+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Cooldown on soul purge?

Rift Chaser

If you're playing a mage, and you aren't silenced or stunned, you are playing against low ranked/bad players. The end.

Era
    Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by lmprov View Post
    Brackets 10-49? Soul Purge is amazing. The 50+ bracket? Not really... at all. I feel like people don't even read the updates sometimes. "OMG, THEY REDUCED CHARGE CONSUMPTION, YOU CAN SPAM IT" - well news flash, they also REDUCED the healing it does in PvP, which coupled with a heal debuff makes this end of the skill almost useless.

And as far as damage, it's not even close to "outrageous" as some people put it. On average for me it ticks around 500 damage, sometimes higher sometimes lower, depending on valor. Sure, if I attacked someone wearing nothing but blues, it would tick at around 1k, but how long does that last? Not to mention you have to be stationary the entire time you're channeling it. Let me know how well that works against Warriors.
    I've had it cast against instantly 3 times in succession ....all 1.1k crits and enough to kill me with dots rolling too...
    Last edited by Era; 08-24-2011 at 07:30 AM.
    Era - Defiant - Byriel
    Former Owner of RiftLift

Quote Originally Posted by Guaritor View Post
    And yesterday on my r6 mage with 1250 sp unbuffed... it was ticking for 3-400 on people... totally needs a nerf, how dare mages think they could actually kill things!
    As a chloro/lock (heavy chloro for WF's) I've found the best way to kill someone is to last long enough for someone else to come along and kill them for me

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by baph View Post
    the heal was nerfed last patch. The los / range issue was fixed. With lingering wounds on you (90% of the time).. It does jack ****. Leave it alone. Its the only way non-chloro mages can live for more than 5 seconds when the warrior pain train comes at you.
    Lingering wounds is stupid. Soul purge is stupid. They should both be fixed to support more intelligent playstyles.

Ascendant

Necromancer's tree sucks...
    If anything, put soul purge a bit later on the tree, so it's harder to use it with other ( better ) souls... But it's not like Necros are OP because they can spam soul purge.

Shadowlander

Nerf mages..... QQ.... Nerf Clerics.... QQ..... Nerf Rogues..... QQ..... Nerf Warriors...... QQ.....

So why is PVP nuttered.... QQ......

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    Necromancer's tree sucks...
    If anything, put soul purge a bit later on the tree, so it's harder to use it with other ( better ) souls... But it's not like Necros are OP because they can spam soul purge.
    Its a 16 point skill. Thats plenty high enough.
    It does approx the same amount of damage as a stacked Plague bolt (over time)
    Its interuptable.
    I cant seriously understand how people have a problem with this skill. Honestly I cant.
    Amary; Beta 5: Patch Notes 1/24/11
    "Increased the size of mushrooms so they can be seen through grass/groundclutter/badgers."

Ascendant

Do mages have any other spell but this, void bolt and the occasional mortality?

Must be difficult to set up your Keybindings.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by solarbear View Post

It's about as hard as it is to setup warrior keybindings.

Button 1 - AP Builder macro
    Button 2 - Finisher macro

Quote Originally Posted by solarbear View Post

If you have Soul Purge, then chances are you are a Necro/Lock. This is built around dots. Anybody casting bolts in PvP is doing it wrong.
    The spells you are not seeing are a ton of dots, all instant. This builds the charge needed to fire off purge or mortality.
    Personally, purge and mortality are the only spells I use that have cast or channels at all.
    It would seem that I am not casting unless you were watching my toon and not my bars.
    Last edited by Pushy; 08-24-2011 at 04:57 PM.
    Amary; Beta 5: Patch Notes 1/24/11
    "Increased the size of mushrooms so they can be seen through grass/groundclutter/badgers."

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    I've seen lock/chloros do the most damage and 2nd most healing, high ranked ones.
    Chlorolocks can't get Soul Purge.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dalmyra View Post
    It's about as hard as it is to setup warrior keybindings.

Button 1 - AP Builder macro
    Button 2 - Finisher macro
    Pretty much true.

I love it when you die and you have a caster targetted and he casts the same spell like 20 times in a row. Makes you wonder WTF they were thinking designing some of the classes.

At one stage in playing, I had my AP builder and Reactives on different macros. It was a lot more fun then, but very inefficient.

PVP seem to be more about being in the right spot at the right time and using the little situational skills at the right time than anything.
    Last edited by solarbear; 08-24-2011 at 05:22 PM.

Rift Disciple

I guess I just wave my hands around mysteriously. This pvp is like playing a chosen in warhammer.

so, you're using a 1v1-oriented build in necrolock, and complaining that it's good in 1v1?

you're not killing entire groups with soul purge.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    so, you're using a 1v1-oriented build in necrolock, and complaining that it's good in 1v1?

you're not killing entire groups with soul purge.
    No, im just stating that the playstyle supports idiots. I am sad that when I play it I feel like one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast