+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: so, i feel like my gear is doing all the work for me

Does the OP realize that if you get rid of the gear grind you will lose most of the pvp subs? Would you take away raid gear?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Original_Hellfire View Post
    Does the OP realize that if you get rid of the gear grind you will lose most of the pvp subs? Would you take away raid gear?
    why would you take away pvp gear? if each rank gave a slight edge instead of a game changing amount of stats, there would still be a desire to have the best. People want to be their best, and that means using blue quality vials, rank 8 gear, the best consumables on their gear, best enchants, etc.

you can keep the gear grind, the ranks, the consumables, all of it. But a rank6 should not get to just hit the 1 key a bunch while not even looking at the screen and get kills against people in lower rank gear.

i seriously killed the 5 players without ever using a finishing move...they died before i could build combo points. (yes i was smart enough to hit the healer first when it came into the fight
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    as an assassin, i took down a group of 5 that attacked me. they must have been rank 4 or lower.

by the time i was on the fifth, he just did an "LOL".

point of the thread:

gear means way too much in pvp.

I want to lose a very close match and think "damn, if i had a couple more better pieces I might have won" not "damn, i don't stand a chance until I rank up"

I was in a low rank Scion and took off everything on the left side and kept fighting.

Fun stuff

I never realized I was wearing red boxers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakkasa View Post
    I was in a low rank Scion and took off everything on the left side and kept fighting.

Fun stuff

I never realized I was wearing red boxers.
    Ive had fights on my rank 2 warr against other lowly ranked people, and it is a lot of fun. Its that hope of fun that i keep queing for, but 90% of the time i get mindlessly owned by a rank 8, often without him (or her) even knowing i was there
    Last edited by NzFox; 08-24-2011 at 03:42 PM.

Ascendant

as an assassin, i took down a group of 5 that attacked me. they must have been rank 4 or lower.
    Fixed :

as an assassin, i took down a group of 5 that attacked me. they must have been the worst possible players in Rift.
    5 rank 1 players will destroy a rank 8 assassin, with pretty much any calling/role/souls mix in the game, unless they're completely ******ed.
    Hell, I'm pretty sure 5 rank 1 wardens could waterjet you to death.

Ascendant

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-pvp-gear.html

Best solution so far suggested.

Being R7 I feel the sting most when my team mates are all melted in the first 5-10 seconds of a fight. You look up and half your warfront has been killed in 2 GCD's.

I don't want longer queues and it is nice to stand out as doing more damage than other people. I'd like to keep the warfront queuing as is. Raising the Valor like this would be an awesome idea to level the playing field a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by solarbear View Post
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-pvp-gear.html

Best solution so far suggested.

Being R7 I feel the sting most when my team mates are all melted in the first 5-10 seconds of a fight. You look up and half your warfront has been killed in 2 GCD's.

I don't want longer queues and it is nice to stand out as doing more damage than other people. I'd like to keep the warfront queuing as is. Raising the Valor like this would be an awesome idea to level the playing field a lot.
    could work though dps would still be high. I would like to know though is it fun from the other end? ROFL-stomping people with rank 1-4 gear? i would guess it would get old fast but that's could just be me

Gear making a difference in an mmo? Who would've guessed. I am surprised to say the least. No, but really, it's an intricate part of the genre, no point in getting too upset over it.
    Signatures are for noobs

Rift Chaser

Problem is that the more you buff valor the the closer to god status healers become.

It's bad enough a chloro in good gear can get beat on by 5 people, now image him taking 30% less damage on top of that.

You can't tip the scales in favor of one thing without offsetting the balance in another.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo0rbid View Post
    Gear making a difference in an mmo? Who would've guessed. I am surprised to say the least. No, but really, it's an intricate part of the genre, no point in getting too upset over it.
    its not that there is a increase in gear, its that it is so drastic between low and high ranks its doing all the work for you. All you have to do at rank 8 is move towards a low ranked player and they drop down dead

Sword of Telara

Gaining power while you gear up is a good thing. Gaining 40-50% damage reduction and 40% more HP while your damage output tripples is not a good thing if you force fresh 50's to face full R8 geared people.

As an R1-R4 you have absolutely no chance to even touch an R8. As an R8 there is absolutely no challange to kill an R1-R4. It's a frustration for the lower ranked players and utterly boring for the higher ranked players. That's why more and more people are suggesting to split the player pool to R1-R4 and R5-R8. Yes, the queues would be higher but I'm pretty sure most of the people wouldn't mind waiting for an other 2-3 minutes for a battle they would actually enjoy.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by hopp View Post
    Gaining power while you gear up is a good thing. Gaining 40-50% damage reduction and 40% more HP while your damage output tripples is not a good thing if you force fresh 50's to face full R8 geared people.

As an R1-R4 you have absolutely no chance to even touch an R8. As an R8 there is absolutely no challange to kill an R1-R4. It's a frustration for the lower ranked players and utterly boring for the higher ranked players. That's why more and more people are suggesting to split the player pool to R1-R4 and R5-R8. Yes, the queues would be higher but I'm pretty sure most of the people wouldn't mind waiting for an other 2-3 minutes for a battle they would actually enjoy.
    It's not going to be 2-3 minutes its going to be 15-20+

Some peoples ques on certain servers is already 20 minutes. You want to tell them wait an hour now?

Also it will only compound the problem with longer ques by grandfathering in rank 8's by making it take longer to get up there.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Raitoken View Post

Some peoples ques on certain servers is already 20 minutes. You want to tell them wait an hour now?

Also it will only compound the problem with longer ques by grandfathering in rank 8's by making it take longer to get up there.
    They should start merging shards or at least battlegroups.

Quote Originally Posted by Raitoken View Post

Did it ever dawn on you that the que times would be shorter if the pvp was fun as more would que?

Rift Chaser

Numbers. They matter.

"Oh, you don't like that this medicine costs 8968967 million dollars? WELL TOO BAD! All goods cost money!"
    Last edited by croon; 08-25-2011 at 01:43 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast