+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By generatedname

Thread: PvP rift tactics to increase wins

Question PvP rift tactics to increase wins

I've not been successful in PvP rifts on my server, so could anyone lend any advice to help someone new to PvP rifts out?

Obviously:
    • Valor gear
    • Stay with group
    • Spec for PvP
    • Marking healers
    • Communicating objectives
    • Pre-made grouping

Are there more? Is it simply the largest group wins? How are you getting people in your faction to join?

Ascendant

underwear rip above head, etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

I'm hearing people are logging in as their faction alt, opening a PvP rift then having their buddies close it on the opposing faction. Is this a tactic or a trick?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by -Bowser- View Post
    I'm hearing people are logging in as their faction alt, opening a PvP rift then having their buddies close it on the opposing faction. Is this a tactic or a trick?
    trick. not sure if they will call that an exploit, but it is used for people that are finishing the quest easy and getting prestige.

i've also seen people open the rifts for other faction to close just to get the 400 prestige or w/e...people do crazy things when queue times are high

Question

Has anyone tried with success to get people together in lvl 50 chat for PvP rifting?

Ascendant

Has anyone tried with success to get people together in lvl 50 chat for PvP rifting?
    world defense channel is great for pvp rifting

Rift Chaser

I would report you if I knew you were doing this. It is cheating/exploiting the mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrower View Post
    I would report you if I knew you were doing this. It is cheating/exploiting the mechanics.
    I agree in a way but I don't know if people really care. How can a player know if an alt opened a PvP rift anyways? I think it is a shady area. Is there some rule against logging in as a character and fighting your friends over a PvP Rift as an opposing faction? See what I mean?
    Last edited by -Bowser-; 08-24-2011 at 09:04 AM.

Staying with the group works if you have a stronger group. If you don't, split up and play guerrilla.

Marking healer can work, but it can also fail horribly. Healers in Rift are hard to kill. They spend a huge amount of points (and gear itemization) knowing you're targeting them first. It's much better to have someone actively marking targets and saying "kill 1" where "1" starts with the over-extended non-tank spec'd warriors and then move on to other glass cannons.

Default yep

Defiants on Dayblind out number gaurdians by 2 to one on a good day so all day you see Defiants have openned another rift...unopposed 90% of the time. Every now and then they log on a gaurdian toon and open a rift..slaughter any guardians that come becuase its rare for us to open them. Then close the rift.

Defiants must all be max faction with the eye by now they are doing rifts 24/7 ...we get 4 a day maybe and get farmed alot in the process..awsome work Trion !

Are there more? Is it simply the largest group wins? How are you getting people in your faction to join?
    Biggest group (and in the case of Stillmoor, faction with the rez point that isn't on the other side of the map) wins.

I agree in a way but I don't know if people really care. How can a player know if an alt opened a PvP rift anyways? I think it is a shady area. Is there some rule against logging in as a character and fighting your friends over a PvP Rift as an opposing faction? See what I mean?
    If the toons are on the same account, Trion would know. Or even if the toon logs in from a different account on the same IP and does nothing or immediately logs out, these are all things they can easily parse their logs for. Then comes a warning email prolly...

+ Reply to Thread