+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestion: Stopping all the pvp QQ about faction inbalance

Rift Disciple

Default Suggestion: Stopping all the pvp QQ about faction inbalance

In my shard group we lose warfronts 90% of the times for most of the day except on peak hours when our probability goes up by maybe 20%. Like the shard group i play on i would bet that there are many other shard groups on the same situation when one side completely overpowers the other.

My suggestion is simple. When you press K the warfront menu comes up and you select the warfront you wanna que. However there is not only 2 buttons for each warfront because you add a 3rd one. This third button let's will be a rank based warfront and everyone in that warfront is between certain ranks.

For example rank 1/2 have their own que, 3/4 together,5/6 and lastly 7/8. This ensures there is balance between the faction because a player cannot completely outgear someone in this kind of que.

Granting the ques will be longer however players gearing up will have a more fun experience as they will actually get a CHANCE to do something and make a change in their warfronts. Personally i would love to wait 15 min + for a fun warfront a lot more then get a insta que to getting farmed.

If ques are too big then the system might be split into 3 groups instead of 4 (ranks 1/2/3 together 4/5/6 and 7/8).

Note: People can still que for a regular warfront that people from all levels can join so most of the people might still go on the regular warfront for the faster que time however this gives more enjoyment and balance to the game.

A premade could still happen if all the ranks in the team are the same but because the people will not outgear you by a lot it won't mean it's gonna be a certain win.
    Last edited by SmAcAholic; 08-22-2011 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SmAcAholic View Post
    In my shard group we lose warfronts 90% of the times for most of the day except on peak hours when our probability goes up by maybe 20%. Like the shard group i play on i would bet that there are many other shard groups on the same situation when one side completely overpowers the other.

My suggestion is simple. When you press K the warfront menu comes up and you select the warfront you wanna que. However there is not only 2 buttons for each warfront because you add a 3rd one. This third button let's will be a rank based warfront and everyone in that warfront is between certain ranks.

For example rank 1/2 have their own que, 3/4 together,5/6 and lastly 7/8. This ensures there is balance between the faction because a player cannot completely outgear someone in this kind of que.

Granting the ques will be longer however players gearing up will have a more fun experience as they will actually get a CHANCE to do something and make a change in their warfronts. Personally i would love to wait 15 min + for a fun warfront a lot more then get a insta que to getting farmed.

If ques are too big then the system might be split into 3 groups instead of 4 (ranks 1/2/3 together 4/5/6 and 7/8).

Note: People can still que for a regular warfront that people from all levels can join so most of the people might still go on the regular warfront for the faster que time however this gives more enjoyment and balance to the game.

A premade could still happen if all the ranks in the team are the same but because the people will not outgear you by a lot it won't mean it's gonna be a certain win.

I like your idea except for having to wait a lot longer to get in a game. On the other hand, there might be a lot more games because it would be more fun for people of all ranks, except for people that get off on crushing R1 when they're R8 - but, screw them.

Deciding where to set the brackets would be challenging.

They could give more favor for doing the games that are open to everyone.

They're going to do something to offset the huge disparity between R8 and R1 because right now it's like 50s playing in the 30s bracket.

It will be interesting to see what they decide to do and I vote for something similar to what you're suggesting.
    Last edited by Rakkasa; 08-22-2011 at 11:58 PM.

Rift Disciple

Well this is completely optional for the people that do not mind the que times.
    You can still regular que. They can fancy the code up a bit because usually the more powerful side also has the more people pvping so they have bigger ques but they usually win. Well they can shorten their ques up a bit because if they solo que and they are rank 4 they can end up on a rank based match (only because they have more people from one side).
    In the long run the other side will get rank 8's faster so even if in the beginning the ques for high ranked players will be bad for the side that has more people it will even out as people will have more fun and pvp more to the highest ranks.
    But seriusly the high rank players on the side that always wins are probably bored by now and have nothing to buy with the favor so i bet they would like the challenge of fighting only their own rank even if it means waiting a few more minutes.

Not to be negative nor play Devil's Advocate, so to speak...

...but such a system would affect queues.

Say you have X number of people that are joining queues. If you split X into Y and Z, because there are different queue types - depending on how they split (taking into account faction imbalance), it could get pretty ugly.

We saw this issue when after 118 days, Trion attempted to implement the separation of PUGs and Premades. Thing is...they did not just split X into Y and Z. They also introduced new PvE content - both World and Instanced PvVE. This further split X.

There are a lot of factors that Trion would have to look into when addressing any of the queue issues/requests...and it would be something they would have to continue to monitor (could not simply fire and forget).
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Quote Originally Posted by SmAcAholic View Post

all the bad players will still click the random button to hope there rank 6+ will be put against rank 1 players.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    Not to be negative nor play Devil's Advocate, so to speak...

...but such a system would affect queues.

Say you have X number of people that are joining queues. If you split X into Y and Z, because there are different queue types - depending on how they split (taking into account faction imbalance), it could get pretty ugly.

We saw this issue when after 118 days, Trion attempted to implement the separation of PUGs and Premades. Thing is...they did not just split X into Y and Z. They also introduced new PvE content - both World and Instanced PvVE. This further split X.

There are a lot of factors that Trion would have to look into when addressing any of the queue issues/requests...and it would be something they would have to continue to monitor (could not simply fire and forget).
    Well i am sorry but short que times are not what makes a game good. Longer que would actually make warfronts mean something if they are intersting. We have to wait for t2's sometimes for over 15 minutes but guess what? we still do it.

Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuckie View Post
    all the bad players will still click the random button to hope there rank 6+ will be put against rank 1 players.
    True and they might get em too once in a while but not as often as right now witch really will pull people to better they're play.

Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuckie View Post
    And all the solo queuers and all the friends who want to play together and all the premades without high ranked healers.

+ Reply to Thread