+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Damage in PVP is too high with P8 gear

Default Damage in PVP is too high with P8 gear

I think either more valor needs to be put on gear or valor's damage reduction levels should be raised.

Quote Originally Posted by GLopez View Post
    I think either more valor needs to be put on gear or valor's damage reduction levels should be raised.
    Ya definitely!

Then instead of Rank 1s hitting 8s for 50/100 per attack, they will only hit 30s!
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
    Ya definitely!

Then instead of Rank 1s hitting 8s for 50/100 per attack, they will only hit 30s!
    This is fair and legal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Plane Touched

Rank 1's shouldn't even be put in the position to have to fight Rank 8's, they don't stand a chance. I.e. Warfronts should be separated 1-4 and 5-8.

Quote Originally Posted by Israfael View Post
    Rank 1's shouldn't even be put in the position to have to fight Rank 8's, they don't stand a chance. I.e. Warfronts should be separated 1-4 and 5-8.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-brackets.html

I know this. You know this. Trion...doesn't know this.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

The P1 vs. P8 issue is a separate problem. Personally, I think P1 to P6 should be extremely fast and then P7 and P8 can be the true grinds that keep people playing. They could obviously adjust this every time they add new ranks so only the last tier of gear is a grind.

But, really, balance at high-end feels ridiculous. The lack of valor on the new tier of gear has made burst damage too high for some classes.
    Last edited by GLopez; 08-22-2011 at 11:04 PM.

i liked pvp in WoW before resilience was introduced. (valor equivalent) each fight only lasted a few seconds, and you had to pick each move carefully to determine the outcome. mistakes were very unforgiving.

i should clarify thats in response to the OP and valor, not the bracket issue. i already supported splitting up brackets in the suggestion thread.
    Last edited by TheDrizzle404; 08-22-2011 at 11:09 PM.

The P1 vs. P8 issue is a separate problem. Personally, I think P1 to P6 should be extremely fast and then P7 and P8 can be the true grinds that keep people playing. They could obviously adjust this every time they add new ranks so only the last tier of gear is a grind.

But, really, balance at high-end feels ridiculous. The lack of valor on the new tier of gear has made burst damage too high for some classes.
    The issue is that players need to do roughly Hammerknell-level damage by R7 or R8, the way it's all designed, but that results in killing other R7/R8s much too fast. So all that Valor helps them out.

What that really means is that anyone lower than Rank 5 going against these guys will, and as the system dictates must, get creamed. Strategy be damned.

Until we separate the Prestige Ranks (a thousand Rank 8s suddenly cry out in anguish as their easy kills go away). It seems too late to remove Valor and highly-powerful R7/8 gear, which would be the ideal road.
    Last edited by Morvick; 08-22-2011 at 11:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle404 View Post
    i liked pvp in WoW before resilience was introduced. (valor equivalent) each fight only lasted a few seconds, and you had to pick each move carefully to determine the outcome. mistakes were very unforgiving.
    I liked it much more also but problem there was PvE gear in PvP.

Biggest problem was that PvP gear could not compete with PvE gear in PvP and they introduced Resillience.
    IMHO, they should simply create PvP gear which is quality same with PvE gear but with small difference - PvE gear should have higher offensive stats and lower stamina and PvP gear should have little lower offensive stats but higher stamina.
    IMHO, would be much better than introducing Resillience as PvE gear would be useful in PvP but not best one while PvP gear would be useful in PvE but not best one.
    With Resillience (and here copied Valor) PvE gear is useless in PvP (except weapons) and PvP gear is more or less not so good in PvE (OK, with introduction of synergy crystals P6/P8 PvP gear also become very good in PvE).

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Morvick View Post

Until we separate the Prestige Ranks (a thousand Rank 8s suddenly cry out in anguish as their easy kills go away).
    They might be bored to tears waiting for a queue to pop but I doubt most, or at least many would mind some sort of challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeks View Post
    They might be bored to tears waiting for a queue to pop but I doubt most, or at least many would mind some sort of challenge.
    This.

If queue times are relatively good I'd love to just play only people of similar gear.

Low valor pug facerolls are about as fun as corpse camping a level 30.

We've resorted to 5-man sync queueing with another group on the other side.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    This.

We've resorted to 5-man sync queueing with another group on the other side.
    This is the best thing to do.
    But it is a shame that gamers have to trick the system to have any fun in this game.

And 90% of us premade players don't mind a good challenging fight but sometimes it seems to me Trion hates fun and they don't want anybody else to have fun either.
    Last edited by Kaiserkrieger; 08-23-2011 at 01:13 AM.

there is already enough valor in the game, you can get +33 valor essences now and there are 6 diffrent ones you can stack in your core.

the valor cap currently is 1299 and thats roughly 50% reduction i think. valor is already a problem in pvp because of healers. i still think the valor cap should be 1k maximum.

there will be a big diffrent from rank 1 to 8 this is why warfronts need to have a rank limit of say 1 to 4 and 5 to 8

Plane Touched

Queue times should not go up drastically as I believe there are already a lot of P5-P8 geared people on every server to populate the upper bracket. And more are entering that range every day.

And if the size if the population isn't big enough to sustain fast queue times Trion can always merge even more servers into the wargroups. This would also fix it that people don't have to always fight the same people then.
    Last edited by Israfael; 08-23-2011 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Israfael View Post
    Queue times should not go up drastically as I believe there are already a lot of P5-P8 geared people on every server to populate the upper bracket. And more are entering that range every day.

And if the size if the population isn't big enough to sustain fast queue times Trion can always merge even more servers into the wargroups. This would also fix it that people don't have to always fight the same people then.
    merging more servers into the wargroups would be a bad idea unless its PVE servers vs PVE servers and PVP server vs PVP servers i got this great idea from a player in game <--- this is not my idea

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast