+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: No more warfronts pls

Rift Disciple

Default No more warfronts pls

So the pvp community has been attacking the forums in mass. They from the day the game released have time and time again constantly tell Trion that the warfront grind sucks. They talk about how the macro system is a handicap and fosters a broken and uninventive combat system. They talk about how they are tired of being forced to hampster wheel grind this pathetic instanced bullsnot. They talk about how instancing is unhealthy for pvp. They beg for decent world pvp.

All this and we get yet another warfront? Who is the poor sob that is signing off on this garbage? How can you sleep at night? If you want to hit the net and claim you are WOW 2.0 but done rigt then lets define the title. Lets not take shortcuts and instance every bit of the game in order to save time. Lets hold players accountable for actions they take. If they die it should mean something. Lets get away from terrible scripted encounters with no variables and an AI that is WORSE then AC and UO.

Rifts are a poor attempt to rip off WAR public quests. It has possibilities but it has been stuck at day one. It has never moved foward. It could very easily be tied into the world pvp and give the entire server a reason to fight. ATM there is NO reason to fight anyone. The only reason we even see 50s out and about is becuase they are farming low levels for HAMPSTER WHEEL PVP QUESTS? Who the F thinks this is fun? We in the US are not chinese or korean grinders. Its not fun. Its boring as hell.

Look at your reward system. If a person plays very well they are smacked in the face with an insane gear system that rivals that of old EQ. From the bottom tier to the top is like climing the tallest mountain on earth. There is NO way a great player from the top of the pick can compete with a terrible player in decent gear. When you hit 50 you are stuck grinding boring *** instances or warfronts forever. Just as soon as you hit the end of it they add more of the same old crap. This means your system rewards being lazy, and it rewards people for not trying. Rift is basicly promoting MMORPG welfare. Its sad. Its far worse then WOW and far worse then any other title around. The players this game is attracting is getting worse and worse. Most of these people should stick with the Sims.

The upgrades we have gotten so far are:
    -More rifts!
    -More warfronts!
    -More hampster wheel!
    -More valor!(holly ! I cant even believe this made it past anyone who made it past the 3rd grade)

Like a popular US politician once said "The people are tired of more of the same!". So will Trion make more warfronts, more instanced grinds or will they actualy make the game more challenging and enjoyable to advanced players and those who like to compete past this preschool fudge?

Personaly I think Trion is riding out the wave. They are well calculated and this game was a good attack at the WOW market share. They made the money and from this point on we will see minimal improvements. I believe this game is totally corperate run and there is no pride or creativity involved when calling the shots. From here on out Trion will make attempts to only provide a home for detached WOW players who are tired of WOW for a short period.

Ascendant

-More valor!(holly ! I cant even believe this made it past anyone who made it past the 3rd grade)
    I saw a list so it was the first thing I read

and then I realized you don't know what you were talking about in about 3 seconds, so I decided not to finish reading this 1 giant block of text about a beating a dead horse.
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Telaran

Guess you were not around for World of Warcraft Vanilla pvp you have no concept what a grind is until you went through that crap.

It is fine how it is

Quote Originally Posted by Nautika View Post
    Guess you were not around for World of Warcraft Vanilla pvp you have no concept what a grind is until you went through that crap.

It is fine how it is
    Speaking of grind, has the OP played Aion? It's got a bad grind now but it was even worse when the game came out. Granted I haven't been to endgame here yet but I can tell the OP is exaggerating a bit with all his points. Sure more open world PvP would be nice but it seems to me so far that the gear grind is not all that bad. And from the perspective of someone whose played a game with very little instanced PvP I can't tell you how much of a luxury it is in RIFT to have several WFs you can queue for whenever you want. You want PvP, you can just go find it at the click of a button. You don't have to run around a zone for hours finding only a few good fights, lots of zergs, and lots of mobs to contend with. Sure, fortresses to battle over and people actually going out and PvPing in the worlds we have would be nice, but WFs are a great luxury and gear in this game is not a grind at all when you've played a Korean MMO. Perspective is a wonderful thing.
    Last edited by Leiloni; 08-24-2011 at 12:48 PM.

Telaran

not everyone *****es about the warfronts mate.

I love them, my only complaint is I wish the Q times were better, which have been last couple days which amazed me.

Tanks are a little ridiculous, but in the end I can deal with it. And I wish it was a better system or matching people up.

Swear most times you run against a full premade rank 8 is what it seems with the slaughter that ensues.

But overall this is the most enjoyable experience of the game for me. I wouldnt play rift without warfronts.
    www.empiresunited.com

Design a Warfront to add content to the game = How can you sleep at night.

What?

Ascendant

It is fine how it is
    Got to rank 11 with raiding 4 nights a week / 6 hours a night. I started becoming depressed from how much time I was spending to keep up. People who got GM/HW...wtf...
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Not sure what the OP actually wants.

They don't want to "grind", ie play the game, to make their character better.
    In another part of the message they don't want to do world pvp because there isn't any point, ie no grind to make their character better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashane View Post
    I would just like to add, I sure hope they don't add something to this game before they add something else that is totally unrelated to the thing they might add, because that would really tick me off or something if they added it first before the thing that should be added first even though its totally unrelated like, you know?

Soulwalker

I agree with the OP to some extent. Warfronts get boring after a while, if this continues I don't see myself playing this game longer than 2 months top. I don't want play another WoW knockoff especially with PvP.

OPvP would be awesome. I don't understand why devs can't get this through their thick skulls. Give us an incentive to OPvP and defend, represent our realms and that is prime example why ppl to this day still consider Daoc best mmo there ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by ecsancho View Post
    I agree with the OP to some extent. Warfronts get boring after a while, if this continues I don't see myself playing this game longer than 2 months top. I don't want play another WoW knockoff especially with PvP.

