+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP Warfront Brackets?

Plane Walker

Default PvP Warfront Brackets?

This issue has been talked about in many threads but I wanted to get others feedback and maybe we can get something constructive going.

I have always been against segregating WF's based on rank. In light of everything going on with the game I have turned a complete 180 and think making brackets could help improve the game. The difference in gear from jumping from 6 to 8 is much bigger then the gap from 1-6. (dps of weps and the synergy crystals) I used to say 'suck it up, it's part of the game' but now I think the gap is just too much.

As a rank7 who is closing in on rank8 here is what I propose:

Split the prestige ranks into two brackets. Rank 1-4 and rank 5-8. The aim would be to make the games more competitive and make it so people who are new to 50 pvp can actually play and be useful. (the new to pvp has nothing to do with me, I have no alts or plans to make one) Also I think by segrating the ranks we will find out this game is a little more balanced then most seem to bicker about, and future balancing would be 'easier'. (note the quotes)

The only thing I would worry about in doing this is queue times. If this could be accomplished with battle groups set where the queue times did not suffer much if any then I would be 100% for it. Actually I cannot see much arguement agaisnt it past the 'well I had to go through it so everybody else should'. To me that translates too 'yes I put in the time and I now enjoy my mindless smashing of non geared players.' Any complaint over people haveing it 'easier' compared to maybe improving the pvp game is not good reason imo. I don't want people to be handed free gear but I also want what is best for the games longevity. I would even reccomend increasing the rate of lvling from 1-4 so players could get acclimated to 50 pvp and gear up while being ready for the current endgame pvp.

Now world pvp is every man for himself so if you feel like smashing 50's in greens be my guest. I have a very strong feeling that the majority of real pvper's would not have any objection to creating a more fun/competive WF with brackets ONLY IF the queue times do not suffer. (the lame fully geared fresh 50 griefers aside)

Thoughts? If there are any more pros OR cons post up.

Plane Walker

I'd also like to add some more of my thoughts over this. I see world PVP as the real engame pvp and what we are working towards in both gear and content. As much as everyone trashes TRION I think they are doing a great job with this game. They are active in adding content and making fixes where needed, and I do think they care and listen to the community. (all be it not always in the right way but they work at it) I can forsee more world content added where fresh 50's will still struggle vs ranked out players which they should. WF's should be a place for good fun and competition and allow players to gear and grow to take part in the world. Think of it like WF's are the PVP 'instances'. You play to gear and level then take part in the world.

All in all it is no fun being on wither side of the spectrum as it sits right now either fresh 50 or fully ranked. (yes I'm not even 8 yet but I I know my fun factor will diminish once I'm done) Personally I don't care win or lose. I would rather lose half my games but have better games then win all my games with ease. Some people enjoy a good battle more then anything...

Rift Chaser

I'll throw in my suggestion for a slight tweak: 1-5, 6-8.
    Sure, R5 gets a little more valor, but the big difference kicks in either with R4 or R6 with a new weapon tier, and the set bonus gets complete at R6 for the R5s, so might as well keep them in the lower bracket.

/2 cents.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by croon View Post
    I'll throw in my suggestion for a slight tweak: 1-5, 6-8.
    Sure, R5 gets a little more valor, but the big difference kicks in either with R4 or R6 with a new weapon tier, and the set bonus gets complete at R6 for the R5s, so might as well keep them in the lower bracket.

/2 cents.
    So you want to split an armor set in half? That doesn't really make much sense.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Plane Touched

When I used to be P2 and had to fight against P6's I wasn't for warfront brackets at 50. I was getting pwned by P6's but the gap wasn't that huge, I could still hold my own in some situations, I just had to fight smart. Now being a P4 fighting against P8's, wow, I have 0 chance no matter what I do. They made R8 stuff too good I guess.

I also agree with 1-5 and 6-8. cause throwing P5 against 8's would be just as crappy, the only big buffs you get are every 2 ranks.

Only problem, what would the game do with all the hardcore PvE raiders who have HK gear but are prestige 1, that suddenly feel like PvPing.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicar View Post
    So you want to split an armor set in half? That doesn't really make much sense.
    Yes, that was the entire point, and it makes more sense than not. You get thrown into the big leagues when you complete your set, not when you just got half your set and are in between bonuses. Which also happens to coincide with when you get the next tier of weapon dps.
    Last edited by croon; 08-23-2011 at 10:11 AM.

Ascendant

I would like to take my time to say that I am still against bracketing WFs. I always have been and always will be, even when P543354450 is out.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicar View Post
    I would like to take my time to say that I am still against bracketing WFs. I always have been and always will be, even when P543354450 is out.
    And you having a different opinion is fine, but I'll just respond to your sig:
    I think the problem most people have is that there ARE people who is the king of WFs at level 10, 20, 30, 40, and those people should be king at 50 too. Most people won't though, and those people can grind for gear to make up for lack of skill.

Level 50 PVP is like all previous PVP, except without tiers. There shouldn't be people doing 5 times as much damage per same ability thrown into the same match as fresh 50s. That's not a deserved advantage, that's a no skill win button. Sure everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I'll have an opinion or two of people wanting to keep this status quo, and it's not flattering.

+ Reply to Thread