+ Reply to Thread

Thread: game not fun anymore ???

Telaran

Default game not fun anymore ???

pve is pve so what, pvp is where it's at in most gmes *raids here are nice I've heard bu thavent' reached it yet*

because i play games mostly for the pvp, the pvp system in this particular game is so downing it's not even funny. it makes you feel so worthless and crappy

rank 3 now and i don't think theirs been but 1 or two black gardens that we've actually won, rank 8's are prettymuch unkillable for me, and with thier gear they 2-3 shot me without any difficulties. so i'm supposed to deal with being 2-3 shot for a month or longer till i hit r4-6 which i could then possibly do something, and another month before I'm on the same lvl

i may leave this game just because of that one reason right there rank 6-8 are all over the place any anything under 5-6 seems fairly useless. do jack for dmg to the higher ranks, and they hit you harder due to their higher dmg escalated from their gear. why would i wanna deal with not even being a contender in pvp till r5+

pls give me a reason in pvp that's actually worth staying for, cause this horrendious difference in gear is just way to much of a gap that i can barely do jack.

Banned

welcome to instance PvP grind..

Personally I don't see any fun in that.. Well.. take that back, I loved doing CounterStrike Source if you can avoid people with cheat programs.. I like a RvR format, or at least an entire zone to fight over like Blizz's Wintergrasp.. I even enjoyed AV battleground.. I agree tho, the gear disparity is terrible, but that is the carrot to keep you playing.. I'm waiting for GW2 to do any PvP..

If you are just going into Warfronts alone then of course you are going to egt owned, gather 1 or two friends and work together.Focus fire your targets down.

People on this forum are growing tiresome of the same petty complaints.Keep silly complaints such as i always lose to yourself that is not Rifts fault you lose.

Telaran

it is however their fault for not bracketing it up so you don't half to face r8's as a low rank and unable to hardly scratch them, i mean even in zoomancer spec with split personality under lich form i can still barely do much.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Warbs View Post
    If you are just going into Warfronts alone then of course you are going to egt owned, gather 1 or two friends and work together.Focus fire your targets down.

People on this forum are growing tiresome of the same petty complaints.Keep silly complaints such as i always lose to yourself that is not Rifts fault you lose.
    Actually, Rift has more to do with that than you clearly want to believe.

Pre-mades of any size should not be requred to win or enjoy Rift PvP and as it stands, they or being rank 8 are really the only way to win.

Face it, Rift PvP is in an atrocious state for anyone who does not fall into either one of those categories.

Quote Originally Posted by cyborgtemplar View Post
    pve is pve so what, pvp is where it's at in most gmes *raids here are nice I've heard bu thavent' reached it yet*

because i play games mostly for the pvp, the pvp system in this particular game is so downing it's not even funny. it makes you feel so worthless and crappy

rank 3 now and i don't think theirs been but 1 or two black gardens that we've actually won, rank 8's are prettymuch unkillable for me, and with thier gear they 2-3 shot me without any difficulties. so i'm supposed to deal with being 2-3 shot for a month or longer till i hit r4-6 which i could then possibly do something, and another month before I'm on the same lvl

i may leave this game just because of that one reason right there rank 6-8 are all over the place any anything under 5-6 seems fairly useless. do jack for dmg to the higher ranks, and they hit you harder due to their higher dmg escalated from their gear. why would i wanna deal with not even being a contender in pvp till r5+

pls give me a reason in pvp that's actually worth staying for, cause this horrendious difference in gear is just way to much of a gap that i can barely do jack.
    Doing black garden at rank 3 is usually a bad idea. Its a straight death match and whoever has the most gear will win.

Telaran

true that, but the gaps are just insane. i hit players for very very little dmg in pvp atm. along with high hp pools and constant heals, it just gets out of hand. the dmg boost ect of r6-8 don't help matters any. i play games almost exclusively for their pvp, this game had great pvp up till 50.

now the moment i go into WF i expect to either dot with lock/domi adding in summons. or using a 2 mintue cd combo on zoomancer just to try and get a kill. and even those aren't that usefull since once you use zoomancers they just focus fire you and that only takes like 1 r6-8. my lock does ok but hey those are the only things that don't seem to be effected by valor. their dmg in pvp isn't to much under their pvp dmg or so it seems. but the fact remains the difference is enormious making it increseangly difficult to lvl up prestiege.

it wouldn't be so bad if i gained 1-2k+ per run even if i lost but that's not gonna happen i get 300-800 when i loose while they get 1.2-2k+. the only run i can seem to be useful in anymore is the new whitefall and that's only because theirs so many r6-8's around, to distract from little old me . 2 50's one can only use 2 different specs to be useful, the other is only useful in 1, and that's just for a spammable purge which gets really old

ps: all in all, with how long it takes to lvl up prestiege + r6-8 destroying it's just way to much of a downer that it's very difficult to get the motivation to even play pvp muchless play it extensively for a month or so to reach their lvl. i strongly agree with rank 1-4 and 5-8 brackets since 1-4 is the newbie prestiege even 3-4 don't give you much it's about similar stats to t2 gear so nothing special. 5-8 starts getting much better stats and high valor for dmg reduction close to t3 gear ect. so that's when the curve starts to take the big hit so it's a good separation point as well as it's the 1/2 way mark.
    Last edited by cyborgtemplar; 08-23-2011 at 03:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warbs View Post
    PUG vs. Premade?
    Lack of PvP Progression Separation?
    Broken Combat Mechanics?
    Poorly Balanced Ascended Class System?

You say the player, eh? Not Trion, right?

Um, okay...er...

Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Please Trion/Rift -valor- is ****! in rank 2 i have 425 valor means 17% reduced dmg! rank 8 has like 80% reduced dmge... on a dummy i hit 2k and on a player in bg 500 max....

I am serious how thought of that :S Gear>skills really nice ....

How easy is it to nerf valor next patch? make the stats on pvp gear balanced make the game a lot of fun and win more and more placers.

+ Reply to Thread