+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP Gear and Essences should have Resists on them

Default PvP Gear and Essences should have Resists on them

I know this has been covered a little before, but PvP gear still needs resists on it to make physical damage be on par with non-physical.

As just Rank 5 709 Valor + 2989 Armor = 28.4% + 31.5% = 59.9% reduction to physical attacks. Death Resist, being my highest, at 31 + 709 Valor = 4.91% + 28.4% = 33.31% with a piddly 3.1% chance to resist. Meanwhile the 518 Dex and the 350 Strength give me 12.27% Dodge and 5.66% chance to parry giving a total chance to not be damaged by a physical attack 17.73%.

I know it's not the best of stats, but I think it shows clearly why resists would be a good thing to add to the PvP gear.
    Even free cost too much now

Agreed in part. The easiest way to do that is by removing hit and focus or lowerin its affect on pvp and increasing the resists on planar stones, particularly pvp ones.

Possibly adding elemental rune enchants (or elemental/physical resists mixes).

That way damage, overall will go down since statting for resists (or hit) would be a priority instead of just full out damage.

Rift Chaser

The problem I have with this is, even WITHOUT resists on gear, Focus is still needed to land all of your spells, and this stat is absent from PvP gear. As of now, I don't PvE at all, and it's incredibly frustrating seeing quite a bit of my spells being resisted simply because I have little to no Focus because PvP gear doesn't provide it. Adding resists to PvP gear would just make the problem worse, because not only would my lack of Focus come into play, but also a huge amount of resistance from gear.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by lmprov View Post
    The problem I have with this is, even WITHOUT resists on gear, Focus is still needed to land all of your spells, and this stat is absent from PvP gear. As of now, I don't PvE at all, and it's incredibly frustrating seeing quite a bit of my spells being resisted simply because I have little to no Focus because PvP gear doesn't provide it. Adding resists to PvP gear would just make the problem worse, because not only would my lack of Focus come into play, but also a huge amount of resistance from gear.
    The chance of a resist is 100000000x lower than the chance of a dodge, miss, parry, block, etc etc. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    I know this has been covered a little before, but PvP gear still needs resists on it to make physical damage be on par with non-physical.

As just Rank 5 709 Valor + 2989 Armor = 28.4% + 31.5% = 59.9% reduction to physical attacks. Death Resist, being my highest, at 31 + 709 Valor = 4.91% + 28.4% = 33.31% with a piddly 3.1% chance to resist. Meanwhile the 518 Dex and the 350 Strength give me 12.27% Dodge and 5.66% chance to parry giving a total chance to not be damaged by a physical attack 17.73%.

I know it's not the best of stats, but I think it shows clearly why resists would be a good thing to add to the PvP gear.
    Valor trumps resistances, if you are still begging for it I suggest grinding raid gear

Quote Originally Posted by Calo View Post
    The chance of a resist is 100000000x lower than the chance of a dodge, miss, parry, block, etc etc. Deal with it.
    Not to mention there's no hit on PvP gear either.
    Even free cost too much now

Rift Chaser

Dodge's, misses, etc. are to remedy the fact that physical attacks happen far more frequently in PvP then magical ones do. As a Mage the majority of my hard-hitting spells have significant cast-times, something like Lightning Burst, for example, takes 8 seconds of build-up just to be effective, so if it's resisted once, or numerous times (which it has been before) it affects my damage output far more then it would affect a Rogue or Warrior, who can simply spam the finisher till it hits. The point I'm trying to make is, Focus and Hit should NOT affect PvP, and then putting resist's on gear as suggested here would be fine. But till then, I suppose you're the one that'll be forced to "deal with it."

Prophet of Telara

Dodge's, misses, etc. are to remedy the fact that physical attacks happen far more frequently in PvP then magical ones do. As a Mage the majority of my hard-hitting spells have significant cast-times, something like Lightning Burst, for example, takes 8 seconds of build-up just to be effective, so if it's resisted once, or numerous times (which it has been before) it affects my damage output far more then it would affect a Rogue or Warrior, who can simply spam the finisher till it hits. The point I'm trying to make is, Focus and Hit should NOT affect PvP, and then putting resist's on gear as suggested here would be fine. But till then, I suppose you're the one that'll be forced to "deal with it."
    Melee attacks might happen more often...in a perfect world while everyone magically stays in range. They don't.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    Not to mention there's no hit on PvP gear either.
    Theres no focus on pvp gear.

Telaran

Melee attacks might happen more often...in a perfect world while everyone magically stays in range. They don't.
    Oddly the same thing happens with magic damage... amazingly people move out of range... are shielded, use absorb shielding, and LOS quite alot.

You should try it.

Champion of Telara

I think your missing the point that its much easier to stack resistance to melee than magic. I think they should add global resist runes and armor runes (since all physical attacks are mitigated by armor the magic rune should be comperable), in addition to removing hit and focus from pvp. This would increase pvp survivability by a huge margine right off the bat. While im being ambitious they could make magical damage reduction and resist 2 different stats so that stacking resists doesnt increase them both.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ekzessive View Post
    Oddly the same thing happens with magic damage... amazingly people move out of range... are shielded, use absorb shielding, and LOS quite alot.

You should try it.
    All those things happen to melee. Except 10x more "out of range" messages than Mages will ever get. This is a logic argument and you can't win it. It is harder to stay within 1-2 meters than 20-25...period.

+ Reply to Thread