+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49

Thread: NERF or BUFF: PvP Synergy Crystals

  1. #1
    Champion of Telara Nnnxia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,303

    Default NERF or BUFF: PvP Synergy Crystals

    Big oversight here on Trion's itemizer's part.

    Currently PvP r7 synergy crystals give +200AP for war/rogue classes and +200SP for cleric/mages

    However as we all know SP and AP scales differently for war/rogue vs cleric/mages.

    This is evident in the Words of War trinkets where the cleric/mage equivalent is half (+125SP) vs the war/rogue +250AP.

    Solution is pretty simple: Either buff the War/rogue AP crystals to +400AP or Nerf the mage/clerics to +100SP.

    Thanks.
    Last edited by Nnnxia; 08-22-2011 at 11:20 PM.

  2. #2
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    76

    Default

    It's called hidden caster buff

  3. #3
    Banned winner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nnnxia View Post
    Big oversight here on Trion's itemizer's part.

    Currently PvP r7 synergy crystals give +200AP for war/rogue classes and +200SP for cleric/mages

    However as we all know SP and AP scales differently for war/rogue vs cleric/mages.

    This is evident in the Words of War trinkets where the cleric/mage equivalent is half (+125SP) vs the war/rogue +250AP.

    Solution is pretty simple: Either buff the War/rogue AP crystals to +400AP or Nerf the mage/clerics to +100SP.

    Thanks.
    Another generation Me me me me me me player fck off do some homework,talk to ya mum we dont want ya here

  4. #4
    Rift Master RubberDuckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nnnxia View Post
    Big oversight here on Trion's itemizer's part.

    Currently PvP r7 synergy crystals give +200AP for war/rogue classes and +200SP for cleric/mages

    However as we all know SP and AP scales differently for war/rogue vs cleric/mages.

    This is evident in the Words of War trinkets where the cleric/mage equivalent is half (+125SP) vs the war/rogue +250AP.

    Solution is pretty simple: Either buff the War/rogue AP crystals to +400AP or Nerf the mage/clerics to +100SP.

    Thanks.
    i actualy totaly agree with this idea. AP is harder to raise than spell power were as a rank 8 rogue or warrior will be running around with 900 atk power a rank 8 mage and cleric will be running around with 2k+ spell power. and then wonder why cleric heal and dps so much and mages do so much dps in 1 go.

    id say more like increase the rogue and warrior sysnergy crystal to more like 600 hp and 300 atk power

  5. #5
    Champion of Telara Nnnxia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    Another generation Me me me me me me player fck off do some homework,talk to ya mum we dont want ya here
    go back to your tower wizard boy

  6. #6
    Ascendant BishopX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,622

    Default

    yet for some reason all the damage done in warfronts is still rank 7-8 warriors and rogues...



    this is not because everyone who happens to roll a mage or cleric is all of the sudden BAD
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

  7. #7
    Sword of Telara utterchaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    846

    Default

    Spell coefficents are low on most of our spells except for our aoe's. I do believe the avg for direct damage spells is 40%, Whats ap coefficents for attacks?

  8. #8
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nnnxia View Post
    Big oversight here on Trion's itemizer's part.

    Currently PvP r7 synergy crystals give +200AP for war/rogue classes and +200SP for cleric/mages

    However as we all know SP and AP scales differently for war/rogue vs cleric/mages.

    This is evident in the Words of War trinkets where the cleric/mage equivalent is half (+125SP) vs the war/rogue +250AP.

    Solution is pretty simple: Either buff the War/rogue AP crystals to +400AP or Nerf the mage/clerics to +100SP.

    Thanks.
    Melee R8 weapons are much bigger upgrades then the caster weapons. The synergy crystals are there to fix that difference.

