+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Cooldown on soul purge?

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    135

    Default Cooldown on soul purge?

    Can I get a reduction on soul purge? I feel like such an idiot being able to spam it half the time. Most of the mages I look at in wfs are channeling soul purge at least 50% of the time and I don't blame them. If some one interrupts me I just cast it again. Maybe a 10 second cooldown?

    ---------

    I anticipate: If you spam it your a scrub and some lie about how it doesn't do much damage.

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by penumbralcat View Post
    Can I get a reduction on soul purge? I feel like such an idiot being able to spam it half the time. Most of the mages I look at in wfs are channeling soul purge at least 50% of the time and I don't blame them. If some one interrupts me I just cast it again. Maybe a 10 second cooldown?

    ---------

    I anticipate: If you spam it your a scrub and some lie about how it doesn't do much damage.
    You can't spam it. Resource constraints.

    [edit] And it's pretty weak at 50. Haven't been killed by it since about level 40.
    Last edited by astrocanis; 08-24-2011 at 04:27 AM.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Pesmergia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by astrocanis View Post
    You can't spam it. Resource constraints.

    [edit] And it's pretty weak at 50. Haven't been killed by it since about level 40.
    It heals for alot coupled with reconstruct, mortality, and chloro heals.

    I've seen lock/chloros do the most damage and 2nd most healing, high ranked ones.

    I think it needs a little tuning down.
    Last edited by Pesmergia; 08-24-2011 at 04:54 AM.

  4. #4
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by astrocanis View Post
    You can't spam it. Resource constraints.

    [edit] And it's pretty weak at 50. Haven't been killed by it since about level 40.
    It's actually one of the highest ST dps abilities even at 50 for mages. It's still not a top mage build for PvP though.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Pesmergia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
    It's actually one of the highest ST dps abilities even at 50 for mages. It's still not a top mage build for PvP though.
    Since when is lock/chloro NOT a top pvp build?

  6. #6
    Rift Master RubberDuckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    It heals for alot coupled with reconstruct, mortality, and chloro heals.

    I've seen lock/chloros do the most damage and 2nd most healing, high ranked ones.

    I think it needs a little tuning down.
    i totaly agree as mages need a bit of a nerf

  7. #7
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    Since when is lock/chloro NOT a top pvp build?
    A lock/chloro doesnt have soul purge doh!

    Its a necro skill

  8. #8
    Shield of Telara baph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    761

    Default

    the heal was nerfed last patch. The los / range issue was fixed. With lingering wounds on you (90% of the time).. It does jack ****. Leave it alone. Its the only way non-chloro mages can live for more than 5 seconds when the warrior pain train comes at you.
    Last edited by baph; 08-24-2011 at 05:09 AM.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple Toys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuckie View Post
    i totaly agree as mages need a bit of a nerf
    Aye, that it does

    You can't spam it. Resource constraints.

    [edit] And it's pretty weak at 50. Haven't been killed by it since about level 40.
    Bull **** it can't lol 3-4 casts and you have full charge thanks to lock talent and 1.4 reduced charge consumed on SP. Don't hand me that crap >.>

    "edit" Yea it does some damage, seen it crit for 1200-1500 in my earlier years of ranking

    the heal was nerfed last patch. The los / range issue was fixed. With lingering wounds on you (90% of the time).. It does jack ****. Leave it alone. Its the only way non-chloro mages can live for more than 5 seconds when the warrior pain train comes at you.
    When the warrior pain train comes, no one is suppose to live. Its how it's "intended" to be
    Last edited by Toys; 08-24-2011 at 05:14 AM.

  10. #10
    Shadowlander Dosas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    Since when is lock/chloro NOT a top pvp build?
    Soul purge is a necro ability, and you can't have it in a lock/chloro build. Window licking much?

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser Sunrun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuckie View Post
    i totaly agree as mages need a bit of a nerf
    Cherryanna for president!

  12. #12
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    Since when is lock/chloro NOT a top pvp build?
    Because we have far better builds. Good relative to other classes specs does not make it a top mage spec. I should also mention that at rank 8 there aren't very many builds that aren't viable in PvP anymore. Spell power is too high, and we love SP.
    Last edited by Stimuz; 08-24-2011 at 05:46 AM.

  13. #13
    Rift Master Guaritor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toys View Post
    "edit" Yea it does some damage, seen it crit for 1200-1500 in my earlier years of ranking:
    And yesterday on my r6 mage with 1250 sp unbuffed... it was ticking for 3-400 on people... totally needs a nerf, how dare mages think they could actually kill things!

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuckie View Post
    i totaly agree as mages need a bit of a nerf
    Leave mages alone. They have been nerfed to hell and back. Evrytime someone expierments and finds a decent build for a mage they get nerfed. Just like warriors. I agree some of the nerfs were needed but not all of them

  15. #15
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    386

    Default

    Brackets 10-49? Soul Purge is amazing. The 50+ bracket? Not really... at all. I feel like people don't even read the updates sometimes. "OMG, THEY REDUCED CHARGE CONSUMPTION, YOU CAN SPAM IT" - well news flash, they also REDUCED the healing it does in PvP, which coupled with a heal debuff makes this end of the skill almost useless.

    And as far as damage, it's not even close to "outrageous" as some people put it. On average for me it ticks around 500 damage, sometimes higher sometimes lower, depending on valor. Sure, if I attacked someone wearing nothing but blues, it would tick at around 1k, but how long does that last? Not to mention you have to be stationary the entire time you're channeling it. Let me know how well that works against Warriors.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts