+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: PvP Gear: More time to attain than PvE, so why the complaining?

Quote Originally Posted by Odnoc View Post
    Perhaps if you weren't spending all your time pvping...

Oddly, I put at least 2 hours a day, at least 14 a week into pvp, and I am not even R6.
    What am I doing wrong?
    And I am pretty sure if I put those hours into HK for four weeks I would have at least one drop.

Telaran

Perhaps if you weren't spending all your time pvping...

Oddly, I put at least 2 hours a day, at least 14 a week into pvp, and I am not even R6.
    What am I doing wrong?
    I doubt that you can get any piece from HK with 56 hours into raiding as a fresh lvl 50 player, so you dont count the amount of time grinding T1s T2s and T3s as pve time ?

Raiders are a relatively small % of the playerbase. High end HK raiders even smaller. PvPers are much more plentiful, even having several of their own servers. As a business, which section would you keep happy if it came to it?

Self-importance doesn't actually make you important.

Um, now your just trying to save face/trolling.

There was best pve gear in the game before HK, and yes I have seen people/alts brought in to get drops...

Now, when have you seen anyone get gear in pvp in just minutes of sitting on the sideline/minimal effort

Also, are you trying to say that it can't be done?
    When have I seen anyone get the best pvp gear in the game in a far shorter time than the developers intended...hmmm...well...not to put to fine a point on it...but...pvp rifting ring a bell?
    Last edited by Landru; 08-24-2011 at 03:52 AM.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

Default PvP gear is easy to get

Quote Originally Posted by Fatalflaw View Post
    Neither way is "easy"
    Wrong. The PvP way is easy. You can get r8 + full set by chain entering wfs, don't need to win anything. Before people come and say "omg wtf it'll take years if you only lose nobody does that!!" : that's no longer true. You can get r6 to r8 in a few weeks max even if you lose all warfronts, by just chain queueing whitefall escalation in the weekends.

For PvE you need coordination and to go through the whole learning curve of each boss. For PvP you just need to chain enter, and if you actually win, it goes even faster.

Rift Disciple

Atm you get 60 Mark IF you can join every raid a week!
    Then you have to wait for next week.
    The gear is: 50+50+80+80+100+100=460.
    480/60 = 7.67 WEEKS!
    Tell me you can't get rank 8 in 7 and a half week..
    (not counting the new guild perk)

Rift Disciple

And I am pretty sure if I put those hours into HK for four weeks I would have at least one drop.
    2-3 loot per boss.
    20 ppl in your raid. Your guild can only killl 1 boss. Cause the gear leap for tier 1 to tier 2 is quite big.
    Most of your guild don't even have full tier 1.
    gl hf

Quote Originally Posted by Fatalflaw View Post
    False.

LFD is T2 and slow T3 plaques on demand. PvP uses the same system and no, there's no "solo" play either.

LFD group sucks? You get slower loot and progression.
    Warfront group sucks? You get half the progression.

Same exact system.

Only the absolute best gear in the game requires raiding and its above any pvp gear.
    So either you're trolling now or incredibly stupid.

A LFG = 1 tank, 1 heal, 1 support, 2 dd
    A WF = ANYTHING

Warfronts have _NEVER_ taken longer to pop than a LFG because there is no criteria on what role you are playing.

Also, the payoff in PvP is garaunteed...
    Last edited by mo0trix; 08-24-2011 at 05:13 AM.

Plane Walker

Not even close to accurate but thanks for posting

The pvp person will be fully geared into r8 well before the PvE player, in fact I will be rank 8 before even getting a piece of HK gear. So in essence I will have the Rank 8 pvp weapon before I get a weapon off merd or matron

Why do you think r8 people are wearing pvp gear on raids lol youre lost bro sorry

Stating that in a couple weeks a pve player will have a weapon is a joke. In a couple weeks maybe 2 or 3 out of 10 or 11 will have a weapon

PvP favor can be gained infinitely anytime of day, regardless of whether you win or lose or afk

You lose in PvE you get nothing

I'm guessing you dont raid because learning curve and sheer size of HK requires alot of time

And that whole line of competent group is total crap. Take the number of guilds that kill 5 or 6 (hell 4)bosses in there a week
    And ofc you have RNG. You could go in there and see all caster stuff. Merd drops a weapon sure and he's easy sure but 4 kills one weapon. Matron has a weapon 3 kills no weapon

Honestly cannot see how you even came to post this as it is absolutely and totally wrong
    It is an absolutely indefensable position and completely shortsighted
    Last edited by Barsh; 08-24-2011 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by solarbear View Post
    Unless you have got some super awesome farm group going or find some bug, it will take you 600 or more hours just to get to R8.

Enough plaques drop off each boss, with only a couple of drops, I could have a full set of HK in far less time.
    This a mistake players often make when comparing gear acquisition methods. They look at the rate of acquisition and confuse that with the difficulty to acquire.

If somebody spends 600 hours losing in Warfronts they will still eventually get their gear. If somebody spends 600 hours wiping in raids and instances they will get nothing.

I can't argue with you about the timing since I'm not a high ranked PvPer and I don't raid HK yet either so I have absolutely no idea how long it takes to achieve the best gear in the game. What I do know, is that time only represents dedication to your cause, it does not represent difficulty of the achievement.

If somebody is R8 good for them, they've probably put a lot of time into getting that rank regardless of whether they were winners or losers they would have spent time doing it. The problem is time is literally the only thing they have spent doing it and there is no way to know whether a R8 was losing all their way to the bank or winning everything on the way other than the time it took them to get there.

If somebody has best-in-slot raiding gear, of course in 20 man raids it's possible they sucked and were boosted by friends but in most cases it's fairly unlikely and regardless of how they got there it means they have actually 'won' or beaten PvE to get there. They would have also had to schedule their life around the game in certain ways to meet raid times and likely spent a lot of time wiping for nothing along the way (wiping in PvP still gives rewards just at a slower acquisition rate).

For PvP to be as hard to acquire gear as in PvE you would need to make it that if you lost in PvP you got nothing and only the winner walked away with any kind of rewards. The fact is that in Rift (and WoW and similar games) you get rewarded in PvP based on participation with the only difference being the rate of acquisition, in PvE you get rewarded based upon success.
    Last edited by RangerRob; 08-24-2011 at 05:39 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Madcroc View Post
    480/60 = 7.67 WEEKS!
    You're talking about normal marks, not the HK ones. That's not compareable to r7-8 because it's not even the same tier of gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Madcroc View Post
    480/60 = 7.67 WEEKS!
    Actually its 30 a week. 10 bosses drop greater marks, 3 marks each IF anyone was killing them all (which noone worldwide is doing yet, and keep in mind many guilds can currently only kill 2 or 3 of those so far at best. In fact the last I checked there were less than 10 guilds worldwide that have even taken out 5 or more).

Also you forgot there are 3 items for 50 marks (boots, gloves and belt) not just 2, so add those to your calculation

joi
    Plane Walker

People are rank 8 in less than a week after the patch hit. With raid lock outs, crummy RNG, and fierce competition: good luck getting a weapon in a very very very long time in a raid. You need 20 people to consitantly show up, proper raid balance, tons of coordination, everyone on their A game, etc etc.

To get rank 8, all you gotta do is exploit PvP rifts lol? Oh once they fix that big deal, pug to r8 and or go easy mode with pre-mades and steam roll to cap in a few weeks....

Regardless you can keep your PvP, hate it in this game. So w/e.

Will simply hobble along with my gear that took 3 months to aquire, raiding often 4-5 days a week that is inferior to PvP stuff.
    Last edited by joi; 08-24-2011 at 06:40 AM.

Rift Disciple

Lets see here....was in HK last night with my guildies who are all full T3 geared...and top 5 DPS was......the 5 people who were in R8 gear..

joi
    Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by PapaHodge View Post
    Lets see here....was in HK last night with my guildies who are all full T3 geared...and top 5 DPS was......the 5 people who were in R8 gear..
    This this this this! Makes sense...oh wait...it doesn't.
    Last edited by joi; 08-24-2011 at 06:45 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast