+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Another Warrior OP Thread

Ascendant

Default Another Warrior OP Thread

I'm a R8 rogue with 1026 valor (41% dmg reduc). I came across a R8 warrior in the open-world. I was playing 51 sin. I have no idea what his build was but he was using a two-handed sword. I snuck up and opened with jagged strike then punture, impale. He turns around and hit me 3 times in about 2 seconds and I was dead. I am not exaggerating, it was 3 shots. And people say warriors are not OP'ed? Come on.

Before people say L2P or "bad" I doubt there's a R8 rogue in this game that could take him down, at least with 51 sin. Actually as weak as us rogues are damage wise, there's no build that can take an R8 warrior down unless you're just lucky, have a healer, or the warrior is exceptionally bad (kinda hard to be bad with a one button macro).

And there's other R7+ warriors I can defeat (sometimes), so I am not that "bad". I actually have an easier time with the current FoTM build (dagger and shield warriors with 8K+ HP). It's just this guy's build is so OP'ed, it's ridiculous. No class should be able to 3-shot any other class when both players have 1000+ valor. Period. End of story.

No, I am not saying warriors need to be nerfed into oblivion, but something isn't right when they can 3-shot another R8 player. Can we all agree on that? I have NEVER 3-shotted any R6+ player as a rogue, so why should warriors be able to?

Plane Touched

SS or it didnt happen brosive.

I hear the Fotm sin is bad, and I cant forget to add this. L2P.

Why didnt you blow any CD's or drink a pot, or run away, or just leave that Warrior alone. I highly doubt he was hit capped and still 3shot you in full R8.

Side note: You know Valor soft caps @ 40% right... Forgot, your pro.
    Last edited by Columbian; 08-23-2011 at 02:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Auden View Post
    I think the problem is too many terrible players in Rift that are involved with PVP.

As well as when they die in PVP, all they see on their screen is the warrior.. not the other 5 ranged classes that assisted him.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Columbian View Post
    sauce?

/100000000000000000char
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Ascendant

SS or it didnt happen brosive.

I hear the Fotm sin is bad, and I cant forget to add this. L2P.
    Yes, Sin is way underpowered, but that's another thread for another time.

Why didnt you blow any CD's
    LOL, what CD's? It wouldn't have mattered anyway, I was dead before I could even press the next button.

or drink a pot,
    A pot woulda made it a lot more difficult for him, then he would just 4-shot me. Yeah, real difficult for him.

or run away, or just leave that Warrior alone.
    That's actually good advice.

I highly doubt he was hit capped and still 3shot you in full R8.
    You'd be wrong. He 3-shot me in full R7 (with one R8 piece, don't have the full set yet, but I still had 1026 valor).

Who cares?

Plane Touched

Lets sum this up OP. You are crying because you were "3shot" by a Warrior with the best PvP gear in the game, while you are sporting r6/r7. You used spec'd for no defensive CD's, you carry no pots, you dont use the WF Shielding trinket while attempting to solo "gank" "baddies", you dont have the proper spec to even begin to think about droping him and you got your **** pushed in by a Warrior with a clue.

Working as intended.

Bads will always be bad. Please quit RIFT in a nerd rage now OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Auden View Post
    I think the problem is too many terrible players in Rift that are involved with PVP.

As well as when they die in PVP, all they see on their screen is the warrior.. not the other 5 ranged classes that assisted him.

as a champpara using my 2h.. i remember back in the 40s i would always que with this.. hell only know what warrior. He called himself "datwarrior" so i think he knew what warriors were made of or w/e

Anyway.. no one could beat this guy, people could barely touch him, even me being a warrior myself with my own 2h with my 25 valor specing into champ, para, vind could barely touch him.
    Point i am making here is that maybe this guy just had really good gear? because i am a warrior, and in the 40s when it seemed soooo much more balanced than the 50s.. i could die as much as i lost.
    Many people seemed to be happy with the balance from 10-49 and i NEVER saw anyone complain about any class being OP (except for my team complaining about "datwarrior")

Another thing is that in 49 i was doing a dungeon with a guild friend who was a rogue and was aiming for PVE rather than PVP. We had a duel (with my 25 or something valor).. She beat me and at the stage of my death, she was down to 10%

As i have seen threads about the prestige being annoying for a lot of people.. maybe this guy just had really good gear.. or maybe his name was "datwarrior"

Ascendant

Lets sum this up OP. You are crying because you were "3shot" by a Warrior with the best PvP gear in the game, while you are sporting r6/r7.
    I guess you can't read. I had no R6 gear. It was all R7 with a couple R8 pieces. 1026 valor.

You used spec'd for no defensive CD's,
    Slip away wouldn't have mattered. At best it would just allow me to run away. I don't care much for running away in a 1v1 situation.

you carry no pots,
    A pot might have bought me 2 seconds.

you dont use the WF Shielding trinket while attempting to solo "gank" "baddies",
    Never said the guy was a baddie. I knew he wasn't when I attacked. I was doing PvP dailies during this.

you dont have the proper spec to even begin to think about droping him
    I've already said 51 sin is way underpowered, so what you say here is accurate. As I said above, rogues in general are way underpowered considering how squishy we are.

and you got your **** pushed in by a Warrior with a clue.
    You make it sound as if playing an OP'ed R8 warrior takes skill. LOLget tha fizuck out man. Warriors press one button and pwn.

Bads will always be bad. Please quit RIFT in a nerd rage now OP.
    I'm bad because the rogue is the most underpowered class in the game? Yeah, OK, chief.

Rift Disciple

My experiance with a Warrior in BG about half way thorugh....

Jump down, Warrior warps into me...damage goes like this

Sec 1

1089 Rift Strike
    220 Elemental Touch
    31 Amplified Soulstone
    243 Fiery Burst
    170 Elemental Touch

Sec 2

243 Fiery Burst
    892 Frost Strike
    220 Elemental Touch
    31 Amplified Soulstone

Sec 3

243 Fiery Burst
    763 Earth Burst
    220 Elemental Touch
    1131 Storm Burst
    170 elemental Touch
    224 Auto Attack

He was immune to cc at that point, I tried a fear.

Please tell me how I can 'l2p' ?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sanaes View Post

for one, walk down, not jump. jump will lead to fall damage (not a warrior issue)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    I'm a R8 rogue with 1026 valor (41% dmg reduc). I came across a R8 warrior in the open-world. I was playing 51 sin. I have no idea what his build was but he was using a two-handed sword. I snuck up and opened with jagged strike then punture, impale. He turns around and hit me 3 times in about 2 seconds and I was dead. I am not exaggerating, it was 3 shots. And people say warriors are not OP'ed? Come on.

Before people say L2P or "bad" I doubt there's a R8 rogue in this game that could take him down, at least with 51 sin. Actually as weak as us rogues are damage wise, there's no build that can take an R8 warrior down unless you're just lucky, have a healer, or the warrior is exceptionally bad (kinda hard to be bad with a one button macro).

And there's other R7+ warriors I can defeat (sometimes), so I am not that "bad". I actually have an easier time with the current FoTM build (dagger and shield warriors with 8K+ HP). It's just this guy's build is so OP'ed, it's ridiculous. No class should be able to 3-shot any other class when both players have 1000+ valor. Period. End of story.

No, I am not saying warriors need to be nerfed into oblivion, but something isn't right when they can 3-shot another R8 player. Can we all agree on that? I have NEVER 3-shotted any R6+ player as a rogue, so why should warriors be able to?
    I am fine with healers having a lot of survivability but the issue is they CAN kill you in 1v1 open-world situations. I usually play 51 sin in the open-world, and the players I always avoid are the R6+ wardens (yes some Clerics do run around solo in the open-world with their full Warden spec for some reason). No point in even trying. I would rather face an R8 warrior.

What usually happens with us sins, is we open with jagged--puncure --impale, which puts the cleric at 80ish% health. He turns around and insta-heals, then water-jets you. Then he just keeps u kited the whole time with water-jet while he throws his other weak attacks on you. Sure the attacks he throws aren't that strong, but he just keeps water-jetting and healing himself until you're dead. It takes a while for him to kill you, but no matter what attack you throw on him, he just insta-heals through it. Even when you throw anathema on him, it doesn't much matter. He just rofls through it and keeps healing (anathema is a joke, it's a waste of Infiltrator space).

So, yes, Cleric SELF-healing is OP'ed. Either give them no offensive abilities or nerf the heals.
    ^

Thats from the cleric qq thread.... seriously its posts like this that make trion pass out the rediculous nerfs. Nerfing is not the solution, not being bad is.

So you have no idea what build he was, just that it was 3 shots and you didnt bother to screen it or take note of what abilities he used, just right to the forum to post. Is that accurate?

I did this to a rogue the other day, maybe it was you? He tried to assassinate me, I popped break free the moment I got attacked and got 2 Non GCDs immediately. Why?

Bloodthirst is an ability that procs after killing an enemy, talented it is an automatic crit, you need to have at least 27 points into champion to do this. Hit with that and then you immediately get frenzied strike, another non gcd attack that procs every time you get a critical hit. Theres a good chance he also had full attack points

So my guess is the warrior you attacked had bloodthirst up from a previous kill, the moment he attacked he got two non gcd attacks that could have crit for around 1k each (probably more since your build is squishy). If they were attached to his main attack macro his first global cooldown was probably also a hard hitting melee attack, then he immediately followed with a proper timing (next attack is an automatic crit) and bladefury finisher. If he got lucky and crit on the two attacks there that werent auto crits to begin with, he could have done around 5-6k in about 3 seconds? What looked like 3 shots was actually 5, not saying that it makes it "alright" but he probably hit you with a bunch of abilities.

Honestly, I don't think assassin is the right build to kill a warrior like that with unless you can open with a stun (should always open with a stun on a warrior) and begin circling even if he is stunned, in case he breaks free. If the player isn't alert youll have enough time to get a few attacks and a finisher before he kills you than vanish, let the bleeds tick, then go in while hes disoriented and trying to figure out how to heal himself or find you.

The problem is, if the warrior is alert, your basically dead meat without any defensive cooldowns. A marksman or nightblade/bladedancer is better suited to killing a 2H Champ/Paragon warrior. On that same token, ive absolutely been slaughtered by rogues in this build, and ive also slaughtered the same build. It may just be practice, practice practice.
    Last edited by Magnos; 08-23-2011 at 03:17 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by DemonRage View Post
    ^

Thats from the cleric qq thread.... seriously its posts like this that make trion pass out the rediculous nerfs. Nerfing is not the solution, not being bad is.
    Please tell us rogues how we can "not be bad" when warriors can 3-shot other R8 players? Please, I am all ears.

Sec 1

1089 Rift Strike
    220 Elemental Touch
    31 Amplified Soulstone
    243 Fiery Burst
    170 Elemental Touch

Sec 2

243 Fiery Burst
    892 Frost Strike
    220 Elemental Touch
    31 Amplified Soulstone

Sec 3

243 Fiery Burst
    763 Earth Burst
    220 Elemental Touch
    1131 Storm Burst
    170 elemental Touch
    224 Auto Attack

2 3 point combo's in a gcd. Quite impressive.

Of course we know you are full of ****.

Bix
    Rift Chaser

Sec 1

1089 Rift Strike
    220 Elemental Touch
    31 Amplified Soulstone
    243 Fiery Burst
    170 Elemental Touch

Sec 2

243 Fiery Burst
    892 Frost Strike
    220 Elemental Touch
    31 Amplified Soulstone

Sec 3

243 Fiery Burst
    763 Earth Burst
    220 Elemental Touch
    1131 Storm Burst
    170 elemental Touch
    224 Auto Attack

He hit you with 3 bursts in 3 seconds?
    Nut - Warrior
    Aeyden - Mage
    Citadel

Youtube channel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast