+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: PvP warfront tactics to increase wins

Quote Originally Posted by -Bowser- View Post
    I've heard about this but haven't stumbled on how. Care to share?
    First person into a WF (per side) is automatically made leader of their raid. Right click on other player names to make them assist (so they can mark).

Although often times this leads to marks just moving around randomly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    First person into a WF (per side) is automatically made leader of their raid. Right click on other player names to make them assist (so they can mark).

Although often times this leads to marks just moving around randomly.
    I haven't seen the option to right click other people and give them assist. We were trying to figure it out the other night and nobody could see the assist option. Are we missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by -Bowser- View Post
    I've heard about this but haven't stumbled on how. Care to share?
    If you're lead, press Y to bring up your raid list. then start typing /promote playername one by one. It's a pain, but that's the best way I've found to do it. You don't have to type the @realm part either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    If you're lead, press Y to bring up your raid list. then start typing /promote playername one by one. It's a pain, but that's the best way I've found to do it. You don't have to type the @realm part either.
    Oh cool. Thank you for sharing. Wish I could add the ideas we are getting to the original post I made.

Take what you will from these but when people acctually follow these guidelines they usually never lose:

Black garden-
    This is probably the one BG that you do NOT want to group up in. This is a very mage/aoe friendly map and as such most teams get wiped quickly because they are grouped in the middle. Dont do it. Instead have people run down the sides. This is even more important after a wipe because the opposing team will try to catch you all as you run down, by going down both sides it splits them up and gives you a better chance of making progress OUT of your spawn zone.

Codex-
    This is my favorite zone mostly because people get so tunnel visioned on the codex and forget how to look at the map.
    The key to winning this one is mobility, the team that has the most mobility wins. For example:

If the other team holds codex very tightly *75% or more of their people are at dex* then you need to move to scope/statue. This will force them to send people away from dex to deal with you. Thsi is especially helpfull if they send 3 or more to come kill just one of your guys.

Essentially just keep the other team moving and constantly be recapping points, eventually they will screw up and you can capitalize on it.

Whitefall (non ascended version)
    This one has the least strategy, no real tips here except if you are behind in score DONT DEFEND, there is no point to it. Also, people really need to look at the map very often to see where the stone runners are and where you need to go to assist/kill them.

Whitefall (ascended version)
    This is my favorite strat and I'm almost reluctant to give it but here it is anyway. Its called fishing.

I will purposefully run ahead of everyone else and instead of going right to the middle i will go down the right or left side and act like im trying to get to their base or behind them. Almost without fail 3 or more of the opposing team will peel off from the group and come chase me for the "quick" kill. It is human nature to try and kill what you can, the problem is, If i can keep 3 or 4 of them occupied and away from the main group, then MY main group has 3 or 4 less people to worry about in those very important first moments of an engagement.

Sure i die in this process, but more often than not (id say it has about an 80% success rate) it helps my team enough that they rip the other team appart (14 vs 9/10) before those other 3/4 can get back and help.

Port Scion-

This map has changed so much and because of which it acctually added, in my opinion, alot more strategy.

You have 2 main ways to win this. The long standard method of running stones and keeping the bridge. Or the quick and dirty version of blitzing one of the capacitors/idols then the boss.

Whichever one you do there are some tips that help keep your side in the win column

1.) Regardless if you are using either method, make it a point to send 1 or 2 people to take out both their capacitors/idols. This robs them of stone turn ins, and it also kills both shields on the boss. Even if you are going for the quick (kill one idol then boss) it is STILL a great idea to send 1 or 2 people to take out the other idol because it at least temporarily removes both shields from the boss giving you that much more dps.
    2.) Given the first tip, the opposite is true, dont let the other side kill your idols/capacitors. Harrass them anyway you can to make sure they dont kill them.
    3.) Kill church boss asap- this should be self explanatory.
    4.) If you are guardian and you have taken out the capacitor that spawns the girl mini-boss. WAIT for her to stop befoer you hit her, otherwise you just wasted time and CD's because she heals while she is walking. This is NOT the same for vargo the fatty, he can be hit while he is running, happy hunting.
    5.) If you didnt follow step 2 and both of your idols/capacitors are down, DO NOT RUN STONES. its worthless (only get 10 per turn in). Instead attempt to hammer away at the boss. You will PROBABLY lose, but the ammount of favor you will get from fighting the defiants so often will offset the cost of losing.

Thats pretty much all i have. Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Senji View Post
    Kindly ask whichever rogues are not bards to warp out so you may get another war/cleric/mage in their place.
    Haha!

Rogue advice: find out who's going down and make it happen. Oh, and eradicate at yer own risk. Have fun.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Quote Originally Posted by Whytblaze View Post
    Whitefall (ascended version)
    This is my favorite strat and I'm almost reluctant to give it but here it is anyway. Its called fishing.

I will purposefully run ahead of everyone else and instead of going right to the middle i will go down the right or left side and act like im trying to get to their base or behind them. Almost without fail 3 or more of the opposing team will peel off from the group and come chase me for the "quick" kill. It is human nature to try and kill what you can, the problem is, If i can keep 3 or 4 of them occupied and away from the main group, then MY main group has 3 or 4 less people to worry about in those very important first moments of an engagement.

Sure i die in this process, but more often than not (id say it has about an 80% success rate) it helps my team enough that they rip the other team appart (14 vs 9/10) before those other 3/4 can get back and help.
    /slow clap

Plane Walker

The biggest effect in warfronts to increase winning and I hate to use a little kid expression but really it is
    L2P

I see almost a majority of players who simply do not get the mechanics in a WF and because of that it is almost an auto loss.
    And they have been doing the same thing from the 1st time and will never do differently and this by far causes more losses then anything. That an just simply not paying attention

I would love to do write ups for each wf with the basics but in this forums it would turn out to be 700 pages of bs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2