+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: so, i feel like my gear is doing all the work for me

Ascendant

Default so, i feel like my gear is doing all the work for me

as an assassin, i took down a group of 5 that attacked me. they must have been rank 4 or lower.

by the time i was on the fifth, he just did an "LOL".

point of the thread:

gear means way too much in pvp.

I want to lose a very close match and think "damn, if i had a couple more better pieces I might have won" not "damn, i don't stand a chance until I rank up"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Ascendant

Riftblade autocorrected to assassin again
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Champion of Telara

This is nothing new.

That's what happens when you reward pvp with gear progression rather than character progression.

Instead of expanding and opening up either small increases in power, or replace them with increasing options, you get this ever expanding gear-flation.

This is why devs need to look at what made daoc RR and GW cosmetic rewards work. Another way is to reward with entirely non-combat options like crafting materials, housing options, faction-wide timed bonuses, etc.

exactly, thats why im taking a long break .. this game could have done so much better.
    Orchide (Kelari) | eXile Corp (Rocket Science) | Assassin/Marksman
    Level: 60 (R80) | Server: Zaviel

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    I want to lose a very close match and think "damn, if i had a couple more better pieces I might have won" not "damn, i don't stand a chance until I rank up"
    Wouldn't you just use "Slip Away" if the fight is anywhere near close?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Maladon View Post
    Wouldn't you just use "Slip Away" if the fight is anywhere near close?
    close fights are those where i needed to use slip away offensively.

any assassin that can get or come close to getting a kill without slip away was not involved in a close fight.

Plane Touched

Yep. Doesn't matter the class, new 50s against geared r6+ or top PvE geared players will just get smashed.

You can tell right away if you need to try by the damage you do to them or that they do to you.

Basically, its like level 50s attacking a 55+. I have 1k+ more HP than I did as a new 50, 40% damage reduction and almost double the spell power. I can only imagine R8s are another 20-30% above that, which is so outrageous.

I have moved on to playing World of Tanks. That'll be fun for awhile, kinda a FPS with fun tactics and some "leveling".

Just pop onto Rift every now and then, until sub is done. Just too gear oriented. I don't mind gear differences but the gap is way too wide after just 5-6 months. Really really bad outlook for long-term PvP playability. New PvPers get crushed and quit or move to just PvE. So PvP pop slowly dies since you always lose players and not enough new ones will fill the ranks.

People will ***** and moan about this and I am sure it has been brought up numerous times... but, the ranks do need to be separated somehow. 1-5, 6-8... idk something. I've pretty much quit pvp at 50 because of the huge gap that just seems to keep getting bigger. When my sub is up, I'm out unless something changes with this ****. Nothing needs to be nerfed or buffed, leave everything alone in that sense.
    Last edited by Ruairidh; 08-23-2011 at 01:19 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ruairidh View Post
    People will ***** and moan about this and I am sure it has been brought up numerous times... but, the ranks do need to be separated somehow. 1-5, 6-8... idk something. I've pretty much quit pvp at 50 because of the huge gap that just seems to keep getting bigger. When my sub is up, I'm out unless something changes with this ****. Nothing needs to be nerfed or buffed, leave everything alone in that sense.
    its a problem in world pvp as well. gear is the problem

as an assassin, i took down a group of 5 that attacked me. they must have been rank 4 or lower.

point of the thread:

Yeah and it is so easy to get to the next rank.
    Doesn't even require skill.
    You could just half afk and farm prest.

you get to r8 and stomp a r4.. all cause you just stood there throughout all the warfronts to get to where you are...

it must be friday!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Veiny View Post

you get to r8 and stomp a r4.. all cause you just stood there throughout all the warfronts to get to where you are...

it must be friday!
    That r4 must not be as good at AFK'ing
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Veiny View Post

it must be friday!
    i don't like you saying "you" in your post so much as to say that's what I do for my gear

Champion of Telara

i don't like you saying "you" in your post so much as to say that's what I do for my gear
    What do you mean you people?

Last edited by Snyrf; 08-23-2011 at 01:35 PM.

?? i don't get it??

Rift Chaser

point of the thread:

And that's what the 'RPG' means in 'MMORPG'. Sorry that games such as WoW mislead you into believing that work wasn't a factor in an RPG. Although you can't blame them; their lazy game design and telling everyone that storylines and timesinks didn't matter cause it was all about 'skill' in their bare minimums Arena probably saved Blizz millions in manhours developing, and thus enabled them to come up with incredibly abstract and stupidly irrelevant ideas like mobile armory, paid transfers and customization to pad their bottom line.

Anything else?
    Last edited by Stewy; 08-23-2011 at 04:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast