+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Cooldown on soul purge?

Rift Disciple

Default Cooldown on soul purge?

Can I get a reduction on soul purge? I feel like such an idiot being able to spam it half the time. Most of the mages I look at in wfs are channeling soul purge at least 50% of the time and I don't blame them. If some one interrupts me I just cast it again. Maybe a 10 second cooldown?

---------

I anticipate: If you spam it your a scrub and some lie about how it doesn't do much damage.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by penumbralcat View Post
    Can I get a reduction on soul purge? I feel like such an idiot being able to spam it half the time. Most of the mages I look at in wfs are channeling soul purge at least 50% of the time and I don't blame them. If some one interrupts me I just cast it again. Maybe a 10 second cooldown?

---------

I anticipate: If you spam it your a scrub and some lie about how it doesn't do much damage.
    You can't spam it. Resource constraints.

[edit] And it's pretty weak at 50. Haven't been killed by it since about level 40.
    Last edited by astrocanis; 08-24-2011 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by astrocanis View Post

[edit] And it's pretty weak at 50. Haven't been killed by it since about level 40.
    It heals for alot coupled with reconstruct, mortality, and chloro heals.

I've seen lock/chloros do the most damage and 2nd most healing, high ranked ones.

I think it needs a little tuning down.
    Last edited by Pesmergia; 08-24-2011 at 04:54 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by astrocanis View Post

It's actually one of the highest ST dps abilities even at 50 for mages. It's still not a top mage build for PvP though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
    It's actually one of the highest ST dps abilities even at 50 for mages. It's still not a top mage build for PvP though.
    Since when is lock/chloro NOT a top pvp build?

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    It heals for alot coupled with reconstruct, mortality, and chloro heals.

I've seen lock/chloros do the most damage and 2nd most healing, high ranked ones.

I think it needs a little tuning down.
    i totaly agree as mages need a bit of a nerf

Plane Touched

A lock/chloro doesnt have soul purge doh!

Its a necro skill

the heal was nerfed last patch. The los / range issue was fixed. With lingering wounds on you (90% of the time).. It does jack ****. Leave it alone. Its the only way non-chloro mages can live for more than 5 seconds when the warrior pain train comes at you.
    Last edited by baph; 08-24-2011 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuckie View Post
    Aye, that it does

Bull **** it can't lol 3-4 casts and you have full charge thanks to lock talent and 1.4 reduced charge consumed on SP. Don't hand me that crap >.>

"edit" Yea it does some damage, seen it crit for 1200-1500 in my earlier years of ranking

the heal was nerfed last patch. The los / range issue was fixed. With lingering wounds on you (90% of the time).. It does jack ****. Leave it alone. Its the only way non-chloro mages can live for more than 5 seconds when the warrior pain train comes at you.
    When the warrior pain train comes, no one is suppose to live. Its how it's "intended" to be
    Last edited by Toys; 08-24-2011 at 05:14 AM.

Soul purge is a necro ability, and you can't have it in a lock/chloro build. Window licking much?

Cherryanna for president!

Ascendant

Because we have far better builds. Good relative to other classes specs does not make it a top mage spec. I should also mention that at rank 8 there aren't very many builds that aren't viable in PvP anymore. Spell power is too high, and we love SP.
    Last edited by Stimuz; 08-24-2011 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toys View Post
    "edit" Yea it does some damage, seen it crit for 1200-1500 in my earlier years of ranking:
    And yesterday on my r6 mage with 1250 sp unbuffed... it was ticking for 3-400 on people... totally needs a nerf, how dare mages think they could actually kill things!

Rift Disciple

Leave mages alone. They have been nerfed to hell and back. Evrytime someone expierments and finds a decent build for a mage they get nerfed. Just like warriors. I agree some of the nerfs were needed but not all of them

Rift Chaser

Brackets 10-49? Soul Purge is amazing. The 50+ bracket? Not really... at all. I feel like people don't even read the updates sometimes. "OMG, THEY REDUCED CHARGE CONSUMPTION, YOU CAN SPAM IT" - well news flash, they also REDUCED the healing it does in PvP, which coupled with a heal debuff makes this end of the skill almost useless.

And as far as damage, it's not even close to "outrageous" as some people put it. On average for me it ticks around 500 damage, sometimes higher sometimes lower, depending on valor. Sure, if I attacked someone wearing nothing but blues, it would tick at around 1k, but how long does that last? Not to mention you have to be stationary the entire time you're channeling it. Let me know how well that works against Warriors.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast