+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: New players, welcome to HELL!!!!

Rift Chaser

Default New players, welcome to HELL!!!!

So for whatever reason Trion couldnt see what a 3rd grader could, and thats obviously making it so that rank 1-4 queue against eachother, and rank 5-up queue against eachother. Of course this probably has alot to do with little to no player growth causing PVP queues to averaging over 5-10 minutes, which is of course absolutely miserable.

Now I heard trion mention they might add this feature down the road, and my point is that it should have been there at release or added in the first patch AT THE LEAST! If that had happened then I feel there would be alot more subs still enjoying PVP, and alot more new players happily moving up the ranks. If it had been done well there WOULD be enough PVP players to have 2 seperate tiers of pvp going on healthily. Now the queues are so slow that if they added this blatantly needed feature they would have to connect all servers so we could queue against the whole community in order to have less than a 30 minute queue.

And lastly and most importantly for the growth of this game you would think they would have new players in mind. Imagine the kid that gets this game and hits 50 for the first time today and is excited about pvp, then he gets in there and gets his faced just absolutely ROFLSTOMPED all day every day by rank 6, 7, and 8, guys with absolutely no chance in hell of feeling like he is contributing or effective in any way. And then notices how long of a grind its going to be before he gets to the point where he can live for more than 2 seconds. Thats an absolutely MIND NUMBING BRUTAL POORLY DESIGNED SYSTEM that does not encourage new players to buy this game and hop into the PVP fun. If I was a new player that wanted to pvp and then saw how much of a poorly designed grind system while you get your *** handed to you for however miserably long with no chance of success I would want a full refund.

Plane Touched

Nb4lock10!
    Quote Originally Posted by Auden View Post
    I think the problem is too many terrible players in Rift that are involved with PVP.

As well as when they die in PVP, all they see on their screen is the warrior.. not the other 5 ranged classes that assisted him.

Ascendant

sheets are made of fire, checkout time: never.

all booked up, hell convention in town.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Rift Chaser

i love feeling op though :<
    Last edited by Arrinx; 08-23-2011 at 02:17 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Columbian View Post
    Nb4lock10!
    Whats that mean? Are they just locking posts that use logic and make absolute sense these days?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Combustion View Post
    Whats that mean? Are they just locking posts that use logic and make absolute sense these days?
    I fail to see how logic and absoulte sense comes into play in a fantasy MMO where people shoot lazer beams and ride giant turtles with 2heads around. The facts are, the OP, and most new people are upset they have to play agaisnt the veteran players who put in the work, and they think its unfair/unbalanced/hell/not fun w/e and want everything to be handed to them with little or no effort.

You have 2 options: Continue to ***** and moan, cry for nerfs and balance, and Quit in a nerd rage or B: Suck it up, transfer servers, reroll, rank up and join in on the killing.

If its really hell OP, just quit. Nobody will miss you or even remember you 30m from now. No refunds bro, sorry.
    Last edited by Columbian; 08-23-2011 at 02:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Auden View Post
    I think the problem is too many terrible players in Rift that are involved with PVP.

As well as when they die in PVP, all they see on their screen is the warrior.. not the other 5 ranged classes that assisted him.

So I decided to roll yet another alt (crazy, huh? what's that now, 15-16 of them or so?)...

Khonin@Threesprings, microDwarf Warrior

He's level 11 now. At 50, this will be his build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...czqRMhz.xxx00V

He's topless - belly hanging out for the world to see. Just boots, pants, and belt to hold up those pants hiding behind that belly.

Barely taller than his Bogling companion, he carries a claymore that is twice his size.

Yes, I suppose any new players that must face him are in HELL having to look at that belly. And I suppose that any new players that are on the same team as him are in HELL... I mean, c'mon - look at that belly!
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Btw, speaking of new features since the OP mentions that - did everybody see the 1.5 thing over on ZAM?

http://rift.zam.com/story.html?story=27439
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Soulwalker

So for whatever reason Trion couldnt see what a 3rd grader could, and thats obviously making it so that rank 1-4 queue against eachother, and rank 5-up queue against eachother. Of course this probably has alot to do with little to no player growth causing PVP queues to averaging over 5-10 minutes, which is of course absolutely miserable.

Now I heard trion mention they might add this feature down the road, and my point is that it should have been there at release or added in the first patch AT THE LEAST! If that had happened then I feel there would be alot more subs still enjoying PVP, and alot more new players happily moving up the ranks. If it had been done well there WOULD be enough PVP players to have 2 seperate tiers of pvp going on healthily. Now the queues are so slow that if they added this blatantly needed feature they would have to connect all servers so we could queue against the whole community in order to have less than a 30 minute queue.

And lastly and most importantly for the growth of this game you would think they would have new players in mind. Imagine the kid that gets this game and hits 50 for the first time today and is excited about pvp, then he gets in there and gets his faced just absolutely ROFLSTOMPED all day every day by rank 6, 7, and 8, guys with absolutely no chance in hell of feeling like he is contributing or effective in any way. And then notices how long of a grind its going to be before he gets to the point where he can live for more than 2 seconds. Thats an absolutely MIND NUMBING BRUTAL POORLY DESIGNED SYSTEM that does not encourage new players to buy this game and hop into the PVP fun. If I was a new player that wanted to pvp and then saw how much of a poorly designed grind system while you get your *** handed to you for however miserably long with no chance of success I would want a full refund.
    i wont lie and say there is nothing wrong with the pvp system post 50 but seriously calm down the game is like 5 months old still young give it time. And it isnt as bad as u make it out to be. at least the ques dont take 20 or 30 mins (like another game we all kno and unsubbed from to come here) and just think once ur r8 u wont be complainin

Rift Chaser

I fail to see how logic and absoulte sense comes into play in a fantasy MMO where people shoot lazer beams and ride giant turtles with 2heads around. The facts are, the OP, and most new people are upset they have to play agaisnt the veteran players who put in the work, and they think its unfair/unbalanced/hell/not fun w/e and want everything to be handed to them with little or no effort.

You have 2 options: Continue to ***** and moan, cry for nerfs and balance, and Quit in a nerd rage or B: Suck it up, transfer servers, reroll, rank up and join in on the killing.

If its really hell OP, just quit. Nobody will miss you or even remember you 30m from now. No refunds bro, sorry.
    Well your absolutely wrong about everything you said, while jumping to stereotypical conclusions that were very far off the truth, and missing the point entirely. Way to go you moron. The truth is that Ive been playing since early beta, and as a veteran of this game that wants it to be successful and fun. And as someone who has seen the PVP queues in the last few weeks get longer and longer steadily. I feel that this glaring problem, that is about the system the game uses, and has nothing to do with the fantasy setting of the game, is bad, and is especially bad for new players.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Kifo View Post
    i wont lie and say there is nothing wrong with the pvp system post 50 but seriously calm down the game is like 5 months old still young give it time. And it isnt as bad as u make it out to be. at least the ques dont take 20 or 30 mins (like another game we all kno and unsubbed from to come here) and just think once ur r8 u wont be complainin
    Why does every mouth breather automatically think Im complaining for myself. Was it not explicitly explained that this is a worry specifically for new players trying to get into pvp and the current state of the pvp system. Its like the community is so dumb they just go into posts and automatically just go on the stereotypical attack without even reading or thinking. This is 100% about the game and 0% about me.

Rift Chaser

BTW the topic is about how much better and healthy the game would be if you queued with other players near your rank, and how much more fun players would have not being crushed by people 7 ranks higher than themselves. And then how bad it is for the game that it is not implemented already, you can already feel the Sub losses in the queue times and all of us want this game to continue to grow and succeed. Is it too late to implement this because the queues would be way too long because there already long? Those are the topics here and it has nothing to do with how I wont care when Im rank 8 and can 1 shot people too, that doesnt help the topic.
    Last edited by Combustion; 08-23-2011 at 03:36 PM.

I think you really are missing the point. Make an alt and find out what it is now like as a new level 50. Why would anyone want to stay with how it is and if ppl don't stay, how will this game survive. If this is how you want it, you're more foolish than you think.
    Former member of www.apex-guild.com. Now residing at http://www.project-cyrus.com.

No, they lock posts that contribute not meaningful discourse and are viewed as harmful. The OP isn't harmful, but there isn't any room for discourse. He's just complains and makes statement without any logical backing or analysis that proves his points. So, uhhhh, let me see if I can bring some debate and discourse to the thread.

The OP makes a great point, that is pretty obvious, to separate ranks into different brackets. This would help out a lot. Everyone knows this. Trion knows it. The OP also asserts that doing so would further disrupt queue time for rank 1 - 4. Well hold up there, sparky. Where's the logical backing of this? First you are assuming 2 things. One, the majority of players are in the higher bracket. And 2, that the amount of rank 1 - 4 players won't queue up more often if this were changed.

I am a rank 2 warrior. I'm about 1/3 the way into the rank. So roughly 60k prestige left to hit until rank 3. I don't queue up so much because I am put in queue with high ranked players that I just cannot damage due to the amount of valor they have. If they were to separate the brackets, I would be more apt to queue up and participate in PvP. I posit that others will also have this mindset and PvP wouldn't be much of a problem.

PvP isn't the only thing in this game. If someone unsubscribes from this game solely based on the way PvP is, then there isn't much that will bring them back. This game isn't PvP driven. It's PvE driven. Hell, the game is called Rift and you fight off Rifts of PvE mobs. If you subscribed to this game looking for a deep and rich PvP experience, you subscribed to the wrong game. There is PvP in this game and it can be enjoyable, but it isn't for everyone. So because of this, I do not think there are that many people that unsubscribed because of the problems with PvP. I could be wrong, but I'm going to assume that a game that is built around the idea of PvE will draw players looking for a wonderful PvE experience with the possibility of some simple fun PvP. That's what I came for, that is what I receive.

My biggest problem in PvP is the one man army complex that everyone seems to have. No matter you class, spec, build, whatever, people seem to think they can run in and take down the opposition every time. No one works together as a team to focus targets down or protect their healers (if you're lucky enough to have people willing to play a healer spec in PvP). It is very frustrating to watch some people play this game the way they do. But this happens in all level brackets. How do you fix this? Well, bonus valor + prestige for healers that are below a threshold. Similar for tanks/support. How that works exactly, I could not propose.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by DaBBB View Post
    I think you really are missing the point. Make an alt and find out what it is now like as a new level 50. Why would anyone want to stay with how it is and if ppl don't stay, how will this game survive. If this is how you want it, you're more foolish than you think.
    YAY someone with a brain!!!!!
    <3 U

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast