+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WF premades again

Telaran

Default WF premades again

Add my voice to the din of shouts that Trion should fix this issue:

This morning I qued for 7 BG's before getting into a game that wasn't against a premade.

I don't mind losing a game that is fair, but when the daily pvp WF is BG, the premades just que que que and farm the casuals.

I don't blame the players in the premades. I blame Trion for not making a balanced system. Please fix this broken system.

Definitely depends on the time of day - and even on the WF. During those hours, it becomes a case of queuing for three of the WFs knowing that a couple of premades are farming the other.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Sometimes there not always a premade and its just coincidental...

Every time, literally, every time i enter a WF its always my server as most the population. It could very well be the "premade" server being just over populated with pvp hungry players.
    Last edited by Toys; 08-23-2011 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toys View Post
    Sometimes there not always a premade and its just coincidental...

Every time, literally, every time i enter a WF its always my server as most the population. It could very well be the "premade" server being just over populated with pvp hungry players.
    There are the actual Premades (obvious when they're all in the same guild) and then there is something that comes about because of faction imbalance as well. If one side is a major underdog in terms of faction population imbalance at a given time, even if they are from different shards in the cluster - they're almost always playing together.

This is the more common culprit.

Player on Side A looks at the names on their team - they're almost always different. They look at the names on the other team - they're almost always the same. Without even checking the shards, they assume that they are facing a Premade.

No, they are not a "Premade" - but they are a group that plays together often - have learned to work together - it is the same people, not a case of having that mixed bag that the other side experiences. While they're not a "Premade", they're definitely going to have the advantage over the mixed bag PUG.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

I don't think it is premades as often as people would like to believe it is.

I never run in premades, and i have been in countless warfronts that were all pugs that have just steamrolled the other team like they were children. Also, i have been on the receiving end of the same, from groups that were quite unlikely to be premades, seeing as no more than 3 or 4 people were from the same shard, let alone the same guild. I think that people just assume because a team works together or draws a fair number of high ranking people, or has good healers, that they just got worked over by a premade.

I am not saying premades don't happen, or that they shouldn't be changed a bit. I am just saying, simply because you got stomped by a team that worked well together does not mean you got ganked by a premade. In my experience it is usually just a team of pugs that worked well together.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    There are the actual Premades (obvious when they're all in the same guild) and then there is something that comes about because of faction imbalance as well. If one side is a major underdog in terms of faction population imbalance at a given time, even if they are from different shards in the cluster - they're almost always playing together.

This is the more common culprit.

Player on Side A looks at the names on their team - they're almost always different. They look at the names on the other team - they're almost always the same. Without even checking the shards, they assume that they are facing a Premade.

No, they are not a "Premade" - but they are a group that plays together often - have learned to work together - it is the same people, not a case of having that mixed bag that the other side experiences. While they're not a "Premade", they're definitely going to have the advantage over the mixed bag PUG.

Yep, I've had this happen quite a few times in BG. You see the same faces a few games in a row and you definitely start playing like a premade. Call it premade-lite heh.

+ Reply to Thread