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,471

    Default

    since AP is obviously worth more per point than SP (as thats how its designed it).. wouldn't it it make since to up to sp bonus to 400sp and keep the ap at 200ap)

    That would make more sense.. what the OP is asking is backwards..
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

  10. #10
    RIFT Guide Writer Gyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,009

    Default

    I am confused... everything in this game that i have seen tells me that caster Spell Power should be HIGHER on any given piece of equipment than the attack power on a similar piece of melee gear. This, as i understand it is because all of our stuff calculates from WEAPON damage, and AP figures in to that calculation. Where as caster spells have no WEAPON damage to calculate from, making their spell power their weapon. If anything casters should be complaining that the numbers are even close to the same. It seems to me that the caster synergy crystal should have closer to 400 sp for the 200 ap bonus that we get. None the less, both synergy crystals are ridiculously overpowered as it is, and both need an epic nerf, like cut them in half or more.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

  11. #11
    Plane Touched Scarletroses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nnnxia View Post
    Big oversight here on Trion's itemizer's part.

    Currently PvP r7 synergy crystals give +200AP for war/rogue classes and +200SP for cleric/mages

    However as we all know SP and AP scales differently for war/rogue vs cleric/mages.

    This is evident in the Words of War trinkets where the cleric/mage equivalent is half (+125SP) vs the war/rogue +250AP.

    Solution is pretty simple: Either buff the War/rogue AP crystals to +400AP or Nerf the mage/clerics to +100SP.

    Thanks.
    World of warcraft =/ rift Thats your problem. Look into the mechanics more before you do something like this.

  12. #12
    Prophet of Telara Shhhh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nnnxia View Post
    Big oversight here on Trion's itemizer's part.

    Currently PvP r7 synergy crystals give +200AP for war/rogue classes and +200SP for cleric/mages

    However as we all know SP and AP scales differently for war/rogue vs cleric/mages.

    This is evident in the Words of War trinkets where the cleric/mage equivalent is half (+125SP) vs the war/rogue +250AP.

    Solution is pretty simple: Either buff the War/rogue AP crystals to +400AP or Nerf the mage/clerics to +100SP.

    Thanks.
    I agree if you nerf the warrior and rogue weapons then since obviously their weapons scale WAY better than a mages staff. Or you could shut tfu and stop looking at 1 element of a big picture just because it favors your argument.
    Last edited by Shhhh; 08-23-2011 at 05:56 AM.

  13. #13
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    yet for some reason all the damage done in warfronts is still rank 7-8 warriors and rogues...



    this is not because everyone who happens to roll a mage or cleric is all of the sudden BAD
    I think it's just a matter of who is a good player or not.

    I can top most of the dmg meters if I try to as a rogue. But theres a certain mage I play with time to time in my cluster who is just a monster. A mage who can stay alive and knows what they are doing will take a dump on everyones DPS. I watched their damage for a moment I died in a match. I just saw the numbers going up in chunks. 55k 62k 69k 72k 79k 84k And we'd almost always win when me and said mage were on the other team. They were just a monster...and their gear was all standard. Not full r8 gear, no relic items. But damage is very subjective and isn't always related to winning. But sometimes if you have enuf raw brutal damage that wins games well.

    I don't know warriors well but only think I can think of is they have a balls-to-wall AoE sort of spec. or a Spec that does heavy aoe damage. Couple that with being a fighter that only needs 1 healer to have some mega survivability and they just get a go at hitting people for a longer time. A mage or Cab starts AoE'ing a **** storm and someone picks them off fast usually. You usually can't just 'pick off' a warrior fast.

    Just my perception of it. I've seen all the classes dominate hard core when a good player is behind them.


    As far as the synergy crystal thing. The premise of it makes sense. They put equal numbers on the crystals but in reality when the numbers come into classes equations for output they are not equal. 250 - 300 AP wouldn't be a terrible boost at all. Not very overpowering imo. Also calling for nerfs is always bad. It's all just numbers and balance. 2 : 2 is as even as 3000 : 3000, you can balance without nerfing almost every time.
    Last edited by Violacea; 08-23-2011 at 06:05 AM.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Vayra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,073

    Default

    Look at the p8 weapons. The weapon dps on those weapons are insane and will more than make up for any loss from the synergy crystals.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

  15. #15
    Prophet of Telara Shhhh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    Look at the p8 weapons. The weapon dps on those weapons are insane and will more than make up for any loss from the synergy crystals.
    They're obviously too 'smart' to do that... That's why they're rogues and warriors....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts