Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: [POLL] Should level 50 Warfronts be divided by Prestige Rank?

****ing right they should.
    Former member of www.apex-guild.com. Now residing at http://www.project-cyrus.com.

Not enough players to do it atm , now if it was cross servers all eu then yeah go for it , then we could have guild pvp rankings aswell

No. When your fresh your fresh and you will get owned by p4's in lower ranks. You will get owned hard in the 5 - 8 bracket upon hitting 5. Cause oppose to running into all the lower 1 - 4 ranks, you will now run into nothing but ranks ahead of you. Instead of your warfronts having the chance to have lower progressed players you will go up primarily against 7 - 8 ranked players. The lower field will be flooded with people starting at 50 and people will complain of having nothing but undergeared p 1 - 2 ranked teams while teams of p4's are getting in. Hititng rank 4 would feel like godmode in WFs, hitting rank 5 would feel like you just got nerfed and it's get owned time again. Also depending on peoples play time/style and when they earn rewards, being a certain rank doesn't neccesarily *make* you that rank until you have all it's gear. If you miss weekends a lot or didnt WF alot up to 50, you may end up nearly wearing gear halfway under your teir in the first place and increasing your disposition to the system of ranking. It's just more dividing and wont really solve anything because with how others can't see gear of their opponents I have a feeling lots of cries out of unbalance arn't as substantiated as they think and I wouldn't put it past people in the mid ranks to chalk up a loss to an assumption the opponent has r8 gear. Even if in reality p8 vs p1 is obviously a landslide...doesn't mean it's really the reason people get owned. I'm p7 and I get destroyed sometimes. It happens.

Banned

NO. If I can't slaughter low level ranks there's no point to do WF's at all. Create a purpose for the PVP in this game for starters.
    Last edited by Overdrive; 08-23-2011 at 04:02 PM.

Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar

Yes, I think the option to queue a lowbie warfront or two would help people who are frustrated by this. Or maybe institute Valor caps on Warfronts, instead of excluding.

Quote Originally Posted by decrypter View Post
    Not enough players to do it atm , now if it was cross servers all eu then yeah go for it , then we could have guild pvp rankings aswell
    They could not do blanket regional queues. Faction imbalance would cause issues.

They need to monitor the FCTs and do ongoing auditing of the faction populations in clusters...

...which they do not do now, so why would they do it in the future? Yes, I'm jaded.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Yes.

because it is the easier solution compared to complete re-itemization, which they will never do.

Shield of Telara

No. My queue times are already terrible, don't split people up even more.

Rift Chaser

Yes. + post #3

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    No. When your fresh your fresh and you will get owned by p4's in lower ranks. You will get owned hard in the 5 - 8 bracket upon hitting 5. Cause oppose to running into all the lower 1 - 4 ranks, you will now run into nothing but ranks ahead of you. Instead of your warfronts having the chance to have lower progressed players you will go up primarily against 7 - 8 ranked players. The lower field will be flooded with people starting at 50 and people will complain of having nothing but undergeared p 1 - 2 ranked teams while teams of p4's are getting in. Hititng rank 4 would feel like godmode in WFs, hitting rank 5 would feel like you just got nerfed and it's get owned time again. Also depending on peoples play time/style and when they earn rewards, being a certain rank doesn't neccesarily *make* you that rank until you have all it's gear. If you miss weekends a lot or didnt WF alot up to 50, you may end up nearly wearing gear halfway under your teir in the first place and increasing your disposition to the system of ranking. It's just more dividing and wont really solve anything because with how others can't see gear of their opponents I have a feeling lots of cries out of unbalance arn't as substantiated as they think and I wouldn't put it past people in the mid ranks to chalk up a loss to an assumption the opponent has r8 gear. Even if in reality p8 vs p1 is obviously a landslide...doesn't mean it's really the reason people get owned. I'm p7 and I get destroyed sometimes. It happens.
    Thanks for explaining how it is now, only a little less sucky after the change.

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    oh, we all know the cause lol. pve has been ruining pvp since, anything after diablo ii
    Wtb diablo 3.

And @ the op, no.

You think you have QQ now? Wait till que times triple for r1-r4 and r5+ will quadruple or more.

This is at primetime, god imagine off-peak hours, would never get WF que pops.

Gonna have to say no to this. Unless all servers are in one battlegroup.

Even then I don't really like it. But I could live with it.

Hi Bioweapon,

We are closing this thread, as we do not allow petitions or community-created polls on our forums. The reason for this is we do not feel that either encourage a meaningful or constructive discussion since they promote replies that simply say ď/signedĒ or answer a list of questions. In place of a petition, we recommend presenting something as a request or a suggestion so that the entire community can discuss it. Itís also okay to present questions in your first post, but we ask that you donít call it a poll.

Thanks!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3