+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Outnumbered" bonus in Rift rewards? Go Trion!!! (Dev confirmation would be great!)

Default "Outnumbered" bonus in Rift rewards? Go Trion!!! (Dev confirmation would be great!)

I have been known to attack a guardian rift with over a raid in it, with only myself or with one or two others. (Of course I fail to break it.)

But of the 7 times I have tried this, even though unsuccessful, I have gotten a [Mark of Retribution] 6 times!

Is there really a bonus to fighting outnumbered at a PVP Rift?

There certainly isn't a penalty!

/impressed

<Amazonia> Leader - Sunrest Server
    It's only a game ... until you get a piece of Asph.

Screenshots:

Battle

Rewards

Side note, my guildies have netted multiple purples in such cases as well.

Both I and one of them have grabbed three purple drops in a single overwhelmingly outnumbered PVP Rift battle.

Plane Touched

Exploitin'
    I be reportin'
    ty

hi2u|
    10/11 HK|

Anyone else had similar results?

Anyone not had similar results?

I think it would be good for the game if people knew that there was a hidden "outnumbered" bonus tbh. Or mebbe it's just that the loot rewards for each side are divided amongst the players on that side, so if your side has only 2 or 3 players, you score big.

Me? I'd do it for the thrill. Mindful of the fact that most gamers these days are mindless loot******.

Interesting. I did get rewarded the other night for attacking a Guardian PvP rift whilst outnumbered but didn't think too much of it.

Further testing required, methinks.

Default Test

Let's get to the testing!
    No matter how dark the night, morning always comes. And our journey begins anew...

Soulwalker

I've gone in against a full raid and just hit a few players or the pillars and ended up with marks at the end.

Plane Walker

if this isen't true it should have been.

the high favor gain that was abused in the exploit was intended for people to drop what they where doing and head to a rift opend by the other faction, this to stimulate actual pvp at these rifts.

now this has been changed most PVP rifts on the PVE server play on have turned into both sides just running crystals with no opposision.

if it now turns out you can get a nice PVP reward by attacking rifts from the other side this might stimulate PVP at PVP rifts again

I think you're correct. I had the same experience.

Sarathor@Byriel Rank 7 Defiant Mage - retired
    Bonqueequee@Byriel Rank 1 Guardian Rogue

Ascendant

Random loot is random.

I'm always duoing with Rantology. Sometimes I get marks. Sometimes she gets marks. Sometimes we both get marks. Sometimes we're up on people. Sometimes they're up on people.

Random loot is random.

I had the same thing happen a few times since they re-opened the PvP rifts. Myself and 3 other Defiant ambushed a few stone runners. Only killed a couple before we were resoundingly routed, and all pretty much gave up, overwhelming force and all. However, as soon as they closed the rift, we all got Mark's in our loot bags. I will be killing more guardians at PvP rifts from now on, no matter the odds.
    Last edited by Gyle; 08-24-2011 at 04:30 AM.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by kissmybuns View Post
    I have been known to attack a guardian rift with over a raid in it, with only myself or with one or two others. (Of course I fail to break it.)

But of the 7 times I have tried this, even though unsuccessful, I have gotten a [Mark of Retribution] 6 times!

Is there really a bonus to fighting outnumbered at a PVP Rift?

There certainly isn't a penalty!

/impressed
    yes of course ill kiss your buns <3 lol

well the pvp rift system is totaly random and broken

the people that actualy run about 5 stones each dont seem to get the marks, were as some player that did nothing sitting at the pvp rift gets the marks which is kinda lame.

and yes its like this for attacking also. you dont even have to take down the rift if your attacking it to get a mark.

but if you want a quick acheivment type /dance in an enemy pvp rift
    Last edited by RubberDuckie; 08-24-2011 at 05:14 AM.

Thanks for all the feedback guys!! Great to see so many other people with similar results!

I tried to "crash" two guardian rifts today with tiny groups, was 1 for 2 on the Marks.

Would be really really nice if a Trion Dev could shine a bit of light on this, may cut down on all the whining about "being ganked" on the forums.

Then again, prolly not lol.

Anywayz, I think the hidden bonus to "outnumbered" rift busting is a really good feature. (if it exists)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Random loot is random.
    ^^^^

Google "variance" guys.

1000's of players do the exact same thing, some of these encounter weird individual results ( but completely normal in a 1000's players group ) and think they figured something out.
    Nothing to see there.

fwiw, on one of my toon, I got 5 mark of retribution for closing 5 rifts completely uncontested for my quest.
    Didn't get any on the very next toon doing the exact same thing.

Yep, straight random luck. When waiting for WF to pop I will ride into a pvp rift, click a shard once and ride away (or if it's an enemy one zerg vs. me hit someone and ride away) you will get full credit when the rift closes for the win/loss and a chance at a mark.

If the wf queue pops you will not get the prestige/favor anymore, but you will still get the item rewards (lost count how many times I got a mark within a wf from a closed pvp rift I tagged)

The system sucks as far as getting pvp going. The rewards to stopping a pvp rift are next to none, so what ends up happening is Guardians pick one zone, Defiant pick another and we farm on our marry way.

IMO: Only 1 PVP rift can be active at any time. You want to force pvp, that would do it.
    Last edited by Redrowen; 08-28-2011 at 04:36 AM.
    PVP: R8
    GSB 5/5 | RoS 4/4 | HK 4/10 | GP 4/4 | DH 4/4 | RotP 1/4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast