+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sick of being steamrolled in warfronts? This may be the reason.

Shadowlander

Default Sick of being steamrolled in warfronts? This may be the reason.

I am talking about the Molinar/Freeholm wargroup (of course).

We originally had Briarcliff and crucia on our batlegroup, which balanced out Molinar/Freeholm, defiants from Moli/Free are without a doubt very geared/skilled PvP players in general and the guardian equivilant are on Briarcliff and Crucia.

From what I've been reading, the defiants have been steamrolled by Briarcliff and from first hand experience i KNOW that guardians get slaughtered by defiants almost every game (I played 48 games and won 2).

And to be steamrolling people that much must be good, but surely (apart from the ego's) there are people that want an actual challenge once in a while?

I did some thinking (shock horror, a PvP person on a forum thought before they posted) and came to the conclusion that the reason everyone's getting killed so much and not enjoying WFs is because there is no balance, either put Moli/Freeholm on the battlegroup as Briar/Crucia to even the high geared players out, or split the prestiege warfronts like R1-4 then 5-8..

The second option is my least favorite, as if people have worked the grind to R8 and now reaping the rewards from it (I'm rank 4 and still get owned, but I see it as part of the challenge, you dont go into HK in tier 2 gear and expect to win either).

I REALLY hope Trion do something about this, and before I get flamed/trolled, I have obviously thought of both sides of the situation and tried to develop a fair argument. However if I have missed something, by all means I'd love to hear it .

I use too many commas.

Cheers.

Rift Master

I'm on Crucia and the guardians here aren't worth talking about.
    There's some overpowered warriors that are obscenely dangerous, but that's just a balance issue. They keyboard turn ffs.

Maybe you mean another server?

Shadowlander

Hmm, perhaps I am thinking of another server, but i remember Crucia as a good PvP server in early rift, maybe server changed? Not too sure.

Yes this does seem to be an interesting issue here in Rift PvP, skill by all means does not outweigh gear, Swifty from WoW can come in, get insanely good at a warrior and still be destroyed by someone more geared. (I say swifty because no other amazing PvPer comes to mind.)

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Skuznuts View Post
    Hmm, perhaps I am thinking of another server, but i remember Crucia as a good PvP server in early rift, maybe server changed? Not too sure.

Yes this does seem to be an interesting issue here in Rift PvP, skill by all means does not outweigh gear, Swifty from WoW can come in, get insanely good at a warrior and still be destroyed by someone more geared. (I say swifty because no other amazing PvPer comes to mind.)
    Crucia is a PvE server. It's been in the same wargroup as Molinar since before the changes afaik.
    Last edited by Valanceer; 08-23-2011 at 11:53 PM.

Shadowlander

I haven't seen Crucia around for a long time, and I'm on that battlegroup.

And just because a server is PVE doesn't mean it has no PvP players, I honestly think some of the top PvP guilds have switched. They were definately one of the better PvP in guardian early game.

Shadowlander

That first sentence wasn't supposed to sound so ******y... i mean't more along the lines of I'm probably challenged and didn't see them.

Use to be on Freeholme, would destroy Defiants in both world PvE and BG's solo queuing.

*Shrug*.
    JD - Formerly Archivist
    ||P8 Mage||11/11 HK||
    Breaking Bads @ Seastone
    Recruiting 1 Warrior or Rogue Tank - Apply on the Website!!

I haven't seen Crucia around for a long time, and I'm on that battlegroup.

And just because a server is PVE doesn't mean it has no PvP players, I honestly think some of the top PvP guilds have switched. They were definately one of the better PvP in guardian early game.
    Crucia and Perspice became Trial servers iirc.

The cluster used to be Molinar, Perspice, Crucia, and...Laethys?

Then Freeholme, Atrophinius, Emberlord were added in.

Then Greenscale and I want to say Neddra.

And the best premade I have ever played against on the Molinar cluster was from Perspice. A PvE server. If any of the old-head Molinar-cluster players remember SIN vs. Foreplay every day.
    Last edited by Puzzlebox; 08-24-2011 at 01:07 AM.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Briarcliff has some epicly stupid dps on defiant, no exaggeration, 95%+ of the dps I see backpeddle, keyboard turn, don't protect healers, don't know WF objectives, or are botting, or a combination of those.

Maybe once in the blue moon I'll see a DPS that impresses me, but for the most part, they are are horrible.

Now briarcliff has some good healers on defiant, but that's about it, VERY few good dps.

I wonder how defiant can be so stupid over and over and over and over and over again.

Rift Disciple

Surely Trion has the means to determine if there's an imbalance between factions, whether it's due to gear/population/skill.

If it's as poorly balanced as people are claiming, why aren't the clusters regularly rearranged, or at the very least rotated to see if things are improved. I wouldn't mind playing people from different servers regardless of balance issues, if only to mix things up a bit.

Something has to be done about the Freeholme/Molinar cluster anyway--queue times are currently 10-15 minutes in the late evening for Defiants, which is making PvP as a whole pretty miserable lately.
    Trephination [Rogue] | Somali [Mage] | Defiant @ Deepstrike | <Waiting on Diablo>

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    Crucia and Perspice became Trial servers iirc.

The cluster used to be Molinar, Perspice, Crucia, and...Laethys?

Then Freeholme, Atrophinius, Emberlord were added in.

Then Greenscale and I want to say Neddra.

And the best premade I have ever played against on the Molinar cluster was from Perspice. A PvE server. If any of the old-head Molinar-cluster players remember SIN vs. Foreplay every day.
    Laethys isn't a real server >.>
    Pedia < Chronicle > @ Laethys US
    DPS Warrior Gear Spreadsheet - http://tinyurl.com/43qqmar

Defiants bury the Guardians and then pillage their towns on Atrophinius. There are only a handful of Guardians which can do anything on Atrophinius. Great place for a Defiant.

Ascendant

I am talking about the Molinar/Freeholm wargroup (of course).

We originally had Briarcliff and crucia on our batlegroup, which balanced out Molinar/Freeholm, defiants from Moli/Free are without a doubt very geared/skilled PvP players in general and the guardian equivilant are on Briarcliff and Crucia.

From what I've been reading, the defiants have been steamrolled by Briarcliff and from first hand experience i KNOW that guardians get slaughtered by defiants almost every game (I played 48 games and won 2).

And to be steamrolling people that much must be good, but surely (apart from the ego's) there are people that want an actual challenge once in a while?

I did some thinking (shock horror, a PvP person on a forum thought before they posted) and came to the conclusion that the reason everyone's getting killed so much and not enjoying WFs is because there is no balance, either put Moli/Freeholm on the battlegroup as Briar/Crucia to even the high geared players out, or split the prestiege warfronts like R1-4 then 5-8..

The second option is my least favorite, as if people have worked the grind to R8 and now reaping the rewards from it (I'm rank 4 and still get owned, but I see it as part of the challenge, you dont go into HK in tier 2 gear and expect to win either).

I REALLY hope Trion do something about this, and before I get flamed/trolled, I have obviously thought of both sides of the situation and tried to develop a fair argument. However if I have missed something, by all means I'd love to hear it .

I use too many commas.

Cheers.
    battlegroups are made between shard that run on the same server cluster, move one shard from a cluster to another require a prolonged downtime and manutention.
    moving your char from the shard you perceive (*) as "losing" to the one you perceive as "winning" requires two mouse clicks.
    do your math.

(*) wich often is just the matter of not being in sync with the winning premade - you get to fight the other side premade while -their- pugs get to fight -your- side premade, you see only loss, they see only loss.
    Last edited by Ruizo; 08-24-2011 at 03:41 AM.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Rift Master

Warfronts were great on Freeholme, took a holiday, came back, all the Guardians left and the ones that stayed stopped queuing. WF times suck now, sigh.

I hate this ****ing wargroup. It was fine and relatively balanced until about 2 weeks ago? Wtf happened?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast