+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I am having FUN in Warfronts

Ascendant

Default I am having FUN in Warfronts

After the heal nerf shock wore off and I stopped crying in my soup and refigured my character a couple hundred times (Hey if you nerf again can I get like 10 respecs plz) I finally found a fun spec on my cleric again.

I still die more which is fine as at least its not every other minute!

Anyway....the point is I was thinking last night I really had fun over the White Fall Escalation weekend, that was darned fun, I was able to level fairly well doing my favorite thing pvp and also get some nice reputation going without it feeling so grindy. I also enjoyed my teammates for the most part and the competition too.

The runners are annoying but there are ways to fight them, you have to play well though. I really don't want them nerfed as it takes yet another layer of difficulty and complexity out of the game and I think we are already watering things down wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy TOO much for the whiners.

Just leave warriors, leave rogues, leave it. Leave everything for a while and let people stop crying and adjust.

If you keep nerfing to make the last set of nerf whine babies (I admit I was one but I adjusted now) happy eventually we will have a very NON fun game with a bunch of homogenized classes that are flavorless and boring with no challenge to winning or surviving.

I AM NOT MAX LEVEL, so this may change when I hit 50 but one thing, I expect to suck at level 50 without the right gear just like if you try raiding at 50 without the right gear. It is a bit of a grind but with the escalation weekends it could end up being ok.

Please alternate which warfronts are getting bonus though...or that can get boring too.

Seriously though, lets stop with all the frigging nerfs, to EVERYONE not just my class.

I am having fun, good job, and the only thing is please please keep adding new warfronts with new ideas and maps, even one that is more of a keep siege type thing. Like DAOC Style Why not a warfront like the DAOC battleground? Why don't we have that

Ascendant

I admire your enthusiasm. At 50, you'll step into a WF and have to check your character to verify that you weren't deleveled to 35. You'll think somehow you jumped into a max level battle as a waif.

Hope your lip can survive the appropriate amount of stiffness.

Thumbs down

Lower level pvp = fun and reasonably balanced. Level 50 pvp = broken and not fun for fresh meat into the grinder. I have 2 characters at level 50, I don't pvp on either of these anymore its too unbearable, am just going to keep pvping on alts at lower levels where it's fun until gw2 comes out. trion will never fix pvp in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by astrocanis View Post
    Hope your lip can survive the appropriate amount of stiffness.
    I laughed out so loud, I woke up the wife and the cats - Bloody hell, now Ive got one pissed off, and two
    screaming for food.

But he is right, 50 pvp is like that.

level 50 pvp is only fun at rank 7 and 8 apparently.

With me being a rank 2 warrior.. all i can really do is cc.. stay at base, call out if a defiant is in the base.. and take the movement buff (if we are at whitefall)

so yeah.. thats me for the next 4 levels

Quote Originally Posted by rastaah View Post
    After the heal nerf shock wore off and I stopped crying in my soup and refigured my character a couple hundred times (Hey if you nerf again can I get like 10 respecs plz) I finally found a fun spec on my cleric again.

I still die more which is fine as at least its not every other minute!

Anyway....the point is I was thinking last night I really had fun over the White Fall Escalation weekend, that was darned fun, I was able to level fairly well doing my favorite thing pvp and also get some nice reputation going without it feeling so grindy. I also enjoyed my teammates for the most part and the competition too.

The runners are annoying but there are ways to fight them, you have to play well though. I really don't want them nerfed as it takes yet another layer of difficulty and complexity out of the game and I think we are already watering things down wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy TOO much for the whiners.

Just leave warriors, leave rogues, leave it. Leave everything for a while and let people stop crying and adjust.

If you keep nerfing to make the last set of nerf whine babies (I admit I was one but I adjusted now) happy eventually we will have a very NON fun game with a bunch of homogenized classes that are flavorless and boring with no challenge to winning or surviving.

I AM NOT MAX LEVEL, so this may change when I hit 50 but one thing, I expect to suck at level 50 without the right gear just like if you try raiding at 50 without the right gear. It is a bit of a grind but with the escalation weekends it could end up being ok.

Please alternate which warfronts are getting bonus though...or that can get boring too.

Seriously though, lets stop with all the frigging nerfs, to EVERYONE not just my class.

I am having fun, good job, and the only thing is please please keep adding new warfronts with new ideas and maps, even one that is more of a keep siege type thing. Like DAOC Style Why not a warfront like the DAOC battleground? Why don't we have that
    Having fun in a wf? I think we found Gersh's alt.

Ascendant

I actually do have a lot of fun in warfronts, the matches that are actually close are a blast. <3 the defiants from Wolfsebane for making it fun.

Quote Originally Posted by overbyte View Post
    Having fun in a wf? I think we found Gersh's alt.
    /em Rolls out the tar and feathers

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Veiny View Post
    level 50 pvp is only fun at rank 7 and 8 apparently.

With me being a rank 2 warrior.. all i can really do is cc.. stay at base, call out if a defiant is in the base.. and take the movement buff (if we are at whitefall)

so yeah.. thats me for the next 4 levels
    =) All i do is either run stones in winter or eradicate in the rest, well at least till they figure out who it is that is spamming eradicate, after that point I am dealt with in a swift and efficient manner =) Things are starting to look up somewhat tho now it takes like 4 hits to kill me =)

+ Reply to Thread