+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Great lookng game, it was smooth andwell produced but Rift's PvP was all time worst

Default Great lookng game, it was smooth andwell produced but Rift's PvP was all time worst

Well after leaving the game a few weeks ago, I realize that Rift PvP was the worst, most cookie cutter, button mashing, pvp gear based, grind based, boring version of PvP I have ever seen in any game. It was absolutely awful, and people need to just be honest with themselves; It's never going to be good. Rift is a good game, but not the PvP, and certainly not the WFs, or the PvP damage mit. reward gear, (skill-less grinding 101)

I was poking around some older MMOs like Darkfall this week, and I just remembered what real PvP was like. Rift is a cluster**** of scrubs who had time to grind out gear with all the innate qualities you'd need to be competitive by itself. Get out of here now if you want PvP, Rift is awful. Other than that though, I guess it was OK. Well other than that it was cool really. i had fun leveling up three toons, and although i wasted a lot of time on the PvP (rank6) it was a very slick game, and a good launch for a PvE only game.
    Last edited by Dankshasta; 08-24-2011 at 03:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    I need 900 valor, and a healer to kill Dankshasta
    "How do i pwn so good?"

DARKFALL PvP!!

I have to agree on the PvE part. RIFT is alsothe best looking MMO that I have ever seen in nearly ten years of MMO'ing. The 10-49 WF's are actually a lot of fun, unless you happen to be pitted against a bunch of hackers. The lvl 50 WF bracket is where it falls completely apart. I finally went back into a Codex on my rank 4 rogue last night with some other R4 and under guildies and we got one and two shotted repeatedly. LOL It's really just plain ol' stupid.

there will never be any real 'skill' in a game with a GCD ... this is the hard truth. The GCD act like a speed-limited for skill.

The only comes from knowledge of your class and situational awareness.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Vaine View Post
    situational awareness.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0971209/

Rift Disciple

1-49 pvp was great. The trouble at 50 is that there are so many people who got to 50 a while back and are very geared and they two-shot new, P2-3 players without any competition.

It's like a pve 40 fighting a 50 monster.

This leads to your own team raging and self-destructing.

Main suggestion is to have brackets for WFs, so like fights like.

Many posts suggest this, but we can't comment on these, as these forums arbitrarily shut down discussion after 30 days.
    Last edited by Pzyche; 08-24-2011 at 04:29 AM.

there will never be any real 'skill' in a game with a GCD ... this is the hard truth. The GCD act like a speed-limited for skill.

So true.

Give me a game with the same concept and no GCDs, I'd be a monster killing machine, god, I'd love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankshasta View Post
    Well after leaving the game a few weeks ago, I realize that Rift PvP was the worst, most cookie cutter, button mashing, pvp gear based, grind based, boring version of PvP I have ever seen in any game. It was absolutely awful, and people need to just be honest with themselves; It's never going to be good. Rift is a good game, but not the PvP, and certainly not the WFs, or the PvP damage mit. reward gear, (skill-less grinding 101)

I was poking around some older MMOs like Darkfall this week, and I just remembered what real PvP was like. Rift is a cluster**** of scrubs who had time to grind out gear with all the innate qualities you'd need to be competitive by itself. Get out of here now if you want PvP, Rift is awful. Other than that though, I guess it was OK. Well other than that it was cool really. i had fun leveling up three toons, and although i wasted a lot of time on the PvP (rank6) it was a very slick game, and a good launch for a PvE only game.
    people keep posting great idea to balance PvP and make it more fun but trion dont seem to listen, instead they just add more bugged broken cookie cutter content and make the game even worse without fixing the problems they had before.

Agreed to an extent. However i have a buddy who clicks, keyboard turns and chases tanks across the map. There is at least some kind of skill in an mmo.

+ Reply to Thread