+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Most of us agree PvP progression is a mess. Can we get some non-progression rewards?

Default Most of us agree PvP progression is a mess. Can we get some non-progression rewards?

Status symbols. Swagga*. Whatever you want to call it. That's the kind of stuff I'd like to see while progression gets sorted out, and expensive to the point that no sane player can afford it, because I want to be that one crazy mother****er that spent 200 marks on a costume piece that very few other people have.

Ideas:

Faction and/or notoriety banners
    One of my favorite things to do in PvP right now is to drop a necrotic banner where I'm making a stand, would like to see some for the PvP factions. No stat gains or even fancy graphics, just the banner would be fine.

Costume pieces
    Yeah, the rank 8 stuff can have the same graphic as the 6. That's fine. Give us a costume set or two at completely ridiculous prices so that only the most dedicated of players can get it. It has no bearing on progression, so why can't it be mega grindy?

Weapon/character glows
    Similar to the ones offered for the world events. Maybe two colors of each. Deep blue and gold for the guardians (but not too similar to water or earth glows if possible), and then red and black (if you're wondering how black works, see dominator split personalities) for defiants or whatever those emos like.

A ****ING WARHORN
    I WANT TO SOUND A WARHORN. POSSIBLY JUST BEFORE DROPPING A BANNER.

PvP mount
    Scion doesn't count, because Scion sucks. Even if it's just different colors of the current racial mounts. A valmera with gold armor instead of white, for example. And-and a banner attached! ...what, I like banners okay.

Companion pets that don't die in PvP

You know, like Fluffy! Uh, valmera cub for guardian, and a little clockwork dog or something for defiants.

Titles
    Why not? One for each warfront faction, suffix.

Uh, I think I'm out of ideas for now, but I need things to spend marks/favor on, so get on it!

* I apologize for this, and will never use this word in written form again.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

I agree with everything in this post! Quite a few of us have or are going to have everything you can buy with favor already, give us a new grind or treadmill!

Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    Status symbols. Swagga*. Whatever you want to call it. That's the kind of stuff I'd like to see while progression gets sorted out, and expensive to the point that no sane player can afford it, because I want to be that one crazy mother****er that spent 200 marks on a costume piece that very few other people have.

Ideas:

Faction and/or notoriety banners
    One of my favorite things to do in PvP right now is to drop a necrotic banner where I'm making a stand, would like to see some for the PvP factions. No stat gains or even fancy graphics, just the banner would be fine.

Costume pieces
    Yeah, the rank 8 stuff can have the same graphic as the 6. That's fine. Give us a costume set or two at completely ridiculous prices so that only the most dedicated of players can get it. It has no bearing on progression, so why can't it be mega grindy?

Weapon/character glows
    Similar to the ones offered for the world events. Maybe two colors of each. Deep blue and gold for the guardians (but not too similar to water or earth glows if possible), and then red and black (if you're wondering how black works, see dominator split personalities) for defiants or whatever those emos like.

A ****ING WARHORN
    I WANT TO SOUND A WARHORN. POSSIBLY JUST BEFORE DROPPING A BANNER.

PvP mount
    Scion doesn't count, because Scion sucks. Even if it's just different colors of the current racial mounts. A valmera with gold armor instead of white, for example. And-and a banner attached! ...what, I like banners okay.

Companion pets that don't die in PvP

You know, like Fluffy! Uh, valmera cub for guardian, and a little clockwork dog or something for defiants.

Titles
    Why not? One for each warfront faction, suffix.

Uh, I think I'm out of ideas for now, but I need things to spend marks/favor on, so get on it!

* I apologize for this, and will never use this word in written form again.
    instead of adding costume peices they may as well just do up the current pvp sets graphicly to make them look better and give us a new look for the rank 7 and 8 gear.

little vanity items would be great and fun in warfronts but if everyone starts spamming them it will clutter up the warfrotn and mostl ikely cause lag and FPS issues.

for the loot you can loot from players after you have killed them they need to remove the current drops of realy poor greens blues and purples and make it so you can get a chance to loot pvp marks and more vanity pets and items you can drop on the floor outside of warfronts

Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuckie View Post
    for the loot you can loot from players after you have killed them they need to remove the current drops of realy poor greens blues and purples and make it so you can get a chance to loot pvp marks and more vanity pets and items you can drop on the floor outside of warfronts
    This should be a top priority!

I'd like for the 100 plat achievement to be possible within my lifetime. That could be a nice change.

94299 kills, fully R8 geared, max rep with everything etcetc, "Thanks for the tip" 157734/1000000. That's not even 20%.

(Gear)

Normally I'm all for fluff in mmorpgs, but fluff doesn't have a place in pvp because all those companion pets and special animations you want around like it's some derp fest of TF2 lag the rest of the players to some degree, and thus lowers the overall experience of pvp. (unless you're a lvl 50 then it can't get any lower)

I think you guys are underestimating how inaccessible this stuff needs to be. This isn't stuff you just pick up, we're talking any ONE of these having a comparable cost to upgrading your armor at rank 7 or 8. In the hundreds of marks.

Framerate issues are certainly to be taken into consideration, but given that everything I've mentioned is already available in some form or another, I don't imagine it making any difference.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

+ Reply to Thread