+ Reply to Thread

Thread: any tips how to reach rank 8

Soulwalker

Default any tips how to reach rank 8

* other then semi-afking through the rank 1-8 grind since u cant win anyway because the defiants can farm pvp rifts all day to rank and get eye rep to get crystals and pvp way more easily then any guardian.

* pvp quests ? do them when all defiants are at school or collecting wellfare checks.. else u will be outnumbered 20 to 1 .. even when in a raid.

Yeah, stop making assumptions about people and transfer off our battlegroup cluster if you're in it. Thanks.

You just have to keep pushing, I started the whole 1-8 grind 2 weeks ago and im almost 5 now with 700 valor. Back then my heals were crap, sure I died a bit. Won some lost some bit I pushed on and now im shining brighter. Heck defiants know that if they dont find,me and get me down quick ill out heal thr dps.

As for eye rep, I just do dailys and maybe a pvp rift here and thr, that way gives me time to farm that favor for those lessers or crystals inbetween dec or honored or revered

Get the dailies done and que for WF's when your bored. And when your not doing dailies or que'ing for WF's have fun and try to get some kills in between que's.

There really is no magic, after logging in everyday for a few months and just playing you will get there. Of course I have been enjoying the journey since r1, it was rough, but I knew if I just enjoy and play eventually the numbers will add up.

A lot of people first hit r6 in this game without pvp rifts, without dailies, without pvp rift weeklies and without bonus weekend whitefalls. If you do the quests, que for WF's, and get into some ganking/pvp rifts in between que time, that + time spent = rank 8.

Part of what makes an MMO fun is the carrot on the string. I've raided hardcore in another game and literally hit the point 1 or 2 times where I had every item in the game I wanted to have. It gets old faster than you would think. While I do look forward to being r8 and having my full set, I also know that is when curiosity to level up other classes and such starts coming into play the most. Just enjoy the game and know you'll just keep climbing up.

Banned

You've already found the most obvious answer: Walk around in warfronts and exploit anything you can. Trion won't punish you, as proven recently.

+ Reply to Thread