OPvP would be awesome. I don't understand why devs can't get this through their thick skulls. Give us an incentive to OPvP and defend, represent our realms and that is prime example why ppl to this day still consider Daoc best mmo there ever was.
    Will never happen to any great degree. There are too many PvE players that would simply go into hysterics if open world PvP was put on their shard, and the devs would never develop something like that just for one shard type.

Quote Originally Posted by Lande View Post
    Will never happen to any great degree. There are too many PvE players that would simply go into hysterics if open world PvP was put on their shard, and the devs would never develop something like that just for one shard type.
    I disagree. For PvP servers there would be no issue clearly. But for the PvE servers they could do one of two things - as it is currently, they need to turn on their PvP flag so if they have it off by default, they can go galloping through that area and not be hurt. Or just avoid it altogether. Fine. Or they could put it in a new zone that is just for the world PvP objectives. Although to be honest based on what I've seen in PvE severs in WoW, it would most likely be a dead zone on those servers anyway - they wouldn't be engaging in OwPvP objectives the way PvP servers would be. They could introduce the content and it would not change the way they play at all - if the players on PvE servers are largely PvE only.... what do they have to go into hysterics about? No one can kill them unless they choose to participate which most of them don't and won't. They don't have OwPvP on those shards now and adding in objectives won't change that.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by SpinelessKC View Post
    So the pvp community has been attacking the forums in mass. They from the day the game released have time and time again constantly tell Trion that the warfront grind sucks. They talk about how the macro system is a handicap and fosters a broken and uninventive combat system. They talk about how they are tired of being forced to hampster wheel grind this pathetic instanced bullsnot. They talk about how instancing is unhealthy for pvp. They beg for decent world pvp.

All this and we get yet another warfront? Who is the poor sob that is signing off on this garbage? How can you sleep at night? If you want to hit the net and claim you are WOW 2.0 but done rigt then lets define the title. Lets not take shortcuts and instance every bit of the game in order to save time. Lets hold players accountable for actions they take. If they die it should mean something. Lets get away from terrible scripted encounters with no variables and an AI that is WORSE then AC and UO.

Rifts are a poor attempt to rip off WAR public quests. It has possibilities but it has been stuck at day one. It has never moved foward. It could very easily be tied into the world pvp and give the entire server a reason to fight. ATM there is NO reason to fight anyone. The only reason we even see 50s out and about is becuase they are farming low levels for HAMPSTER WHEEL PVP QUESTS? Who the F thinks this is fun? We in the US are not chinese or korean grinders. Its not fun. Its boring as hell.

Look at your reward system. If a person plays very well they are smacked in the face with an insane gear system that rivals that of old EQ. From the bottom tier to the top is like climing the tallest mountain on earth. There is NO way a great player from the top of the pick can compete with a terrible player in decent gear. When you hit 50 you are stuck grinding boring *** instances or warfronts forever. Just as soon as you hit the end of it they add more of the same old crap. This means your system rewards being lazy, and it rewards people for not trying. Rift is basicly promoting MMORPG welfare. Its sad. Its far worse then WOW and far worse then any other title around. The players this game is attracting is getting worse and worse. Most of these people should stick with the Sims.

The upgrades we have gotten so far are:
    -More rifts!
    -More warfronts!
    -More hampster wheel!

Like a popular US politician once said "The people are tired of more of the same!". So will Trion make more warfronts, more instanced grinds or will they actualy make the game more challenging and enjoyable to advanced players and those who like to compete past this preschool fudge?

Personaly I think Trion is riding out the wave. They are well calculated and this game was a good attack at the WOW market share. They made the money and from this point on we will see minimal improvements. I believe this game is totally corperate run and there is no pride or creativity involved when calling the shots. From here on out Trion will make attempts to only provide a home for detached WOW players who are tired of WOW for a short period.
    Stop complaining. Rift is the second best MMO in North America. (Subscribers wise) and they were just nominated for 3 Awards. You have no idea what your talking about. Go play WoW again, it only has another year left before it will lose a good chunk or people (for the third mass quit again).

Quote Originally Posted by Leiloni View Post
    I disagree. For PvP servers there would be no issue clearly. But for the PvE servers they could do one of two things - as it is currently, they need to turn on their PvP flag so if they have it off by default, they can go galloping through that area and not be hurt. Or just avoid it altogether. Fine. Or they could put it in a new zone that is just for the world PvP objectives. Although to be honest based on what I've seen in PvE severs in WoW, it would most likely be a dead zone on those servers anyway - they wouldn't be engaging in OwPvP objectives the way PvP servers would be. They could introduce the content and it would not change the way they play at all - if the players on PvE servers are largely PvE only.... what do they have to go into hysterics about? No one can kill them unless they choose to participate which most of them don't and won't. They don't have OwPvP on those shards now and adding in objectives won't change that.
    And I wish that were true -- I enjoy PvP and I'm on a PvE shard. But you even admit that it would be deserted on PvE shards, and if that's the case than the devs simply wouldn't put in the time creating it. They could put in incentives for gathering or crafting drops, to put people into the zone, but then you'd see the self-entitled PvE-only players go into a fit because of it.

Shadowlander

Agree with OP on most of post

additionally warfronts were **** in WoW, and they're **** here, results in boring PvP

Ascendant

It is fine how it is
    but that grind wasn't necessary in order to compete. as a rank4 (out of 14) you could still kill rank12's, you could kill raid geared players. it was a lot more about skill and rock paper scissors back then...the good days
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast