Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: [POLL] Should level 50 Warfronts be divided by Prestige Rank?

Exclamation [POLL] Should level 50 Warfronts be divided by Prestige Rank?

The PVP in warfronts is amazing 10-49, however newer 50's hardly enjoy the new reality they're faced with at level 50.

Before 50, warfront success is dictated much by player ability and less so by gear, as gear differences are not as varied. The brackets 10-49 are very balanced and are what got me playing this great game, instead of... (other MMO's that will remain unnamed out of respect of Trion)

I say bring back the ability to make a difference in the Warfronts! Do this by creating separate brackets based on Prestige rank after level 50. Yes, I realize this could result in longer queue times, but it could also result in more people actually participating in warfronts, when they realize they have a fighting chance and can make a difference.

There have been many suggestions in these forums as to how to achieve this, so I will not go there in this thread. All I want to know is, do you support the bracketing (for lack of a better word) of the level 50 ranks in Warfronts?

Shadowlander

absolutely

Ascendant

no. reason: queue times from the population in each rank

solution: fix the gear scaling so that each rank provides a slight edge instead of being game changing
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

R1-4
    R5-8

Though, Trion needs to create a system to allow higher ranked players to downrank themselves so they are capped as what a R4 would have - to allow higher ranked players to play with their lower ranked friends.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    no. reason: queue times from the population in each rank

solution: fix the gear scaling so that each rank provides a slight edge instead of being game changing
    The gear scaling needs to stay in line with the PvE scaling. So yes, PvP once again suffers because of this particular form of PvE design. To an extent, I keep wondering when devs are going to get away from the meatier mob with a bigger club PvE progression to something that is less of a gear check and more of a skill check... then I remember that we ended up with this crappy system because of the average customer.
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    The gear scaling needs to stay in line with the PvE scaling. So yes, PvP once again suffers because of this particular form of PvE design. To an extent, I keep wondering when devs are going to get away from the meatier mob with a bigger club PvE progression to something that is less of a gear check and more of a skill check... then I remember that we ended up with this crappy system because of the average customer.
    oh, we all know the cause lol. pve has been ruining pvp since, anything after diablo ii
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    R1-4
    R5-8

Though, Trion needs to create a system to allow higher ranked players to downrank themselves so they are capped as what a R4 would have - to allow higher ranked players to play with their lower ranked friends.
    Both of these are great suggestions and would certainly only help the current situation, although changing the already existing gear would result in a lot of QQ from the community that has worked to acquire those pieces.

I think VirusDancer is on spot with what should be done. This thread should be sent to Trion so they may implement this or something similar.

Rift Disciple

I honestly don't care... I don't mind having to actually work with a team instead of running off by myself.

BUT

If they do, and my queue times go up, my sub is cancelled. Period, end of story. WFs is what I enjoy. In another thread I provided them with a fairly simple but effective way to do a statistical analysis to determine if that would happen. If they consider going down the bracket road, I hope they utilize that or an alternative study method rather than just blindly oiling the squeaky wheel.

People can point to how many whining posts there are on the forums about wanting brackets, but the plain and simple truth is that it's likely less than 1% of the player base.
    "If you don't have enough respect for yourself and others to learn how to spell and use proper grammar, you're really not worth paying attention to."

- me

Sure. Sounds logical to me.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Quote Originally Posted by Bioweapon View Post
    The PVP in warfronts is amazing 10-49, however newer 50's hardly enjoy the new reality they're faced with at level 50.

Before 50, warfront success is dictated much by player ability and less so by gear, as gear differences are not as varied. The brackets 10-49 are very balanced and are what got me playing this great game, instead of... (other MMO's that will remain unnamed out of respect of Trion)

I say bring back the ability to make a difference in the Warfronts! Do this by creating separate brackets based on Prestige rank after level 50. Yes, I realize this could result in longer queue times, but it could also result in more people actually participating in warfronts, when they realize they have a fighting chance and can make a difference.

There have been many suggestions in these forums as to how to achieve this, so I will not go there in this thread. All I want to know is, do you support the bracketing (for lack of a better word) of the level 50 ranks in Warfronts?
    No, leave the queues alone.

Shadowlander

Yes, absolutely.

Anybody that says queues will get longer is purely speculating. We have no idea until it's tried. My theory is that more people will get out and try it at the lower ranks because they'll know they have more of a chance to enjoy it...and enjoying it is what it's about.

There are a large number of R5 and higher people now. If they split it up 1-4 and 5-8 then I would guess the queues would be fine. If anything they might have to split the lower tiers 1-2 and 3-4 because of how many more people would actually bring alts into the warfront knowing they aren't going to get stomped on by those 7's and 8's.

Quote Originally Posted by -Shiva- View Post
    No, leave the queues alone.
    What rank are you and do you have any alts?
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Banned

Yes.

/thread

Obviously if Trion were to split the queues, they would have to address the clusters as well. It would require them to audit them from time to time to make adjustments etc...

...which considering they are not doing that with the current (ahem) two queues, could definitely lead to issues.

As much as I believe they should split them and implement the downranking system I mentioned, we have to be honest with what Trion is capable (no, that is not the right word - with what Trion is willing to do) of doing.
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

One option is to not allow pve gear in warfronts (I know this wouldn't help with pvp rifts & OWPVP). Allow for craftable pvp started gear for those who decide to begin pvping. This would cease the need to balance pvp with pve gear.

And yes I agree, casual game stays casual.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast