+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 204
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: PvP Gear: More time to attain than PvE, so why the complaining?

  1. #151
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    11

    Default

    I have won Deepstrike Mines almost Daily now for a month and a half, why cant I go to the Deepstrike Mines Quatermaster and buy the stuff i want from the freking dungeoun for my time investment?

  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,684

    Default

    If R8 is easier and faster, and BETTER then raid gear, then what is the problem? If you are a raider, stop your QQ'ing and go do some PvP stuff, get geared up faster then kill HK boss faster.... Problem solved.. This is about as silly as whining that billy bob took the shortcut on a country road.. IF you feel that is the better route, then take it YOURSELF .. geeesh

  3. #153
    Plane Touched Temko Firewing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    291

    Default

    i'll end this argument with a simple fact:

    we have half our guildies going Warfronts to get R8 gear, becouse it's BETTER, easier and faster to get then the gear from Raids (we raid 9 hours a week + random GP/DH runs).

    we have several in R7-8 gear (ours was actually server/ EU first R8) and his gear is so far above even our full T3 geared other members.

    and how long did it take him? 200 hours in pvp. he did in <4 weeks.

    how long did it take us to get even our first Full T3 geared PvE'rs (and msot arn't fully T3 yet).... 3 months and counting.

    also: he did it solo, without lockouts.

    "We are the Red Order within the immortal Chaos. We are Shadowblade."

  4. #154
    Rift Master KaiHeilos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rydeson View Post
    If R8 is easier and faster, and BETTER then raid gear, then what is the problem?
    If people don't enjoy PvP they still have to do it for their top gear.
    If people don't enjoy PvE they can ignore it.

  5. #155
    Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KaiHeilos View Post
    If people don't enjoy PvP they still have to do it for their top gear.
    If people don't enjoy PvE they can ignore it.
    No they don't...

  6. #156
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Temko Firewing View Post
    i'll end this argument with a simple fact:

    we have half our guildies going Warfronts to get R8 gear, becouse it's BETTER, easier and faster to get then the gear from Raids (we raid 9 hours a week + random GP/DH runs).

    we have several in R7-8 gear (ours was actually server/ EU first R8) and his gear is so far above even our full T3 geared other members.

    and how long did it take him? 200 hours in pvp. he did in <4 weeks.

    how long did it take us to get even our first Full T3 geared PvE'rs (and msot arn't fully T3 yet).... 3 months and counting.

    also: he did it solo, without lockouts.
    +/- 200 hours? How much is dedicated to a raid? You say 9 hours in a week?

    There's lockouts yes, but if there wasn't you could farm bosses till everyone was geared in <1 week. The only difference in PVP isnt the time, its that you can solo it (though its slow through the ranks). True PvP players dont usually solo. Its all about how and what you invest your time in.
    PvP and Warfront Forum Anthem
    PvP whining never ends...
    It just goes on and on my friends...
    "Something killed me in a warfront and I don't know what it was...
    So I'll start a thread and rage and cry forever just because..."

  7. #157
    Rift Master KaiHeilos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravingbeotch View Post
    +/- 200 hours? How much is dedicated to a raid? You say 9 hours in a week?

    There's lockouts yes, but if there wasn't you could farm bosses till everyone was geared in <1 week. The only difference in PVP isnt the time, its that you can solo it (though its slow through the ranks). True PvP players dont usually solo. Its all about how and what you invest your time in.
    Go back and read the thread. It takes less time to get your PvP gear. There's also the difference of PvE gear being useless in PvP.

  8. #158
    Rift Chaser Quasari Nova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KaiHeilos View Post
    Go back and read the thread. It takes less time to get your PvP gear. There's also the difference of PvE gear being useless in PvP.
    The thread states it can take less time to get PvP gear. It also states it can take less time to get the PvE gear. If ranks are added with each raid, one can get the max rank before raid gear if one wants. However as time passes, the time needed to PvP to catch up and PvE to catch up is lopsided in favor for PvE.

    Every raiding guild I've been in, after stuff been on farm, started gearing up alts and new people and thats far less effort than grinding PvP ranks. Start of raid/rank = pvp is easier. End of raid/rank = PvE is easier.

  9. #159
    Rift Master KaiHeilos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quasari Nova View Post
    Every raiding guild I've been in, after stuff been on farm, started gearing up alts and new people and thats far less effort than grinding PvP ranks. Start of raid/rank = pvp is easier. End of raid/rank = PvE is easier.
    Except now we have escalation weekends and PvP dailies that can be done between queues. And most of the numbers used for PvE gear was using the assumption of a best case scenario with the RNG, real life doesn't work out to the best case scenario.

    There's also the underlying issue of PvE gear being useless in PvP but PvP gear being some of the best in PvE.


    How many people do you think will be rank 8 by the end of the birthday bonus?
    Last edited by KaiHeilos; 08-25-2011 at 01:55 AM.

  10. #160
    Plane Walker FinalplayerRyu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoss616 View Post
    It is much easier to get R8 gear.
    ^this

    Raidgear has the limitation of getting only once a week into a instance AND that its harder to obtain, because very few people actually belong to a guild that can do HK and even those few having not seen many kills aka only a few pieces of gear seperated over a raid.

    While getting to rank 8 you can make your own timetable, playing a week or two mostly pvp you get pretty fast to rank 8.


  11. #161
    Rift Chaser Quasari Nova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KaiHeilos View Post
    Except now we have escalation weekends and PvP dailies that can be done between queues. And most of the numbers used for PvE gear was using the assumption of a best case scenario with the RNG, real life doesn't work out to the best case scenario.

    There's also the underlying issue of PvE gear being useless in PvP but PvP gear being some of the best in PvE.


    How many people do you think will be rank 8 by the end of the birthday bonus?
    Really, the only thing that needs to be changed on the PvP gear is the synergy crystals. They are lazy and lack imagination. Without em, the pieces wouldnt be considered BiS for a number of people as well>.<

    I honestly think the prestige buffs are to get more people R5+ so they can split the warfronts by prestige. If they can get the upper ranks filled they may make the newer 50s happy and they'll probably lessen the prestige benefits then.

  12. #162
    Plane Touched Healz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reiz View Post
    No they don't...
    Yes they do.
    Nerds In Denial
    GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4 HK 11/11 PVP 8/8 ID 3/8

  13. #163
    Plane Touched Healz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Ill Elaborate! The synergy crystal is indeed the biggest problem especially being a warrior, with riftblade being one of the top if not the top pve dps spec atm which scales great with AP (For once) i have no choice but to go for the r8 gear for HK as its my optimal gear atm and alot EASYIER to obtain than the HK set gear.
    Nerds In Denial
    GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4 HK 11/11 PVP 8/8 ID 3/8

  14. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,684

    Default

    Sounds to me the REAL problem is that Raiders no longer have the monopoly on the biggest EPEEN gear.. bahahahahaha Who cares what your neighbors have? This is sad and the exact reason whey I post against this crazy end game format.. I'ts nothing more then a drama infested "keep up with the Jones's" attitude and everyone worrying what everyone has or doing... If Billy Bob wants to PvP for rank 8, then let him.. it is of NO concern to you PERIOD.. If you are a raider, then raid away.. NO ONE is keeping you from doing so.. I'm actually happy to see Trion toss PvP players a bone here that actually means something.. WTG PvPer's.. Keep up the work..
    Last edited by Rydeson; 08-25-2011 at 02:42 AM.

  15. #165
    Plane Touched Healz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rydeson View Post
    Sounds to me the REAL problem is that Raiders no longer have the monopoly on the biggest EPEEN gear.. bahahahahaha Who cares what your neighbors have? This is sad and the exact reason whey I post against this crazy end game format.. I'ts nothing more then a drama infested "keep up with the Jones's" attitude and everyone worrying what everyone has or doing... If Billy Bob wants to PvP for rank 8, then let him.. it is of NO concern to you PERIOD.. If you are a raider, then raid away.. NO ONE is keeping you from doing so.. I'm actually happy to see Trion toss PvP players a bone here that actually means something.. WTG PvPer's.. Keep up the work..
    Rank 8 Gear isnt "E-Peen" Gear its simply i have more time than you to run around in warfronts than you gear. E-Peen gear is what you get from killing big ugly monsters that require team work, skill, ability, adaptability, reactions and alot more to gain. Im not saying pvpers dont have these skills im just saying gainin the ranks dont require them.
    Nerds In Denial
    GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4 HK 11/11 PVP 8/8 ID 3/8

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts