+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: New 50 PvP isn't value for money

Rift Disciple

Default New 50 PvP isn't value for money

After getting my 100k favour in 1-49 PvP and being a general-legend, things seemed great untill 50. As many other posts comment upon, we have to compete with people with twice-as-good gear 2-shotting us, people on our own team yelling at us, and even when you have Prestige 2 gear on your first day through hard work, nothing much changes.

It is a lot like expecting level 40s to fight level 50s in PvE.

Might I suggest WFs that go from 1-4 and 5-8+?

There are other threads on this but they are arbitrairily closed after 30 days, even though people still join Rift and the game changes. So for all those that got to 50 in the last month, here's a chance to add a note.

Without new players the game will gradually bleed subs and those that yell at us for being undergeared noobs will eventually end up with Age of Conan style gamepay (almost none). Yet, I can see their frustation is just too.

So, help us all out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pzyche View Post
    After getting my 100k favour in 1-49 PvP and being a general-legend, things seemed great untill 50. As many other posts comment upon, we have to compete with people with twice-as-good gear 2-shotting us, people on our own team yelling at us, and even when you have Prestige 2 gear on your first day through hard work, nothing much changes.

There are other threads on this but they are arbitrairily closed after 30 days, even though people still join Rift and the game changes. So for all those that got to 50 in the last month, here's a chance to add a note.

Without new players the game will gradually bleed subs and those that yell at us for being undergeared noobs will eventually end up with Age of Conan style gamepay (almost none). Yet, I can see their frustation is just too.

So, help us all out.
    i dont see the problem here of course u get spanked as a fresh 50 the only ones who didnt were the no lifers that got 50 in first 2 weeks, as many will say we all went through it so why should u get a free pass?
    also u if u think about it if u enter gsb or hammer as a fresh 50 in greens (p1-2pvp is about as good as questing greens) u will get 1 or 2 shot no difference in pvp u have to work for ya gear please dont be another generation me me me and expect everyhting handed to you.
    i suggest if u dont like the grind mmo's arnt for you pick up afresh copy of any generic fps and be god mode from day one if that is ya thing as in mmo's it doesnt happen

Well, the first thing they need to do is merge all the battlegroups together, so there's a larger pool of players.

Sarathor@Byriel Rank 7 Defiant Mage - retired
    Bonqueequee@Byriel Rank 1 Guardian Rogue

After getting my 100k favour in 1-49 PvP and being a general-legend.
    see you've got it all wrong.. The path to becomming a legend starts at 50 anything before that is just for fun
    Sureen - Conspiracy

A post spoken from the Heart contains passion, A post spoken from the head leads to intelligent debate,
    but since the majority of what I read is full of crap I guess most talk out of thier Arse

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    i dont see the problem here of course u get spanked as a fresh 50 the only ones who didnt were the no lifers that got 50 in first 2 weeks, as many will say we all went through it so why should u get a free pass?
    also u if u think about it if u enter gsb or hammer as a fresh 50 in greens (p1-2pvp is about as good as questing greens) u will get 1 or 2 shot no difference in pvp u have to work for ya gear please dont be another generation me me me and expect everyhting handed to you.
    i suggest if u dont like the grind mmo's arnt for you pick up afresh copy of any generic fps and be god mode from day one if that is ya thing as in mmo's it doesnt happen
    I really like these kinda comments. Just because you endured the slaughter that is fresg 50 pvp everyone else have too? I mean all he asks for is some fun while grinding. He isn't asking for free gear. Maybe the problem is that you would not be able to kill people if the pvp was balanced. *****

Ygg
    Telaran

There is a need for WF clusters:

R1-4
    R5-8

Nuff said.

So, help us all out.
    i totaly agree with this and keep posting about this and reading other posts just like this.

warfronts need to be split into groups of rank 1 to 4 and 5 to 8 but trion at the moment are incapable of doing so

Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuckie View Post
    warfronts need to be split into groups of rank 1 to 4 and 5 to 8 but trion at the moment are incapable of doing so
    In typical Trion fashion, they are probably working on developing a system to allow this. Hopefully it is adjustable so that they can change it when ranks 9-10+ come out.
    [Server] Faeblight
    [Retail] M_1=Chloromancer(D), M_2=Cleric(D), A=Rogue(D)
    [Beta 1-7] Tank (Reaver/Paladin)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ygg View Post
    There is a need for WF clusters:

R1-4
    R5-8

Nuff said.
    Or a simple friken need to reduce differences between earh ranks...so simple and logic
    Nuff said.

Ascendant

Or you guys could learn what a team is and quit trying to solo everything.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Another I was leet at 49 and now Im a scrub fix this travesty qq thread

Ascendant

Instead of simply making no valor increases on r7/8, it's too bad they didn't move the r5/6 valor to r7/8, and re distribute valor gains between r1-r6 to even step. If they kept that up as they add more ranks, eventually there'd be less disparity between r1 and r5, say. R12 would still be able to destroy r1 by thinking about considering looking in his direction.
    The Roguepocalypse is upon us!

Soulwalker

The funny thing about this comment I'm not coming in wearing greens, I have Purples and blues. The grip is that those purples might as well not exist. I should just go into a wf wearing a set of lvl 1 greens for all the good they do.

No one except you has mentioned that they want to be god mode. Just a fair fight. Split the groups 1-4 , 2-6, and 4-8.

We play this for enjoyment. How is it enjoyable when you get into a WF and get 1-3 shot, respawn, rebuff and repeat. It's such a blast to see at the end of the WF that My t2 armor just took me to the top of the List in Deaths. WHAT A HONOR. I might as well just stay out and let you IE God Mode players go duel it out instead of padding your ego with easy kills. That's right if I stay out you don't get as many kills and now your stats in Damage given dosen't look as good. Guess I do have a reason for being there. YOUR stats.

Because it is not true that "we" all went through it...
    ...and nobody is asking for a free pas.

Funny that you should point this out. Correct, on the PvE side as you work (yes, they work) for their gear - they go through a progression. They do not start with HK. They work their way up to HK. Guess what? Yep, should be the same for PvP. Your point, mind you... even if you were ignorant of making it.

Again, it is not the grind in the least. It is the failed progression on the PvP side...which even you recognize...

...so really do not understand your last statement there to the OP. It would appear that you agree, but you're either simply being spiteful or you're one of those failures that could not play without the huge edge provided by combining the high with the low ranks.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Might could use a system for Solo queue, Duo queue, 5 man unranked, 5 man ranked and make it competitive.

Or possibly break the wf's into R1-3 and 4-8 (no reason a R1 should have to fight a R4 when R4 is soooooooooo good for a lot of callings).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast