+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Im sick of being the weakest class

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Isila View Post
    Rogues are fine in objective-based gametypes.
    warfronts are just a grind for gear. the real pvp is open world, where rogues are a waste of a raid spot (after the raid has a bard or 2 and eradicate spammer)

notice less people doing escalation last week? you'll notice less this week (well hard to say with the bonus and all, might get a lot of new faces seeing what pvp is all about like with the favorama or w/e). it's because rank 8s don't want to do warfront after warfront
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by kdps View Post
    The complaint isn't about WFs jesus christ. Can you get that in your head?
    wtf is it about then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    warfronts are just a grind for gear. the real pvp is open world, where rogues are a waste of a raid spot (after the raid has a bard or 2 and eradicate spammer)

notice less people doing escalation last week? you'll notice less this week (well hard to say with the bonus and all, might get a lot of new faces seeing what pvp is all about like with the favorama or w/e). it's because rank 8s don't want to do warfront after warfront

WHAT? it takes few days to grind unseen rep.... whats the point to world PvP after that?
    ANd what makes you feel that rogues are useless?
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gabraael View Post
    The rogues in <CoLD> lead nearly every warfront in killing blows. Just last week, Hatedx went 57/0 in a Codex. If I played anything besides my healing cleric, it would be a rogue for sure. Aside from their strong dps mechanics, they are phenomenal healers too. Our bards can hit 150k healing in Codex games without breaking a sweat. Not to mention the most broken flag running specs, too.

Rogues can do anything in the game, and they can do it exceptionally well in the hands of skilled players. Our good rogues absolutely love the class, and they find new and exciting ways to combine their class abilities into potent combinations which wreck everything in their paths.

Give it a bit of time. Once you have pvp'd for a while, you will begin to understand a bit more about your class and you will find rogues to be one of the most versatile and powerful classes in Rift.
    i'll bet they would do even better as a warrior! take that skill, put it behind a warrior instead of a rogue and trion would have to force some changes into the game.

btw, premade vs pug, which is the only way to get 57 KB in a codex, doesn't count for saying that rogues are fine. rogues are deadly against non valor targets, as soon as valor comes into the mix, we cannot out damage the weakest of heals with any cooldown deadly dance up you name it
    Last edited by generatedname; 08-25-2011 at 07:59 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Blays View Post
    WHAT? it takes few days to grind unseen rep.... whats the point to world PvP after that?
    ANd what makes you feel that rogues are useless?
    you said useless. i said waste of a spot, as in put a cleric mage or warrior in that spot instead to make better use of the spot.

pvp for fun means challenging opened pvp rifts and provoking questers to get their guilds out for some guild vs guild action.

warfronts are just a way to grind for the gear needed to compete in real pvp

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Maladon View Post
    Well, first of all you're absolutely wrong. I see rogues killing people all the time. It can be done. Also, you need to understand that the utility and high defense of the rogue souls is a tradeoff for pure dps. You can't have all those shiny toys and be an offensive juggernaut.
    You had me at high defense.
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzy View Post
    Clerics, Mages and Warriors are what people complain about.

No one ever mentions rogues apart from the fact they can slip away.

Can you make us perhaps actually compete with the other classes?

I don't think you understand how over it I am.

Rogues can kill Rogues.
    Rogues can't kill anything else. (that is equally geared)
    That seems to be it.
    Sorry you are a bad rogue. I fought a Sab during some pvp rifts 1v1 (i am a 2h warrior). We went at best 60/40 in his favor.

And he played it smart. He would have range on me to start, throw a ton of **** bombs at me that make my character hop like a rabbit.. If i made the mistake of using riftwalk to him rather than bullrush, he would stun me, get range.. fight over.

The times I won, i was able to get in and stay in his face 90% of the fight.

Most of the other rogues I have played against are bad. The good ones make the class look OP.

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    you said useless. i said waste of a spot, as in put a cleric mage or warrior in that spot instead to make better use of the spot.

pvp for fun means challenging opened pvp rifts and provoking questers to get their guilds out for some guild vs guild action.

warfronts are just a way to grind for the gear needed to compete in real pvp

well ill be honest RIFT is not a PvP game and whatever they do to rogues in the future will not solve its problems.

They designed RIFTs healing around PvE and then added PvP to it... There is really nothing you can do vs 10 P6+ clerics cross healing.... nothing...

its not pvp its BS :
    Last edited by Blays; 08-25-2011 at 08:19 AM.
    Im an R8 Cleric.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Blays View Post
    well ill be honest RIFT is not a PvP game and whatever they do to rogues in the future will not solve its problems.

They designed RIFTs healing around PvE and then added PvP to it... There is really nothing you can do vs 10 P6+ clerics cross healing.... nothing...

its not pvp its BS :
    no duh about 6 cross healers, but look at raid compositions

6 healers cross healing, your best bet is to find the weakest players and take them out first through focus burst.

rogue will provide the least amount of burst, and the best thing they can do for this situation is eradicate spam (1 rogue) while the other players burst them down (any rogues in this part will be better replaced by anyone else). once you just have 6 healers healing each other, or however many are left its easy stuff. 6 healers in a 20man raid is no sweat, really (unless you have too many rogues dpsing)

There are no classes, only varying degrees of gear. Therefor there cannot be a weakest.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post
    You had me at high defense.
    Stealth and vanish are defensive abilities

Ascendant

Stealth and vanish are defensive abilities
    I fail to see how stealth helps us when we are actually fighting someone. I'd say its more offensive than anything. And saying that having ONE talent 31 points into a tree is "high defenses"--come on...come.on.

Now you are just grasping at straws. If you want to talk about high defenses lets talk about classes that actually use defensive souls in their FoTMs...
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Vaine View Post
    R8 MM crits me for 900 Hasted shot and 1700 deadeye shot from 35m.

I have 1000 valor and 11k armor.

I feel 0 sympathy for them ... I especially feel no sympathy for what hey do to my mage teammates with their 3k dead-eye shots.
    ********. SS or didn't happen.
    Adalie r8 Rogue - Icewatch
    Acex r6 Cleric - Icewatch
    Gran r8 warrior - Icewatch

Also, you need to understand that the utility and high defense of the rogue souls is a tradeoff for pure dps. You can't have all those shiny toys and be an offensive juggernaut.
    Rogues and high defense? What are u smoking? Full r6 set have 3.3k armor(r8 i guess 4k), warriors on shield got more armor than rogues on full set. Also dmg is laughable compared to warriors. Oh ye also hp, mages have cloth but they run around with 8k+(12k+) hp and got high survivability, heal, dmg - chlorogods.

You can't have all those shiny toys .
    Ofc rogues can't have - because warriors already got all and more.

Only warriors can have insta fear which doesn't breaks on damage - all other classes have cast time and breaks on dmg.

Only warriors can have uncleanable aoe heal debuff which even doesn't requires 1 gcd to put it up.

Only warriors with shiled(which should be trade off dmg for survivability) can do more dmg than rogues with 2 weapons.

Only warriors can have 10k hp and 1k dps on 1k valor.
    Last edited by Acex; 08-25-2011 at 10:40 AM.
    Adalie r8 Rogue - Icewatch
    Acex r6 Cleric - Icewatch
    Gran r8 warrior - Icewatch

Shadowlander

Sounds like somebody with either bad gear, or good gear and doesn't know how to play(seen it happen a lot!).

Rogues are fine, warriors are fine, clerics a little OP, and chloro lock mages a little bit, but they're all still fine.

Learn to play and stop dueling rank 6-8 in rank 2 gear.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast