+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Valor should be the same amount for all PVP gear

Default Valor should be the same amount for all PVP gear

Currently, I've noticed low rank people are getting instagibbed more and more in Warfronts to various overpowered specs.

Now i'm all for low ranks having to take their punches, But I think a better balance solution would simply be make all Ranks of PVP gear have the same amount of valor on them, The only change would be the actual stats of the gear.

This would mean people in Rank 1 Gear would take 40% less damage just the same as Rank 8 Gear, but only the stat difference would be the advantage.

I think something like that would go a long way towards balancing the current setup so rank 1's are just crushed so hardcore.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

OMG SOROVOS DOESN'T WANT TO NERF SOMETHING! HE'S GONE CRAZY!

ps. i agree
    Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    Because it's a lot harder to do damage than it is to heal. You don't have to worry about your targets resisting or dodging or blocking or parrying your efforts. Hell you don't even have to worry about missing. Either you're healing too poor or Trion's short changing you.
    Ixxs-R8 Guardian Cleric-Seastone-<Desolate>

Banned

To an R8, 1000 valor means almost nothing.

Just thought I'd say hi.

Quote Originally Posted by jMerliN View Post

Just thought I'd say hi.
    means more than 200 valor
    Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    Because it's a lot harder to do damage than it is to heal. You don't have to worry about your targets resisting or dodging or blocking or parrying your efforts. Hell you don't even have to worry about missing. Either you're healing too poor or Trion's short changing you.
    Ixxs-R8 Guardian Cleric-Seastone-<Desolate>

I agree with this. The idea should be that damage and healing scale with health, not valor.
    Last edited by GLopez; 08-23-2011 at 07:55 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    Currently, I've noticed low rank people are getting instagibbed more and more in Warfronts to various overpowered specs.

Now i'm all for low ranks having to take their punches, But I think a better balance solution would simply be make all Ranks of PVP gear have the same amount of valor on them, The only change would be the actual stats of the gear.

This would mean people in Rank 1 Gear would take 40% less damage just the same as Rank 8 Gear, but only the stat difference would be the advantage.

I think something like that would go a long way towards balancing the current setup so rank 1's are just crushed so hardcore.
    I agree with this idea.

PVP is supposed to be about skill. ATM its only about gear. Anything sensible to even things out a bit is welcome.

I'm surprised fresh 50s actually still PvP
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Well the whole idea of Valor is you need to separate PVE and PVP gear.

So why is there different levels of Valor?

The people in low rank gear have to deal with higher rank gear with higher stats, Why would Valor be different for them.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Plane Touched

Good luck trying to get Trion to fix PvP. Realistically Rifts is a PvE game that had PvP added to it somewhat later in development. They have 4 warfronts that are virtual copies of the ones in WoW. Come on...

Just throw in the towel and wait for a new MMO that might get PvP right from the start.

This basically suggests the removal of Valor altogether. No point in having the stat if everybody gets the same amount.

Not opposed to the idea, tbh. I thought resilience was idiotic in WoW but at least I only had 3 tiers of gear to deal with. Valor is beyond ridiculous with 8 ranks in the mix.
    Space Core: I'm in Space.
    Wheatley: I know you are, mate! Yep, we're both in space.
    Space Core: SPAAAAACE!

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by jMerliN View Post

Just thought I'd say hi.
    Actually it means a lot.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    Well the whole idea of Valor is you need to separate PVE and PVP gear.

A stat like Valor is one more tool we can use to ensure that, for instance, the ideal PvP rewards do not become the de-facto best PvE Tanking rewards in the game. (Without Valor, significant PvP survivability also becomes PvE survivability…and, conversely, the best PvE DPS loot would become the de-facto best PvP DPS loot). We’d effectively be forcing people to gear up one way just to succeed at the other, since NPCs are balanced much differently than players

http://www.riftwatchers.com/2011/01/...pvp-stat-gear/

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by brutis View Post
    Actually it means a lot.
    Clearly, you do not PvP much.

The OP is correct.

I came to a similar conclusion a little while back, and my basis for it for those unwilling to read that superpost is this:

No PvE player should ever have an advantage against a PvP geared player in PvP.

That means a rank 2 geared player should have the full valor to combat and beat someone in full hammerknell gear, and the most obvious way of achieving that is giving low rank gear the same amount of valor as high rank gear. Is it actually going to happen that way, given the sudden inflation? Maybe not, but this is a good start.

Obviously a rank 6-8 player is going to have a massive advantage over a rank 2, but that rank 2 should have an advantage over anyone in PvE gear as well as having the mitigation to at least attempt to fight higher rank players.

It's not an enviable situation for Trion. PvE gear inflated a lot, so PvP gear had to inflate to ensure that it remains competitive. The other option might be--and I hate to say it because it's not fair to PvE players--artificially nerfing PvE gear in PvP situations.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

yes this seems like another good way to fix pvp, or even if the valor amounts are not the same at least dont have the difference so huge.
    Whether trion does something though is anyones guess, they dont seem to be very clued on at all to pvp.. or even take on suggestions bar the crazed hysteric qq of some posts
    Last edited by j3w3l; 08-23-2011 at 09:06 PM.
    So long rift, may your potential someday be realised

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast