping PortSci/Whitefall stone runners in their backzone. You'll never get them while their escape cooldowns are up, but if you get them when they're "home free" and without any cooldowns left (they blew them all getting past the zerg), you'll murder them. Non-runner-spec stone runners are even easier to stop this way.

Ambushing Fang carriers immediately after a fang damage tick to finish them off and deny the opposing team points. Possibly even grab the fang with Poison Gas and a bit of luck.

Assisting damage dealers by stripping buffs with Eradicate and then bursting via IH&R.

Rogues are not good for killing non-squishy targets. The unfortunate thing is that at this point in time, most of Rift PvP is just zergs DPSing each other, and in this kind of play rogues are weak.
    Last edited by Isila; 08-24-2011 at 02:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzy View Post
    Clerics, Mages and Warriors are what people complain about.

No one ever mentions rogues apart from the fact they can slip away.

Can you make us perhaps actually compete with the other classes?

I don't think you understand how over it I am.

Rogues can kill Rogues.
    Rogues can't kill anything else. (that is equally geared)
    That seems to be it.

Rogues keep killing me - I must suck

Quote Originally Posted by -Riley View Post
    Weakess class? I'm having no trouble fighting rank 6+ clerics/warriors/mages and rogues
    I like it how every rogue just ignored this guy's post.

Your obviously doing it wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

Rogues are weak its that simple. Unless you have a Rogue who is p4+ you really have no idea and shouldn't comment on this post.

Everyone knows rogues are the weakest class.
    No one complains about rogues at all apart from slip away.
    Last edited by Bunzy; 08-24-2011 at 02:53 PM.

The rogues in <CoLD> lead nearly every warfront in killing blows. Just last week, Hatedx went 57/0 in a Codex. If I played anything besides my healing cleric, it would be a rogue for sure. Aside from their strong dps mechanics, they are phenomenal healers too. Our bards can hit 150k healing in Codex games without breaking a sweat. Not to mention the most broken flag running specs, too.

Rogues can do anything in the game, and they can do it exceptionally well in the hands of skilled players. Our good rogues absolutely love the class, and they find new and exciting ways to combine their class abilities into potent combinations which wreck everything in their paths.

Give it a bit of time. Once you have pvp'd for a while, you will begin to understand a bit more about your class and you will find rogues to be one of the most versatile and powerful classes in Rift.
    Gabraael, Guild Leader of <CoLD>
    R8 Healing Cleric

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzy View Post
    Rogues are weak its that simple. Unless you have a Rogue who is p4+ you really have no idea and shouldn't comment on this post.

Everyone knows rogues are the weakest class.
    No one complains about rogues at all apart from slip away.
    You forget, mages hate MM rogues, aside from Slip Away and MM eradicate, there are no complaints about rogue.

I am a rank 7 Rogue and I have no problem killing any non-healing spec except rank 8 Riftblade Warriors. For those OP mofos, I gotta bust out Nightblade and blow all my cooldowns and it'll still be a close fight. Once I get rank 8, things will get easier...

Rogues are technically the weakest class amongst the 4 classes. That's due to 1 reason: Rogues do not have big instant heals. Bard is the only healing soul Rogues have and if spec'd Bard, there is no way we can burst people down. Plus, Bard requires Rogues to be within 20m of an enemy and channeling. Mages (Chloros) can be 30m away and they have big instant heals, unlike Bards.

Mages would be just like Rogues too if it wasn't for the Chloro soul plus their various self-healing skills that also does damage like Soul Purge, Mortality, and Warlock Armor. If Rogues could heal themselves and still burst people down, everyone would be QQ'ing non-stop about how OP Rogues are.
    Last edited by Click; 08-24-2011 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabraael View Post
    The rogues in <CoLD> lead nearly every warfront in killing blows. Just last week, Hatedx went 57/0 in a Codex. If I played anything besides my healing cleric, it would be a rogue for sure. Aside from their strong dps mechanics, they are phenomenal healers too. Our bards can hit 150k healing in Codex games without breaking a sweat. Not to mention the most broken flag running specs, too.

Rogues can do anything in the game, and they can do it exceptionally well in the hands of skilled players. Our good rogues absolutely love the class, and they find new and exciting ways to combine their class abilities into potent combinations which wreck everything in their paths.

Give it a bit of time. Once you have pvp'd for a while, you will begin to understand a bit more about your class and you will find rogues to be one of the most versatile and powerful classes in Rift.
    Im surprised you didn't mention that i am "bad". I commend you on that. I agree that in wfs i also am always in top 5. My rogue build in a group is really good and i am happy about that.

In 1v1 situations however i get owned basically all the time unless i happen to fight another rogue.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Gabraael View Post

Yes, im sure you're r8 rogues in your premades versus r1 pugs are quite impressive. Let me make a point. If you're in a pug warfront and you have 8 warriors, 4 clerics, 3 mages, you'll never hear a single complaint.

