+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: PVP gone down hill

Ascendant

Default PVP gone down hill

PVP is not really fun any more. I have played since Beta and seen some ups and downs, but currently PVP is really bad.

If you have lots of low rank players in your Warfront you get pwned. They get killed in less than 2 GCD's by a whole array of classes so after 10 seconds they are all dead and its like 5v15. Every match is now a spawn camp one way or another. End of last patch most games were competative by comparison.

The system in place to seperate premade and pug is not working at all.

There seems to be tremendous faction imbalances making world pvp unfun on a host of servers.

Trion really needs to do something to address these issues.
    Last edited by solarbear; 08-23-2011 at 03:03 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by solarbear View Post
    PVP is not really fun any more. I have played since Beta and seen some ups and downs, but currently PVP is really bad.

If you have lots of low rank players in your Warfront you get pwned. They get killed in less than 2 GCD's by a whole array of classes so after 10 seconds they are all dead and its like 5v15. Every match is now a spawn camp one way or another. End of last patch most games were competative by comparison.

There seems to be tremendous faction imbalances making world pvp unfun on a host of servers.

Ok look, we all understand what you are saying bro for the majority of your post, which I must say is a new and exciting topic.

The premade vrs pug seperation is working as intended, but there are bugs with it and servers with faction imbalance and insta ques can "sync" q, and drop pops if both teams dont get them. There is no way around this. Deal with it.

GY / corpse camping has been apart of every MMO with a PvP side since release, camping the GY in this game is no different. Did you cry in WoW too when a premade of 2200+ peeps pushed your **** in game after game in BGs/arena...

Im sorry you wanted to be a unique snowflake on the server with 200 people, then cry for about faction sizes. Its going to happen, it happens in every game, and yes, even in WoW.

What Trion really needs to do, is kill all servers, and make it 1 giant world like EvE. You have both factions, and 1 server. Que times would be instant for everybody, mass world pvp, etc..,

Anyhow, back on topic, why dont ya transfer servers if Wpvp is bothering you. You can do this for free every 7 days. Give that a shot..

Lastely, Trion is doing a great job of bringing content and fixes in a timely manner, much better then any MMO released to date. Give them a break eh? There is always that option you could QUIT though... Dont forget that!
    Last edited by Columbian; 08-23-2011 at 03:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Auden View Post
    I think the problem is too many terrible players in Rift that are involved with PVP.

As well as when they die in PVP, all they see on their screen is the warrior.. not the other 5 ranged classes that assisted him.

The gear disparity between a rank 1-4 and a rank 6-8 is massive. Also, people cried and continue to cry about WoW pvp and any other pvp in any game that has ever come out. But 6 months into WoW people weren't wearing tier 3 raid gear and rank 14 gear. Trion has released too many levels of gear too fast.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by ellej View Post
    The gear disparity between a rank 1-4 and a rank 6-8 is massive. Also, people cried and continue to cry about WoW pvp and any other pvp in any game that has ever come out. But 6 months into WoW people weren't wearing tier 3 raid gear and rank 14 gear. Trion has released too many levels of gear too fast.
    Truth, but its a double edged sword and complex on how to handle it... Do you A: Seperate WF brackets to stop the crying, and thus creating que times that are already 10-15m to upwards of 1hour just to stop the crying? How would this even be fair to the "hardcore pvper" his 15bucks is just as green as the newbies. B: Leave it the way it is, tell the new players to suck it up, and thus, they cry more?
    Quote Originally Posted by Auden View Post
    I think the problem is too many terrible players in Rift that are involved with PVP.

As well as when they die in PVP, all they see on their screen is the warrior.. not the other 5 ranged classes that assisted him.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Columbian View Post
    Truth, but its a double edged sword and complex on how to handle it... Do you A: Seperate WF brackets to stop the crying, and thus creating que times that are already (*1)10-15m to upwards of 1hour just to stop the crying? (*2)How would this even be fair to the "hardcore pvper" his 15bucks is just as green as the newbies. B: Leave it the way it is, tell the new players to suck it up, and thus, they cry more?
    *1 Pure conjecture.

*2 I at least like you using quotation marks, otherwise I would have laughed. 1) The grinders ("hardcore pvpers") are much fewer, so they do have less green. 2) You secure an influx of new players, as opposed to now, meaning they'd get more green.

Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ellej View Post
    The gear disparity between a rank 1-4 and a rank 6-8 is massive.
    This plus the nerf to healing hasn't seemed to have helped PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverangel69 View Post
    yep even less healers.
    Orchide (Kelari) | eXile Corp (Rocket Science) | Assassin/Marksman
    Level: 60 (R80) | Server: Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Columbian View Post
    Truth, but its a double edged sword and complex on how to handle it... Do you A: Seperate WF brackets to stop the crying, and thus creating que times that are already 10-15m to upwards of 1hour just to stop the crying? How would this even be fair to the "hardcore pvper" his 15bucks is just as green as the newbies. B: Leave it the way it is, tell the new players to suck it up, and thus, they cry more?
    Or C: you just get rid of the gear from 1-4 give existing P1-4 P5 gear and new 50's start grinding for P5 gear.
    Last edited by overbyte; 08-23-2011 at 04:02 PM.

Ascendant

I would say up to the last patch pvp was fun. Its not fun now. I have R7 gear and its still not fun. I am either with a bunch of high rank players spawn camping the others or with low rank players being spawn camped.

What has happened? How can it be fixed? When a lot of servers have populations 4 or 5 to 1 in favor of one faction or another, how can things be set up so its fun for both sides?

This isn't a whinge. This is just a recognition that things are totally broken at the moment and a plea for some good fixes.

Ascendant

I realise there are some people quite enjoying the state of pvp but the vast number of people are not. The elite 1-5% are ruining things for the bulk of the audience.

Some simple suggestions:

Reduce the max number of players in Whitefall, Codex and BG to 10 (yeah I know BG already is 10) and Scion to 15.

Add a bolster to low Rank players giving them 700+ Valor and more Endurance.

Spread the pvp dailies out all over the map and not in a concentrated area.

Create an algorithm to seperate people queuing in pairs from the same server.

Queue an equal number of the same class on each side... other games do it why not this. If few clerics are queuing, only 1 a side, if lots you might end up with 6... same with all classes.

Quote Originally Posted by solarbear View Post

m loseing intrest in pvp also, trion has made it so easy to rank up and get gear now, everyone that PVE'S is just pvp'ing to get gear because its quicker than raiding lol. not to mention the balance issues bugs and the pvp sytem is messed up

I muddled along through 1.4... it's just become pointless. I do not play to win, I play to have fun. That means winning some and losing some, it's all good as long as it is fun. They are meaningless WFs. They should be fun.

We're not talking about defending your city or destroying somebody else's city in Shadowbane. We're not talking about fighting pirates or null sec wars in EVE. We're not talking about PvP that matters...where you need to play to win. Where there are consequences or the like.

It's casual PvP. It should be fun.

It's not.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    I muddled along through 1.4... it's just become pointless. I do not play to win, I play to have fun. That means winning some and losing some, it's all good as long as it is fun. They are meaningless WFs. They should be fun.

We're not talking about defending your city or destroying somebody else's city in Shadowbane. We're not talking about fighting pirates or null sec wars in EVE. We're not talking about PvP that matters...where you need to play to win. Where there are consequences or the like.

It's casual PvP. It should be fun.

It's not.
    Pretty much this reflects most peoples opinions I've talked with in my Guild and outside it. If I wanted hardcore challenge I'd play starcraft, now THAT's a stressful game! I like a challenge but not one so in favor of one side or the other it's rediculouse. I made it to rank 4 today, and for weeks all WFs I've played have been painful and 'unfun' T2s are fun, even the daily PvP isn't bad if you're with a good group, they can be fun. But WF are broken, hard.
    Can Trion fix these things? Do they even realize the problems/ Or are all their Devs running Rank 8 toons and having to much fun destroying all in their path to care about their players?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverangel69 View Post
    Most of us knew this was going to be a true statement.
    EVERYBODY DIES, BUT NOT EVERYBODY LIVES.

As a p8 mage I confess, that I giggle from time to time when I semi-oneshot low prestige targets (just because those numbers weren't expected in that moment). But I absolutely feel sorry for all those poor fellas.

There is no chance at all. Really none. I eat them up, hell I had a WF where I killed 5 of them at once, like 10 times ^^

And the whole "suck it up, we've done it too" thing isn't exactly true, since no one ever had to face p8 as a freshman. And boy, you don't want that.

Of course gaining prestige is easier now and you won't be a free-kill for all that long, but no one can argue, that this is not exactly a fun and inviting experience.

Though, even if you call me crazy now, I'm going to start all over again with a different toon, once the last cosmetic changes to my gear are made ;)

I'm sure I'll have a lot of fun.

NOT ^^
    Last edited by Elerina; 08-23-2011 at 06:57 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast