+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Remove Slip Away, Buff Damage

Default Remove Slip Away, Buff Damage

I think the majority of people would be happy with this.
    People aren't happy with the fact rogues can just slip away and rogues aren't happy with the damage they can do.
    This would be a overall solution to keep both sides happy.
    Let me know your thoughts?

What do you mean by buff damage? How exactly are you going to buff damage?

Plane Touched

Slip Away is the Rogue's core mechanism for survivability. Each class has their own - you are suggesting that Trion remove what little survivability the Rogue class currently has.

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimoo View Post
    Slip Away is the Rogue's core mechanism for survivability. Each class has their own - you are suggesting that Trion remove what little survivability the Rogue class currently has.
    You're confusing the two. Rogues have plenty of escapability. They have very little survivability.

Escapability is negligible in a group setting, like warfronts.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzy View Post
    Remove Slip Away, Buff Damage
    So make rogues warriors?
    No.
    also, why do people complain about slip away, as if all rogues were using slip away?
    You guys never play with/against bards? Marksmans? Run-spec'ed rogues?

Anyway, as said, remove slip away/buff damage = warrior.
    Slip away is fine, and rogue's damage ( not necessarily slip-away rogue's damage ) is fine.

Slip-away rogues aren't doing great in warfronts against equally skilled/ranked opponents. It's a ganking build, that's it. (Or a "I don't want to pvp so don't bother attacking me!" build).

Slip way is on a 2 min cooldown, it's not like you can base your whole warfront strategy around that. 90% of the time in the warfront, you're not using slip away.

if you think rogues damage is fine i will get a video of a p6 rogue beating on an r8 mage and not being able to kill him after 10 minutes.

note: the r8 mage isnt attacking back

...and healing from healers, armor from warriors, aoe from mages.

Plane Touched

Some of you don't need to be in here because basically, you don't know jack.

Rogues already have least survivability out of every class + no heals.

We use slip away which breaks in 15 secs against any skilled opponent.

Our bursts are easily healed through, and then when are CDs are down, game over.

Ascendant

assassins will need to be scrapped and started over to produce a warrior-like assault class in order to make everyone happy about slip away.

assassins have 0 survival, 0 damage. they are only good for being pesky and distracting

Everyone that's not an assassin is fine with their damage and survival but not with their peskiness and distractions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Ascendant

So I was hanging around Statue in the Codex yesterday, doing my usual thing of capping it and then harassing the several people that show up to get it back, delaying them long enough for my team to cap Codex. And at one point there are like six guardians on this flag that I've managed to keep off of it for about 30 seconds between saps, opening and tab-shooting them, poison gas, and slipping away to do it again (all too busy clicking the flag to actually turn around and kill the person keeping them off of it).

And at one point one of them says, "***** rogue, all you can do".

And I'm like, "Bro, there's six of you and one of me. What do you want me to do, stand still and take it?"

People won't be happy until rogues are literally incapable of doing anything. See also: "Rogue damage is ****, Rogue survivability is ****, but you can run flags so nerf plz."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Isila View Post
    So I was hanging around Statue in the Codex yesterday, doing my usual thing of capping it and then harassing the several people that show up to get it back, delaying them long enough for my team to cap Codex. And at one point there are like six guardians on this flag that I've managed to keep off of it for about 30 seconds between saps, opening and tab-shooting them, poison gas, and slipping away to do it again (all too busy clicking the flag to actually turn around and kill the person keeping them off of it).

And at one point one of them says, "***** rogue, all you can do".

And I'm like, "Bro, there's six of you and one of me. What do you want me to do, stand still and take it?"

People won't be happy until rogues are literally incapable of doing anything. See also: "Rogue damage is ****, Rogue survivability is ****, but you can run flags so nerf plz."
    pretty much. and you were only able to do all of that because the team was full of morons. any capable team would send 1 or 2 to take care of you, its like you can lost hope anymore

Posted this is a similar thread already

removing slip away and buffing rogues damage = nerfing assassin and buffing the other 7 souls. Even if the assassin had a boost of damage, the loss of slip away would take away access to their slew of most powerful attacks mid combat. Not only are they the most powerful assassin attacks, but one is a stun, and they all award 3 combo points when used, which in itself is just another fast build up for another fast finisher. This is such a simplistic viewing of the overall situation. Removing slip away and buffing damage would do exactly what I said. Nerf assassins, and buff the other 7 rogue souls. I have 4 setups and Assassin spec is only one I'd even bother to use slip away on.

It's also been gone over in many threads that slip away isn't only a evasive maneuver to escape combat but also serves as a major crutch to maintain and finish off as a victor in combats. This is sort of why we don't have things like heals. While warriors do only have one on a mega long cool down, it is a % based full heal and their toe to toe combat survivability makes most rogues look like a joke. We can't heal and we can't fight toe to toe, but we can evade and make ourself immune for a quick burst or crutch moment. A lot of times I slip away mid combat and attack as fast as I can so that the opponent is beating on me for a couple second of immunity. Slip away just isn't a stand alone ability, it correlates and aids in many areas of the assassin soul gameplay.

All most complaining outsiders see if someone they were about to kill vanish and not die. Good for them, it's all they really have going for them for survivability. Catch a rogue unprepared, they are screwed usually.
    Last edited by Violacea; 08-23-2011 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzy View Post
    I think the majority of people would be happy with this.
    People aren't happy with the fact rogues can just slip away and rogues aren't happy with the damage they can do.
    This would be a overall solution to keep both sides happy.
    Let me know your thoughts?
    Worked fine for 5 years in WoW... and works fine here.... And why the whine all of sudden?
    Its been there since beta?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Blays View Post
    Worked fine for 5 years in WoW... and works fine here.... And why the whine all of sudden?
    Its been there since beta?
    because there is a quest for killing 25 players in a zone and the only pvp that happens there is:

assassins ganking players

zergs finding the assassins

so the zergs, and gank targets are getting mad because it takes them longer to finish the quest because rogues are able to hide from a sure-loss as a side effect of their design

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    because there is a quest for killing 25 players in a zone and the only pvp that happens there is:

assassins ganking players

zergs finding the assassins

so the zergs, and gank targets are getting mad because it takes them longer to finish the quest because rogues are able to hide from a sure-loss as a side effect of their design
    oh now it all makes sense.

Nerf the quest...
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast