+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: New players, welcome to HELL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by astrocanis View Post
    Not a problem at all - I just haven't seen you play. But, with an ego on this forum like yours, I'm sure you're very good.

Nothing says "I'm a loser" like posters on your wall about winning.
    Dude i dont have an ego, srsly i dont.... i just dont understand where all the whines are coming from... Its an MMO!!! you level up, get gear, get better and own...

For testing purposes i tried PvPing in just T2 gear and its completely possible, I mean 20 kills 5 deaths possible... and im by no means am best of the best.

I mean come on, its easy to get rank 3 over the weekend and rank 4 the following week. Which will give T2 equal gear with around 500 velor... how much easier can this get?

Are rank 8s over the top? yes they are... can they be soloed by rank 1? NO... can they be soloed by Rank 6? NO..... can they be killed as a group? YES.

Is Cleric AoE ******ed? YES... can it be avoided? YES

and it goes on,..
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Quote Originally Posted by Blays View Post
    Dude i dont have an ego, srsly i dont.... i just dont understand where all the whines are coming from... Its an MMO!!! you level up, get gear, get better and own...

For testing purposes i tried PvPing in just T2 gear and its completely possible, I mean 20 kills 5 deaths possible... and im by no means am best of the best.

I mean come on, its easy to get rank 3 over the weekend and rank 4 the following week. Which will give T2 equal gear with around 500 velor... how much easier can this get?

Are rank 8s over the top? yes they are... can they be soloed by rank 1? NO... can they be soloed by Rank 6? NO..... can they be killed as a group? YES.

and it goes on,..
    How many of those "own's" were P8's? i'm gonna bet...none.
    Rezzistance -Seastone/Defiant Mage
    Rezzist - Seastone/Defiant Rogue
    MeatyCurtains - Seastone/Guardian Rogue

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by croon View Post
    *1) Yes, all the time, I honestly don't have a problem with it. The HP/AP/SP buffs (maybe something else?) works great. Sure it's still some differences, and you lack some skills, but those are surmountable problems if you play well.

I didn't get to a *2, because the rest kind of relates to eachother, and you raise excellent points. Being weak can make you evolve other senses/skills just to survive, and it's indeed a great life lesson. I however feel that (in a game we all pay for):
    1. It shouldn't punish players that already know those lessons, by still forcing them to "learn" them (imo grind) for a few hundred hours.
    2. It's just a game. In reality you can learn a lot from working at the bottom and your way up, life isn't fair, the rich get richer etc. If you don't like it you protest, get political, strike, et al. But this is, again, a game we all pay for, and the fix is a patch unlike in reality a societal reform, and it's supposed to be fun for all (at least the maximum possible number of people). Though I made a comparison to real life, my point is that they are nothing alike. Games are escapism, if you are good at the game, you should be rewarded, not punished because you can't "escape" your life enough.

You make great points, but I still think the pre-50s PVP is way more fun and closer to "actual" PVP (if that's a thing). What most of us (our "side", I guess) want is the pre-50s PVP at level 50, where we have full skill trees. You still have gear progression, but the lower get buffed, and the good lower players can still get out ahead in any fight, given they are X amount of skill better than Y level/rank higher opposing player. Gear progression doesn't break the game before 50s, it does at 50. I'll end with my tagline: Numbers, they matter.
    So maybe the solution to all this is the ability to turn off progression at 50.... kind of like turning off XP gain.

Have a toggle in the menu so that you can indicate whether or not you want to earn prestige toward ranks... or just stay a "plain 50" and PvP with other "plain 50" players who don't want to face the grind through the ranks.

I bet the queues would be painful... but it would be a CHOICE, rather than forcing everyone to deal with what could be longer queue times in a tiered system.
    "If you don't have enough respect for yourself and others to learn how to spell and use proper grammar, you're really not worth paying attention to."

- me

This is what really sucks. I worked my *** off to get to P6, and guess what...a ****ing P8 comes along and destroys me like im a ****ing fresh 50. Utterly ****ing demoralizing. i've got countless hours put into my rogues gear\progression, and for what? To be a god damn penyata for P8's. this is a sensitive subject for me.
    Last edited by Kanabull; 08-26-2011 at 07:00 AM.

Rift Chaser

and it goes on,..
    This is actually the most sense I've seen you make ;)

But you mostly just answered questions about how the game is: "Can you ride a horse? Yes."
    We're hopefully discussing how things should be to evolve the game, and secure an influx of more people for the games survival (believe me, it will need it in the coming months), and keep as many people as possible happy.

On the note of how long it takes: I've tried doing all the pvp dailies every day I'm home/capable with a few WFs thrown in as time allows, and on weekends when I'm home, and I played at least a long session on patch 1.4 weekend with the quad buff. I started my cleric at 50 a week or two before 1.4, and it's just now around 10k prestige left to R4. That's how long it takes for a dedicated player with a job and duties at home. I don't really mean this as having any impact on the argument, but those are real time frames you're looking at.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Grisheub View Post
    So maybe the solution to all this is the ability to turn off progression at 50.... kind of like turning off XP gain.

Have a toggle in the menu so that you can indicate whether or not you want to earn prestige toward ranks... or just stay a "plain 50" and PvP with other "plain 50" players who don't want to face the grind through the ranks.

I bet the queues would be painful... but it would be a CHOICE, rather than forcing everyone to deal with what could be longer queue times in a tiered system.
    That would be really fine with me, maybe not the best solution, but definitely a lot better than most others and miles ahead of the current situation. I also don't think "my" queues would have any problems

Edit: Actually you wouldn't even have to turn off prestige gain, but just have a sign at the door: "You can gear up here, but you'll have to leave your HK weapon/R8 valor at the door". It would award prestige to the best players, am I right? They could then use the gear in the other queue, or world PVP. But the poopsockers (sorry, but I love the word) could not skate by with time invested if they wanted to gear up further.

Edit 2: But either way would be fine, I just want to PVP for PVP with an even playing field.
    Last edited by croon; 08-26-2011 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanabull View Post
    How many of those "own's" were P8's? i'm gonna bet...none.
    Dont know.... possibly none... but this thread is not about nerfing R8s its about incompetent players
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

By the time i shouted my last DING! and entered my first warfront as a top level char
    There's your problem. 50 is the start of top level not the finish. It's just your ticket to the dance.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Dont know.... possibly none... but this thread is not about nerfing R8s its about incompetent players
    No, im pretty sure this thread is about the major gear gap between R1-R8. And then **** suckers like you think that a warrior's 2 button 17 ability macro + insanity sliver + Bloodthirsty + pocket healer is skill.

No, im pretty sure this thread is about the major gear gap between R1-R8. And then **** suckers like you think that a warrior's 2 button 17 ability macro + insanity sliver + Bloodthirsty + pocket healer is skill.
    mmorpg pvp doesnt require skill, mage, rogue, warrior, etc. get over it.

TBH i am very sure that this isn't about personal QQ.
    This is about the future of Trion and rift.

I understand that rank 7 and 8 grinded their way up though the ranks and have been that vulnerable rank 1, just like everyone else that is a fresh 50 in the warfront.
    I know that it does not seem fair because you put in a lot of hours of grinding and dying, i would feel the same way. I really feel bad for the people who actually did grind their way up to rank 8, but i am concerned that if nothing is done about it, your rank 8 won't exist.

As i said.. this is not about personal wants, this is about how rift will be 2 or 6 months down the track.
    If the majority are getting bored joining warfronts, purely just to rank up (because there really is no point in trying at ranks 1-5) Then there is a good chance that people are going to leave rift.
    Some people would say that "if you are not having fun, and if you are QQ... then quit"
    Well thats the problem, people are quitting because of this exact matter... people are getting bored

Trion have made an mmorpg to entertain people. People are paying money, so they can pvp.
    Unfortunately the end game has not been well thought out as most would have liked... and people will leave if things get boring.
    I think that if they fix the PVP, as in separate ranks, nerf the gear.. or something that could make a difference.. people will stay

This is what really sucks. I worked my *** off to get to P6, and guess what...a ****ing P8 comes along and destroys me like im a ****ing fresh 50. Utterly ****ing demoralizing. i've got countless hours put into my rogues gear\progression, and for what? To be a god damn penyata for P8's. this is a sensitive subject for me.
    ^^This.

I'm a pretty casual player, but I pvp exclusively. Rank 5, halfway to 6. Up until 1.4 WFs were fun, even for those not max rank. Now they are decidedly un-fun. Being unable to contribute at all makes for an very unsatisfying experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Combustion View Post
    Well your absolutely wrong about everything you said, while jumping to stereotypical conclusions that were very far off the truth, and missing the point entirely. Way to go you moron. The truth is that Ive been playing since early beta, and as a veteran of this game that wants it to be successful and fun. And as someone who has seen the PVP queues in the last few weeks get longer and longer steadily. I feel that this glaring problem, that is about the system the game uses, and has nothing to do with the fantasy setting of the game, is bad, and is especially bad for new players.
    Yes the match engine is the very same P.O.S from borehammer, it boggels my mind that they cannibalized that turkey to use here

Secondly,solos Vs solos and Pm's vs Pm's. they tried it for a SHORT while,it worked beautifully for that period but the favor farmers pulled their hair out in great distress over it and it was rolled back

I don't think trion has the nerve to do anything with either of these issues, or trying rank separation. for me I'm just moving on to something else
    Last edited by TerminusEst; 08-26-2011 at 03:47 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9