+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Kazake
  • 1 Post By PVStar
  • 2 Post By TechnoMage

Thread: RIFT PvP = Brain Numbing Grind Fest?

Default RIFT PvP = Brain Numbing Grind Fest?

Hey I was just wondering what you guy's thoughts are, It seems like you rush up too 50 then smack into a wall, PVE isnt that hard to gear for but for pvp your going to be spending just as much time Dying in pvp so that you can once again Actually do something, To me it seems like a pretty crazy grind but the question is, By the time you hit P7 or 8 can you even stomach the Wf's anymore? I'm asking this in all seriousness because I don't really want to waste weekend after weekend if the time put in doesn't = Enjoyment.
    WhooBoost
    <Black Wood Company>
    60 Warrior

Rift Disciple

Let the flaming commence...

In gear-based MMOs you have to put time into getting your equipment. Sometimes a lot of time for the very best gear. If that's not something you're interested in, feel free to partake in other parts of the game, or simply get to a lower rank.

Getting to Rank 7 or 8 is time-consuming, and if you feel it's not worth it feel free not to do it. Some people do enjoy it and keep playing the Warfronts, other people simply give up on the path. No one can answer that question but you.

I would call low rank RIFT PVP "soul crushing." ;)

Once R6+ it's not too bad, but yes, the grind exists.
    [Server] Faeblight
    [Retail] M_1=Chloromancer(D), M_2=Cleric(D), A=Rogue(D)
    [Beta 1-7] Tank (Reaver/Paladin)

No one can answer your question. Some people can get bored after doing 100 warfronts, some people can play them 12 hours a day for a year. Everyone's different, it's something you have to find out for yourself.
    Look at your post, now back to mine, now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped being nonconstructive and dumb and started posting about something that makes sense, it could look like it's mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a page with the post your post could look like. Anything is possible when you post like me, and not like an idiot. I'm on a forum.

Once you hit R8 Does Strategy start playing any roll or Now I have my gear so its my turn too face roll, If strategy does start coming into play then yes Getting up too R8 will be worth it but I'd rather know now so that i can Do other things in the game. I just want too know how to get back to having fun with the game like pre 50 (I hope that Makes sense)
    WhooBoost
    <Black Wood Company>
    60 Warrior

Plane Touched

TBH, it's never felt like a grind to me. After hitting P4 I felt pretty competitive, this was before 1.4 though. Getting to P4 is a small % of the entire "grind", and should get you 700-800 valor and a decent weapon.

I'm about 100K from P7 now and still having fun. I play warfronts because I enjoy them, the gear upgrades are the icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazake View Post
    Once you hit R8 Does Strategy start playing any roll or Now I have my gear so its my turn too face roll, If strategy does start coming into play then yes Getting up too R8 will be worth it but I'd rather know now so that i can Do other things in the game. I just want too know how to get back to having fun with the game like pre 50 (I hope that Makes sense)
    Oh, this is a veiled 'I hate this kind of game and want to complain about the MMO genre' post. I get it now.

Rift Disciple

dunno if you can stomach it after all the grind. It seems to me that we are starting to notice a drop off of people queing up so I am guessing people are starting to get fed up, cant really blame people tho , me myself am starting to wonder if I will continue this grind of endless graveyard runs =)

Ascendant

yea every time I log in I consider that I'll just grind in case I feel like playing later, but for right now I don't want to play this game. I'm just in the situation where if I do want to play in a couple weeks, I'll be kicking myself for not having been playing this whole time to grind.

I decided to try a new server instead of quitting a while back and ended up joining a great pvp guild, so that's keeping me going now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kazake View Post
    By the time you hit P7 or 8 can you even stomach the Wf's anymore? I'm asking this in all seriousness because I don't really want to waste weekend after weekend if the time put in doesn't = Enjoyment.
    It completely depends on the player. Do you enjoy games where you can put the AI on Super Easy mode so you can stomp them? I mean like in Madden do you set the difficulties all the way in favor of yourself so you can win like 81-0 against the other teams?

If the answer is yes, then yes.. once you hit rank 8 and get to farm new 50's who can't scratch you then yes, you'll have a blast still running the WFs.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoMage View Post
    It completely depends on the player. Do you enjoy games where you can put the AI on Super Easy mode so you can stomp them? I mean like in Madden do you set the difficulties all the way in favor of yourself so you can win like 81-0 against the other teams?

If the answer is yes, then yes.. once you hit rank 8 and get to farm new 50's who can't scratch you then yes, you'll have a blast still running the WFs.
    hahaha that made me smile =)

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoMage View Post

This actually sums it up pretty damn well. Good job, sir.
    Look at your post, now back to mine, now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped being nonconstructive and dumb and started posting about something that makes sense, it could look like it's mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a page with the post your post could look like. Anything is possible when you post like me, and not like an idiot. I'm on a forum.

+ Reply to Thread