+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 204
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: PvP Gear: More time to attain than PvE, so why the complaining?

  1. #136
    Rift Master KaiHeilos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reiz View Post
    Do you guys realize that pvp r8 gear, specifically the weapons are completely useless for raiding?
    Of course, you're right. You boots, pants, belt and chest piece along with the 200 SP from the synergy crystal (Which is unobtainable via PvE) disable themselves if you enter a raid instance... oh wait, they don't.

  2. #137
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mongus View Post
    When you can solo queue into HK and get rewards even if you lose then I'll buy that PVP is harder.
    its not an argument of which is harder. The op is saying that starting at an equal max gear toon, with a competent group of people, obtaining the PvP and PvE gear slots is about the same invested time played. or that is what im getting when i read the OP.
    PvP and Warfront Forum Anthem
    PvP whining never ends...
    It just goes on and on my friends...
    "Something killed me in a warfront and I don't know what it was...
    So I'll start a thread and rage and cry forever just because..."

  3. #138
    Champion Cinerus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    508

    Default

    It's funny to see how much this hurts the PVE e-peens. What do you care, honestly, if somebody gets their gear from PVP and use it in PVE. It doesn't affect your character AT ALL. The only thing it affects is the player's performance in a POSITIVE way. Does it make you jealous if somebody has better gear than you? I bet it's the same people complaining here as the people who rage after losing a roll during raids, instead of congratulating the winner on a new item.

    Note that I'm a dedicated Raider AND PVPer. You can call me biased for being R8, but I'm quite happy with my R8 gear and so is the rest of my guild since it improves my performance in raids.

  4. #139
    Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Because they added the alternative Warfront weekends. Queue for that over and over and it's double all rewards. Next week it will be even more nuts double all PvP rewards for ALL PvP.
    You get double plaque rewards too so your point is kinda moot, there.

    Quote Originally Posted by KaiHeilos View Post
    Of course, you're right. You boots, pants, belt and chest piece along with the 200 SP from the synergy crystal (Which is unobtainable via PvE) disable themselves if you enter a raid instance... oh wait, they don't.
    So then that person doesn't need gear as much as someone else? What's the big deal? He performs better because of it, and others get to reap the rewards just as much as the person in the pvp gear. Again, I'm not seeing what the big deal here is. Every one benefits from some random joe schome having r8 pvp gear in a raid, not just the person in the pvp gear.
    Last edited by Reiz; 08-24-2011 at 11:47 PM.

  5. #140
    Rift Master KaiHeilos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reiz View Post
    You get double plaque rewards too so your point is kinda moot, there.
    For one week only, not every single weekend.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reiz View Post
    So then that person doesn't need gear as much as someone else? What's the big deal? He performs better because of it, and others get to reap the rewards just as much as the person in the pvp gear. Again, I'm not seeing what the big deal here is. Every one benefits from some random joe schome having r8 pvp gear in a raid, not just the person in the pvp gear.
    Because PvP gear is a boring solo grind for someone who doesn't enjoy PvP.
    Because we can't wear PvE gear in PvP so don't see why people can wear PvP gear in PvE.
    Because PvP gear is better than PvE gear in PvE.
    Last edited by KaiHeilos; 08-24-2011 at 11:51 PM.

  6. #141
    Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KaiHeilos View Post
    For one week only, not every single weekend.


    Because PvP gear is a boring solo grind for someone who doesn't enjoy PvP.
    Because we can't wear PvE gear in PvP so don't see why people can wear PvP gear in PvE.
    Because PvP gear is better than PvE gear in PvE.
    They don't?

    Groups

    Plaques of Achievement: It's time for that new dungeon gear set!

    Marks of Ascension: Pick up some new raid loot!
    Unless that means something else...? Your quote was referencing the double stuff for this weekend though. And that's what I was referring to.

    Anyways, someone who wants to have the best pvp gear and do high end raids like HK will have to sink more time into the game than someone who only does one or the other so your point is moot.
    Last edited by Reiz; 08-24-2011 at 11:57 PM.

  7. #142
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinerus View Post
    It's funny to see how much this hurts the PVE e-peens. What do you care, honestly, if somebody gets their gear from PVP and use it in PVE. It doesn't affect your character AT ALL. The only thing it affects is the player's performance in a POSITIVE way. Does it make you jealous if somebody has better gear than you? I bet it's the same people complaining here as the people who rage after losing a roll during raids, instead of congratulating the winner on a new item.

    Note that I'm a dedicated Raider AND PVPer. You can call me biased for being R8, but I'm quite happy with my R8 gear and so is the rest of my guild since it improves my performance in raids.
    I do both as well. I see myself as an average player. Im in an average casual guild that does 10 mans and 20 mans. Ive been lvl cap since March. As of right now, Im have full T2 with a few T3 pieces for both my warrior tank and dps sets. For PvP I usually que solo. I just hit R6 after 1.4 hit. I play about 4-6 hours 4-5 days a week, give or take. So about average.

    From what Ive seen, the people in full r8, that got that **** first, are the guilds that run decently organized premades that eat up PuGs, they run good compositions and use strategy...for the most part. I generally PuG probably 90% of the time I WF, and let me tell you its a SLOW climb through them ranks. When we raid its 3-4 times a week for a few hours. Ive invested much much more time in WFs then instanced content, and i geared out PvE side faster. I was raid ready not to long after hitting 50, took till 1.4 to get R6.

    I cant complain about the game, Ive gotten everything I have put time into that I can reasonably expect. The OP seemed to say that the gear is out there for you to get, its on you to invest the time to get it. An MMO is a time sink. If you're not getting gear, its not on the devs to get it for you. Its on you, your chosen guild/group you play with (this is an MMO after all). If you are stuck on the same raid bosses, check yourself or the group you're running with. This is why I prefer PvP over PvE personally, its kind of boring to run around the same boss fight over and over again to me. But I dont expect to have the best gear out there either.

    Just like I dont expect to have the best of PvP gear handed to me. If I get my *** beat by a R8, guess what, no ****! That means I need to get on that lvl. Before the "skill> gear" argument starts, what gets you gear? Yes you can grind PvP all day everyday, but the guy is R8 before me because I dont have a skilled group to run with, so I pug. And if I'm in a WF and I get my *** beat by a Relic, I go "damn I need to raid to get some **** like that!". People need to stop crying about what the other guy has and go get it themselves. You dont have something as nice as so-and-so, so you come on the forums and cry foul?! The game devs make their game to fit what the average player is expected to do with certain content. But, they do have higher endgame content/gear for the try hards, so try harder I guess.

    TL;DR Stop crying FFS!
    PvP and Warfront Forum Anthem
    PvP whining never ends...
    It just goes on and on my friends...
    "Something killed me in a warfront and I don't know what it was...
    So I'll start a thread and rage and cry forever just because..."

  8. #143
    Rift Master KaiHeilos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reiz View Post
    Unless that means something else...?
    You made in incomplete quote without any source link. Doesn't help your argument at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reiz View Post
    Anyways, someone who wants to have the best pvp gear and do high end raids like HK will have to sink more time into the game than someone who only does one or the other so your point is moot.
    Getting your PvP set gives you 15 items that can be used in PvP, at least 6 of which can be used in raiding, possibly more depending on your hit/focus and all of it is usable in normal PvE.
    Getting your PvE set gives you 15 items that can be used in PvE, only 2 of which can be used in PvP and takes more hours invested over a much longer period.

    Explain how that makes sense?
    Last edited by KaiHeilos; 08-25-2011 at 12:02 AM.

  9. #144
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    11

    Default

    This thread really reminds me of Eve-online.

    In eve-online you had your pvp setups and your ratting setups. Typically you can't tank rats to make isk yu need and use the same pvp setup because with ratting/pve your useing one specific damage type tank. While in pvp you can go full throttle DPS/ damage or you can do both or straight tank it up.

    But you can not use one style for both pvp and PVE.



    Hence specific types of gear are made for specific types of fighting in rift. there for you need to use pvp gear to pvp. And PVE gear to fight regular monsters.


    Hence the end of all the confusion. Or start a petition and ee of the game developers will allow one set hat can do both. In reality you only can use what you can get and you can't wear what you want because you like it. Or the weapons you want to use. Sertain weapons are made for specific situations or depending on how you want to manipulate a real sitation.

    Hence the same thing with the different types of weapons and armor sets in rift.


    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS HAVE WHAT YOU WANT. GET USED TO IT

  10. #145
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Most of us don't have an issue with that. The issue arises when one type of gear is arguably eassier to get AND better for the opposite play style. I could give 2 diddly darns if rank 6 through 8 made you unkillable in PvP. Where I have the issue is when rank 6, the PvP equivilent of t1 raid is actuall now better to have in 4 armor slots than the PvE gear in a PvE raid. I want everyone to have fun in their choice of play, I just think it silly that someone who does PvE part time can actually be better in PvE gear wise than the full time PvEer. I know DAMN well if suddenly PvE became that much better in PvP the PvPer would have a damn stroke.
    What I dont understand with that "issue" of one type being easier to get, is how is it an issue at all?! Not putting you on blast, just saying I dont get what the fuss is about. "They did nothing to get it, its not fair"....so why dont you have it? "Well its long and boring and I dont want to do it.." so there is the contradiction. Youre mad they put the time into something you dont want to. Oh well.

    (again, not meaning Galibier when I say 'you', just mean all these cry babies)

    And to add, then the PvPers should go out and get the gear they want from the same place the PvErs would if they rocked WFs with it, the content is not exclusive. its not the devs fault people limit their play styles. I think its cool that you can gear up in varied ways.
    Last edited by Ravingbeotch; 08-25-2011 at 12:07 AM.
    PvP and Warfront Forum Anthem
    PvP whining never ends...
    It just goes on and on my friends...
    "Something killed me in a warfront and I don't know what it was...
    So I'll start a thread and rage and cry forever just because..."

  11. #146
    Rift Master KaiHeilos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lamalla View Post
    Hence specific types of gear are made for specific types of fighting in rift. there for you need to use pvp gear to pvp. And PVE gear to fight regular monsters.
    Wrong. That's the issue

  12. #147
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KaiHeilos View Post
    Wrong. That's the issue
    Whats the issue exactly?
    PvP and Warfront Forum Anthem
    PvP whining never ends...
    It just goes on and on my friends...
    "Something killed me in a warfront and I don't know what it was...
    So I'll start a thread and rage and cry forever just because..."

  13. #148
    Rift Master KaiHeilos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravingbeotch View Post
    Whats the issue exactly?
    PvP gear is BiS PvE.
    PvE gear is useless in PvP.

  14. #149
    Ascendant titansgrip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,002

    Default

    It tends to bother me quite a bit when people make attempts to force players into only pvp or pve. How do they attempt to "force" this? By complaining about pvp gear.
    Interesting.

    Because it irks me that as a PVE player who full geared in the best PVE gear pre-HK after months of PVE content running that a PVP player is better equipped than I for Hammerknell in less than a month of play.

    PVP gear equity in any regard has no place in a strictly PVE environment.
    Last edited by titansgrip; 08-25-2011 at 12:25 AM.

  15. #150
    Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravingbeotch View Post
    What I dont understand with that "issue" of one type being easier to get, is how is it an issue at all?! Not putting you on blast, just saying I dont get what the fuss is about. "They did nothing to get it, its not fair"....so why dont you have it? "Well its long and boring and I dont want to do it.." so there is the contradiction. Youre mad they put the time into something you dont want to. Oh well.

    (again, not meaning Galibier when I say 'you', just mean all these cry babies)

    And to add, then the PvPers should go out and get the gear they want from the same place the PvErs would if they rocked WFs with it, the content is not exclusive. its not the devs fault people limit their play styles. I think its cool that you can gear up in varied ways.
    Exactly this. I mostly pvp, but I enjoy a dungeon or two with my guildies every once in a while. The added bonus is that I mostly likely won't need any gear from most dungeons and it can be given to a guildy who will need it. We all win and go home happy and in end we gear up faster so we can move onto harder stuff more quickly and so on.

    I'm sorry that people feel they should be able to PvE and compete in high end pvp but that's just not how it works. If I mainly pvp I still have to put in the hours in dungeons and raids to get into the high end raids, you should have to put into the hours to get into the high end pvp if that's what you want to do.

    If you want to consider warfronts high end pvp, lol....

    It's not like I can just pvp grind my way to r8 and decide I'll pug HK tonight, it doesn't change anything and one play style doesn't invalidate the other. And if you want to raid and get high end pvp you'll have to invest more time than someone who just does one or the other, as well.
    Last edited by Reiz; 08-25-2011 at 12:41 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts