+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why does gear have to alter stats?

Default Why does gear have to alter stats?

Instead of having pvp gear with tons of high stats on them so they turn high ranked players into god-mode, why not trade stats in an items budget to +bonuses to players soul trees?

Instead of a 1h mace

int: 24
    wis: 36
    end: 26
    spellpower: 347

Have it be ....

int: 16
    wis 22
    end 18
    spellpower: 307
    +1 soul point

This way players get more variety without gear scaling out of control too early in Rift's life.
    Last edited by Trisian; 08-23-2011 at 08:21 PM.

Oh dude, the points would be far superior to the stats, and then people without extra points would cry about that. And it'd still be a gear-based whine.

Doesn't solve anything.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Yes, allow me to play 51warlock and 16necromancer(soulpurge) at the same time lol. It would cause more imbalance than it solves.

75% more damage/healing soul purge ticks anyone?
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    Yes, allow me to play 51warlock and 16necromancer(soulpurge) at the same time lol. It would cause more imbalance than it solves.

75% more damage/healing soul purge ticks anyone?
    Yeah when even the most absurd ideas are entertained, you can understand the level of desperation this game is nearing. I've come up with over half a dozen original popular threads on how to get things fixed and the same derps complain about the same thing over and over, that no progress is being made. Ever since I canceled my account back in april when I could see the disaster that was the end-game pvp I've championed these forums with hope it might improve (out for boredom at work mostly) but this game isn't even worth wasting time on while something better comes along. It's better than supporting Blizzard or some Asian grinder looking to steal your personal info, but rift is a very very hollow game. I hope it finds the soul it needs.

Why does gear have to alter stats?

Because of the meatier mob with a bigger club PvE Progression that devs have gone with over the years... the average player does not want actual increasing difficulty - they want to chase carrots and feel more powerful; and that is what the devs are giving them.

You have a level 1 toon with level 1 gear beating on a level 1 mob.
    You have a level 100 mob - well, the player is basically level 100 with level 100 gear.

They do not realize that nothing has really changed from when they were level 1. Just a meatier mob with a bigger club requiring that they themselves be meatier and have a bigger club.

By contrast, many RPGs use something like this: http://donjon.bin.sh/d20/encounter/

Encounters increase in difficulty - not just simply a case of meatier mobs. More mobs, mobs with special abilities, more intelligent mobs, etc, etc, etc.

MMORPGs are just monster farms that are gear-centric.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

+ Reply to Thread