+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Im sick of being the weakest class

Quote Originally Posted by Tigruz View Post
    Heh, done the premade vs. premade thing and have had the same results, it's just playing smart. What's your characters name?

I feel like some people haven't explored all of the possibilities in our class yet. People are just sticking to the cookie cutter specs out there and expecting amazing results.

Last night I saw some guy playing a RS/Sin combo on the other side in a PS match, he was doing great (saw him take down a high rank warrior on my team, I didn't help because I actually wanted to watch his spec at work because he absolutely owned me in my spec). That spec isn't listed on the forums or if it is it isn't too well known. People need to explore more before screaming for a buff or that they are underpowered. I can guess that many of the people that play the rogue class and are complaining we are super under powered haven't tried messing around with a few specs.
    Cookie cutter...
    Isn't Nightman u play cookie cutter?

Play smart:
    Attack only rogues,
    Cabalists,
    and other low ranked players.

And here it goes - u top kb.

But try to fight someone your rank and not rogue.

Riftstalker beat warrior...
    He must be terrible warrior or that riftstalker greatly outgeared him.
    Adalie r8 Rogue - Icewatch
    Acex r6 Cleric - Icewatch
    Gran r8 warrior - Icewatch

Quote Originally Posted by tourin View Post
    Sounds like somebody with either bad gear, or good gear and doesn't know how to play(seen it happen a lot!).

Rogues are fine, warriors are fine, clerics a little OP, and chloro lock mages a little bit, but they're all still fine.

Learn to play and stop dueling rank 6-8 in rank 2 gear.
    I bet that u play warrior.
    Rogues are weak so thats fine for u.
    U want mages and clerics to be easier targets so you say they are a bit op.

Quote Originally Posted by Maladon View Post
    Ok, keep going...you're almost there...something that keeps you from dying is???

DEFENSIVE

We have a winner!
    1. So sin uses slip away and runs away - he doesn't do any harm to u, he just runs away.

2. Warrior, mage, cleric uses defensive cd and keeps killing ppls.

I better choose #2 - use defensive and keep killing.

I find myself making less and less of a difference in WFs (OWPVP I can still kill 1v1 at will). The damage just isn't there as more & more ppl get geared. I'm slowly losing interest in my main. If I wanted to play a utility calling I'd have just went straight healer. The obvious exception is Riftstalker weekends in EWFS. R7 &1/2 way to R8 - I don't know if I can hang on.

Decided to play my mage some b4 my time ran out. Fun so far, gear grind x2...I think I must hate myself.
    Last edited by Morituri; 08-26-2011 at 04:09 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Raitoken View Post
    Some high ranked guy kills a few people. Several people in the video he kills are under 5k hp and don't even count.

I can make a video of that too. Show me where he fights a warrior with a shield and comes out on top or he kills a warrior without using double bleed into slip away.

HE IS skilled but like any pvp video its only ever going to show him winning fights. The first 2 people he killed were prolly in PvE gear.

A cleric with 5200hp and a mage with 5k hp? Hell the mage wasn't even a chloro and it took him 15 seconds to kill him without heals. Show me that same fight where he is fighting a chloro with warlock armor on and without Anathema(he used it on the cleric).

Oh and also for him killing like 3-4 people who just finished the rift. So what? I can kill 3-4 people who are wearing full PvE gear, have 0 valor, and are busy looking in their bags and discussing who gets said purple item based on their /rolls and don't notice someone prolly off camera or behind their open windows for a few seconds.

That right there any decent rogue can do and its not hard. He isn't fighting geared/skilled people just decent people and comes out on top because he outgears them.
    Then he was playing a Rogue the right way.

Rogues by design pray on the weak. Their job is to pop in and murder someone then vanish.

If you want a killing machine play a warrior. Every game I've ever played they are overpowered. I guess Devs do that because, "well they have to be in melee range to hit anyone."

Bull.

I went in and ground up 1000 valor. And I've not had 1 warrior hit me for less than 1000+ a shot. Scary. And that's was before they were nerfed. Even more scary.

And Cabs with cooldowns ready are pretty silly too.

People are right. Rank 5 is the new rank 1. If Trion wanted to help balance PvP. The first 4 ranks are worthless. You should start at rank 4 mim. Then you might actually live for 5 whole seconds.

Or what someone else stated. Lower the valor on gear as it goes up. The gap it to wide.

Watched a HK geared Rogue hitting a rank 8 Warrior. I don't think the Rogue could have ever killed him. In HK gear at least that Rogues damage should have been impressive but the valor stat is to high in PvP. Yes you don't want PvE geared toons running wild in PvP WF. Like in the old days and Black Temple geared toons murdering premade rank 11+ geared PvP toon in WoW.

Those PvE geared toon in BT gear were scary DPS. A BT rogue would just about end your live no matter who was healing you if you were a HW gear it wouldn't matter.

But give me a break.

I guess when everyone is rank 8 it will not matter I guess. But how many will stick it out if you don't last 3 secs to these rank 6+ warrior killing machines? And if you can't find the healer healing them they can pretty much take out 10+ toons not trying.

Maybe Trion could help the leveling by making the first 4 levels in PvP faster. rank one is 45000. Maybe cut it in half on the first 4 ranks. Would help get you to where you would acting not die the sec the match starts.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissibow View Post

Maybe Trion could help the leveling by making the first 4 levels in PvP faster. rank one is 45000. Maybe cut it in half on the first 4 ranks. Would help get you to where you would acting not die the sec the match starts.
    That's the wrong end to target. It's pretty easy, even for a casual player to get from 1 to 4. It's the crazy steepening of the curve after that that completely sucks. A fresh rank 4 is still very vulnerable in PvP.

Getting to 4 is bearable. It's realizing that getting from 4 to 5 will take you as long as it took you to get from fresh 50 to 4, and then you'll have to take as much time as both of those put together to get to 6 that makes me wonder if I should just quit Rift and go work on my HoM.

IMO, instead of speeding up the low ranks, they need to flatten the Prestige curve. Make each Rank take 20% more than the previous, instead of 50%, say.
    The Roguepocalypse is upon us!

Shadowlander

I shelved my R5 rogue in favor of my soon to be R6 cleric. Cleric is much more fun to play in pvp.

Rogue has one ok dps build marksman, thats it.

I have a riftstalker build for running flags and stones....boring most of the time

I have a bard build, but if there already is a bard or two, whats the point

My SIN build is like trying to beat people with a wet noodle, though in scion it can be fun to gank undergeared runners (1 out of 4 maybe)

I just suggest you roll another class, you will have much more fun than someone taking up a valuable spot in WFs.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tufflove View Post
    I shelved my R5 rogue in favor of my soon to be R6 cleric. Cleric is much more fun to play in pvp.

Rogue has one ok dps build marksman, thats it.

I have a riftstalker build for running flags and stones....boring most of the time

I have a bard build, but if there already is a bard or two, whats the point

My SIN build is like trying to beat people with a wet noodle, though in scion it can be fun to gank undergeared runners (1 out of 4 maybe)

I just suggest you roll another class, you will have much more fun than someone taking up a valuable spot in WFs.
    Personally, I'd recommend you hang in there for a little bit more. Sin really starts to take off at R6, when you're finally matching the valor of everyone around you. Once there, the only targets I really have trouble with anymore are R6+ chlorolocks and healing clerics, and R8 Riftblade Shield warriors. And those can be handled with Marksman eradicate builds.

The problem is, most people who play Sin, try to play it like a Warrior. They try to get into the thick of the main zerg where everything's getting cross-healed to hell and back. That's not where a Sin should be. There are other, more important places on the map where a Sin can really shine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzy View Post
    Clerics, Mages and Warriors are what people complain about.

No one ever mentions rogues apart from the fact they can slip away.

Can you make us perhaps actually compete with the other classes?

I don't think you understand how over it I am.

Rogues can kill Rogues.
    Rogues can't kill anything else. (that is equally geared)
    That seems to be it.
    You are the weakest link. Goodbye!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7