If you're in a pug warfront with 8 rogues, 4 clerics, 3 mages, people will just leave before it starts because waiting 15 minutes for a flag to wear off is better then getting curb stomped by FOTM r8 ******s for 10 minutes.

Never in the 4 months i've played this game have i ever seen the following said:
    "We have too many warriors, where's the rogues"
    "wtb rogue"

It has never happened. Have you ever seen a rogue anywhere near the top of the dps charts? no... but somehow supposedly half their builds are dps builds.

You show me a rogue with good stats at the end of a wf, and i'll show you a guy with an assist macro for a
    r6+ warrior. That is currently their only useful purpose, and most times that role would still be better fit with a mage or another warrior.

Rogues suck... but i'll admit alot of idiots don't understand that the only way to be useful with a rogue is to assist off a warrior, so they make them suck even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Click View Post
    I am a rank 7 Rogue and I have no problem killing any non-healing spec except rank 8 Riftblade Warriors. For those OP mofos, I gotta bust out Nightblade and blow all my cooldowns and it'll still be a close fight. Once I get rank 8, things will get easier...

Rogues are technically the weakest class amongst the 4 classes. That's due to 1 reason: Rogues do not have big instant heals. Bard is the only healing soul Rogues have and if spec'd Bard, there is no way we can burst people down. Plus, Bard requires Rogues to be within 20m of an enemy and channeling. Mages (Chloros) can be 30m away and they have big instant heals, unlike Bards.

Mages would be just like Rogues too if it wasn't for the Chloro soul plus their various self-healing skills that also does damage like Soul Purge, Mortality, and Warlock Armor. If Rogues could heal themselves and still burst people down, everyone would be QQ'ing non-stop about how OP Rogues are.
    I totally agree with this post.

Rogues need a way to kill things before they can heal OR give us a god damn healing mechanism so we dont JUST DIE AFTER THEY HEAL THEMSELF ONCE
    US Dayblind Guardian <Ground Zero>

Me want to be able to kill a warrior 1v1 =/

Quote Originally Posted by Mookster View Post
    Yes, im sure you're r8 rogues in your premades versus r1 pugs are quite impressive. Let me make a point. If you're in a pug warfront and you have 8 warriors, 4 clerics, 3 mages, you'll never hear a single complaint.

If you're in a pug warfront with 8 rogues, 4 clerics, 3 mages, people will just leave before it starts because waiting 15 minutes for a flag to wear off is better then getting curb stomped by FOTM r8 ******s for 10 minutes.

Never in the 4 months i've played this game have i ever seen the following said:
    "We have too many warriors, where's the rogues"
    "wtb rogue"

It has never happened. Have you ever seen a rogue anywhere near the top of the dps charts? no... but somehow supposedly half their builds are dps builds.

You show me a rogue with good stats at the end of a wf, and i'll show you a guy with an assist macro for a
    r6+ warrior. That is currently their only useful purpose, and most times that role would still be better fit with a mage or another warrior.

Rogues suck... but i'll admit alot of idiots don't understand that the only way to be useful with a rogue is to assist off a warrior, so they make them suck even worse.
    Actually I've gotten 4th or 5th on damage as a MM, but then damage pretty much means squat if it's not being distributed in an intelligent manner.

More on topic, yes my Assassin can kill just about anything that can be killed in 15 seconds or less. If my target is getting heals it's not happening, if it's just hots getting tossed around at random and Anathema isn't on CD then I can still make it happen. The only problem is after those 15 seconds I'm worthless to both my group and myself. I can't do squat for damage and if anyone looks at me cross eyed I'm dead. Granted I could use slip away, but I've most likely used that to kill my target. This leaves my only chance to try to run off, get out of combat, resealth, and wait until Slip Away is back up or find someone to assist.

Bards are okay, but Cadence's 20m range and the fact they have to stand still means that most likely they require more than just their own heals. It's pretty easy to top heals in WFs as a Bard, but that's only because you are doing tons of smalls heals on a lot of people.

I keep hearing people sing the praises of Nightblades and how they do so much damage. I've never seen great damage, certainly not as good as MM or Assassin. I find the Nightblade to be to proc dependent on damage, other than the death damage additive finisher. Usually I feel like I'm whipping most people with a wet sock that I can light on fire every so often. From my experience NBs are only good when their cooldowns are up, so like the Assassin they're only good every few minutes.

Everyone knows Riftstalkers are shard running machines, and useless at everything else. Not much to say here other than that.

I haven't gotten around to playing Ranger or Bladedancer yet so I can't pass judgement there, and I haven't done Sab PvP since the 30-39 bracket so I can't comment on that either other to say pretty good AoE damage.
    Even free cost too much now

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast