+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By desta
  • 3 Post By Reiz

Thread: Please fix CC Diminishing returns.

Shadowlander

Default Please fix CC Diminishing returns.

i play a mage, and I'm getting increasingly frustrated with the lopsided CC issue, it takes time for me to cast spells, perform rotation and even CC, ofc we have some instant CC but it all comes down to the same issue.

DR ON CC;

often i face players who are fully immune to all forms of cc, and those that are hit with cc but instantly, and i mean instantly counter it then become immune to all further cc (hello warriors, and marks rogues)

but when we look at it from a melee point of view, there is no issue, as its their mind set to zerg zerg zerg so they would say its fine, so long as they can charge or teleport from one target to the next, but the issue doesn't end there, i find they melee are able to lock casters down, since we can be interrupted nonstop, chain stunned and even chain silenced, while the DR does take effect in the end it still isn't enough to stop us getting steam rolled, this is due to our spells taking time to cast so any interruption has an extreme effect, this wouldn't be an issue if our CC worked. but the DR system works in full favor of melee and works against casters.

its an unfair system that needs reworking.

Champion

There's to much cc in this game to begin with and that's the problem, not DR. Get rid of a lot of stupid cc spells and require it to be used more tactfully then the immunity won't be such a problem. As it is right now everyone just mashes their cc button whenever it's ready and that's stupid.

Of course as a mage you'd never agree with that.
    Last edited by Reiz; 08-24-2011 at 01:16 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Reiz View Post
    There's to much cc in this game to begin with and that's the problem, not DR. Get rid of a lot of stupid cc spells and require it to be used more tactfully then the immunity won't be such a problem. As it is right now everyone just mashes their cc button whenever it's ready and that's stupid.

i do, i say give casters and rdps the most cc, and leave melee with on...

some thing needs to be done with the insane mobility some classes have, i find it stupid how warriors for one can teleport like M bision nonstop countering ALL cc, same with rogs, teleport sprint... gone..

there are too many gap closers, and the DR system doesnt allow for it.

Rift Chaser

I just watched a video of the Star Wars MMO and under there Name plates is a purple bar that when filled lets you know that player is immune to CC, and then the bar empties, and now you KNOW you can CC again. Rift was released without Name Plates which is absolutely pathetic from the developers, although I think there coming next patch.

Anyway I noticed the other day that If I cast Flashfire (A spell that stuns the enemy for a few seconds but also stuns me for a few seconds) and the target is immune to CC that it still stuns me! Meaning that instead of any kind of "SKILL" being involved in the situation, every time I want to press that button its like buying a lottery card, and when it says immune on there heads, and I stun myself at the same time its absolutely FRACKING infuriating, and VERY BLATANTLY POORLY DESIGNED!!! Im am sure every class has examples like this, maybe not this bad (flashfire should have already been removed from the game, the guessing mechanic just about guarantees its the worst most worthless ability in the game).

Yea, add nameplates and some way for us to identify whether someone is immune to CC or not. The amount of people just today wasting hundreds of thousands of spells, and long cooldowns, and abilities that would be otherwise make sense, on IMMUNE targets, that they have to GUESS ON! goes a long long way to making the PVP in this game an annoying joke.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Reiz View Post

agree here. Seems like in every tree there are root abilities that give some form of stun/root/snare etc.
    PvP and Warfront Forum Anthem
    PvP whining never ends...
    It just goes on and on my friends...
    "Something killed me in a warfront and I don't know what it was...
    So I'll start a thread and rage and cry forever just because..."

Still say they have to fix all the CC/DR bugs first, so we can actually know how they intended it to work before asking for adjustments. As is, it is just too broken...
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Rift Master

Odd, cuz I was noticing dm not to be working anymore and getting chain CCed for 20+ seconds at times. However warriors are like the anti cc, so if you are trying to cc them, that might be the problem, not dm.

This is my biggest complaint about the game at the moment.

It seems really bizarre to me that they went from one extreme — where there were way too many CC categories — to the other — where there are only two CC categories. I think there is a middle ground in there somewhere, and I hope Trion finds it.

This desperately needs to be fixed. And, in the meantime, they should at least add some sort of way of telling that someone is on DR.
    Last edited by GLopez; 08-24-2011 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GLopez View Post
    This desperately needs to be fixed. And, in the meantime, they should at least add some sort of way of telling that someone is on DR.
    And they should tell us their shoe size, their favorite color, and the name of their pet...

...I still find it outrageous how much information that we have about our enemies that we could not possibly know.

It's like MMO developers think their players are sitting at their computers with helmets, knee pads, elbow pads, and the like...
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Rift Disciple

i think this is how it should be.

Snares full. half then immune lasting 3sec
    Stuns, full, half then immune 8sec.
    mez/dizy/poly on the same DR as stun.
    knock backs. NO immunity!!! no DM i mean ffs how can you be immune to being knocked back?!
    interupts> leave as is.
    i7 2600k @5.6 1.45v load line extreme
    p8pdelux phase exetreme
    crucial SSD 355 mbs read 70/write
    samsung 2tb hdd
    2x Hd5970 toxic 1000/1200 (only 2 gpu in use for rift)
    8gb ddr3 corsair vengance
    win7 64bit

Sorry, but giving people more information is never a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by GLopez View Post
    Sorry, but giving people more information is never a bad thing.
    Insider Trading... is a crime.

It is not about not having information. A player should have all the information that is available to them. Things that should not be available to them, should not be available to them.

It is only in the world of MMOs that the herp derps feel they should be able to tell what color boxers their enemy is wearing and call it a good thing that they can know....
    Last edited by VirusDancer; 08-24-2011 at 03:53 PM.
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Not knowing whether I should blow a major cooldown or not is kind of important.

+ Reply to Thread