+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kruunch

Thread: Please rearrange warfront clusters before half birthday!

Ascendant

Default Please rearrange warfront clusters before half birthday!

A lot of major guilds have been moving around in the past couple weeks (and will continue to do so). This has caused queue times to go up for many clusters. Instant queues turned into 5min, 5min queues turned into 15min. Please take the time to rearrange the warfront group clusters before we go into the bonus prestige half birthday extravaganza!
    Last edited by generatedname; 08-24-2011 at 07:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    A lot of major guilds have been moving around in the past couple weeks (and will continue to do so). This has caused queue times to go up for many clusters. Instant queues turned into 5min, 5min queues turned into 15min. Please take the time to rearrange the warfront group clusters before we go into the bonus prestige half birthday extravaganza!
    At this point I'm not sure why all servers aren't in one big PvP cluster.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I think the reason is due to the huge faction imbalance, but I do agree with you.

I have a feeling this will happen soon, because they are sure to get annoyed with having to re-balance the WF clusters so frequently due to large guilds hopping around all the time.
    [Server] Faeblight
    [Retail] M_1=Chloromancer(D), M_2=Cleric(D), A=Rogue(D)
    [Beta 1-7] Tank (Reaver/Paladin)

Ascendant

well, I have a theory. The game is not 50/50 down the line for each faction, so all shards on one cluster would be the same problem as 1 server queue (the side with less gets faster queue). They are trying to find shards that are guardian-heavy to match with shards that are defiant-heavy so that it can sort of balance out.

The problem is that shards which are heavy on one side get a lot of transfers (and this is just about every shard now). The underdogs are getting zerged nonstop, so they move. The high pop faction is bored with no competition so they move, and the cluster gets screwed on queues.

Rift Disciple

I think there's some limitation as to how many they can put in a wargroup due to their hardware/networking setup. I remember last time they rearranged wargroups they had to move tons of data between servers which makes me think that connecting all servers to the same instance servers isn't as easy as it sounds.
    Tankalron :: Fires of Heaven :: Deepwood (US) Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by Thulium View Post
    I think the reason is due to the huge faction imbalance, but I do agree with you.

I have a feeling this will happen soon, because they are sure to get annoyed with having to re-balance the WF clusters so frequently due to large guilds hopping around all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    well, I have a theory. The game is not 50/50 down the line for each faction, so all shards on one cluster would be the same problem as 1 server queue (the side with less gets faster queue). They are trying to find shards that are guardian-heavy to match with shards that are defiant-heavy so that it can sort of balance out.

The problem is that shards which are heavy on one side get a lot of transfers (and this is just about every shard now). The underdogs are getting zerged nonstop, so they move. The high pop faction is bored with no competition so they move, and the cluster gets screwed on queues.
    Possibly but if so it doesn't make much sense with the current server transfer mechanic in play (i.e. faction balances shift so frequently that a battlegroup-by-faction-balance is thrown off before it's even implemented).

And I since we're not talking about WoW-like numbers here (subscriber wise) I don't think you'd have a problem performance wise (which is why I believe the clusters were made in the first place).

The worst that would happen is slightly higher Q-times for one faction over the other but it would still be faster Q-times in general then now.

Ascendant

Possibly but if so it doesn't make much sense with the current server transfer mechanic in play (i.e. faction balances shift so frequently that a battlegroup-by-faction-balance is thrown off before it's even implemented).

And I since we're not talking about WoW-like numbers here (subscriber wise) I don't think you'd have a problem performance wise (which is why I believe the clusters were made in the first place).

The worst that would happen is slightly higher Q-times for one faction over the other but it would still be faster Q-times in general then now.
    i would like to see them implement a dynamic cluster group that groups different shards together for the defiant and guardian teams based on the current populations

Soulwalker

I agree the que times are way to long now.

Quick question. Is there a list anywhere of which shards are clustered for warfronts on any of the fan sites?

Champion

Defiant side Laethys server queues have been disatrous the last week. I don't want to wait 10+ minutes for any pop when you're trying to chomp down some favour. Of course to anyone that waits a long time for a PVE queue though, 10 mins must seem trivial, so I hear.

Ascendant

10-15 min queues for defiant on deepstrike, can't really enjoy bonus prestige that way!

+ Reply to Thread