+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why I afk in WFs

Telaran

Default Why I afk in WFs

Well i dont really afk but i dont participate either. Just hit lvl 50 and out of 10 games i have 0 kills because i get 2 shot by people wearing t6 pvp gear. GG trion so ill watch anime while im in the WF. <3

Telaran

This is the part where you play to support your team and not charge face first into the fray so you can die. It's a different concept from the pre50 wfs.

As a warrior new to level 50 warfronts (rank 2)
    I would do these things most of the time:

1. use my cc to help my team members
    2. if it is something like whitefall i would stay at base at yell out when a foe was around, plus keep taking the movement buff (the blue ball) when it pops up, so the foe will have more difficulty leaving our base.

Other that that, i make sure that i am around team members and KS (shhh)

Quote Originally Posted by Veiny View Post
    As a warrior new to level 50 warfronts (rank 2)
    I would do these things most of the time:

1. use my cc to help my team members
    2. if it is something like whitefall i would stay at base at yell out when a foe was around, plus keep taking the movement buff (the blue ball) when it pops up, so the foe will have more difficulty leaving our base.

Other that that, i make sure that i am around team members and KS (shhh)

Yep, good post.

At Rank 2, your Battlefield Intimidation or Lingering Wounds still have the same effect, you ability to stealth and steal stuff still works and your ability to heal from a distance still happens.

Just stay out of death trap AoEs and try not to find yourself alone when it matters.
    Kharnak- Warrior- Faeblight

<-- Has a R2 Warrior and R2 Rogue. Both died pitifully (and very very frequently) to AoE cf's until I learned to do what the posters above me suggested. You are no longer the Level 49 Melee God you were until so very recently. I'm just going to suck it up and learn to play the support train for a while till I get a decent-ish rank.
    Space Core: I'm in Space.
    Wheatley: I know you are, mate! Yep, we're both in space.
    Space Core: SPAAAAACE!

Quote Originally Posted by Riftmonkey69 View Post
    Well i dont really afk but i dont participate either. Just hit lvl 50 and out of 10 games i have 0 kills because i get 2 shot by people wearing t6 pvp gear. GG trion so ill watch anime while im in the WF. <3
    Are you a rogue? Go 44+ MM and spam the everloving **** out of Eradicate. Assist off the highest ranked/best geared warrior on your team and watch people just melt. Massive asset to the team and you're way in the back, safe from most except those smelly 51 assassins. Even at rank 7 eradicate is probably 75% of my skill usage because of how devastating it is. *DON'T* go bard - the 20m range will make you the target of everyone on the other side and they will annihilate you.

Are you a mage? Go chlorolock and piss me off beyond all comprehension. My friend is terrible at PvP and followed the chlorolock PvP guide on the mage forums and did just fine in PvE blues/T1 epics - plenty of defensive CDs, nice group healing, good support even at low gear levels.

Are you a cleric? Go heals (warden is still extremely strong, the nerf wasn't that bad) or cabalist and heal or snipe from the backline. Warden is strong hots that are stackable on multiple teammates and can't be interrupted, and cabalists are really a godsend right now for destroying bads who group up.

Are you a warrior? As the previous poster said, there's plenty of abilities that have amazing efficacy that's totally unrelated to your gear level and can easily turn the tide of a battle, especially LW.

3 of the 4 callings can perform extremely valuable battlefield positions from the safest possible position, and I'm sure there's ways to make it work for warriors too. Don't be a gigantic drain on your team - despite what the CoD bros say, personal KBs aren't everything.
    Last edited by Carthoris; 08-22-2011 at 07:05 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sumfizz View Post
    This is the part where you play to support your team and not charge face first into the fray so you can die. It's a different concept from the pre50 wfs.
    You know, people always say this.

But as a sin in warfronts? Very first target I go for is the squishy Marksman, Cabalist, or Dom with less than 5K HP. Free KB and -1 support for their team.
    Last edited by Isila; 08-22-2011 at 07:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

Rift Master

a warrior is the head of the battle, the healers are the neck leading them in the right direction..

i know my limits and if i don't have heals i can only suicide bomb kill a squishy, bloodthirsty just isn't as good as it used 2 be when dmg wasn't so powerful as it is now..
    Last edited by Gill; 08-23-2011 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Reply to a post that was removed
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On4xojWEe8s - working again /auto swap, not my music!
    1.3 PvP Vids

1.4 is here check it out!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs5z3ydavoQ

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Toothsome View Post
    a warrior is the head of the battle, the healers are the neck leading them in the right direction..

i know my limits and if i don't have heals i can only suicide bomb kill a squishy, bloodthirsty just isn't as good as it used 2 be when dmg wasn't so powerful as it is now..
    So i would advise not ostracizing clerics. You need them, you know you need them.

I'll admit it, you're a damn good warrior. But, you can be guaranteed I won't be healing you. Any heals you do receive from me will be incidental group heals that you happened to be close for. I am not going out of my way to do a thing for you. I would rather eat a few more losses than heal a self righteous, entitlement ***** such as yourself.
    Last edited by Gill; 08-23-2011 at 06:42 AM. Reason: rude

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lilholymon View Post
    So i would advise not ostracizing clerics. You need them, you know you need them.

I'll admit it, you're a damn good warrior. But, you can be guaranteed I won't be healing you. Any heals you do receive from me will be incidental group heals that you happened to be close for. I am not going out of my way to do a thing for you. I would rather eat a few more losses than heal a self righteous, entitlement ***** such as yourself.
    lmao, love you too, i guess ur 1 of those dps clerics i report afk to get an hour debuff on haha.
    Last edited by Gill; 08-23-2011 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Reply to a post that was removed
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On4xojWEe8s - working again /auto swap, not my music!
    1.3 PvP Vids

Ascendant

If we lose the battle in the middle and don't immediately get it back, I just sit around. Waste of time. People yell at you to charge in and then not 1 green number flows off you. Can all get stuffed. I'll just collect my loser favour and watch TV.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Toothsome View Post
    lmao, love you too, i guess ur 1 of those dps clerics i report afk to get an hour debuff on haha.
    Hardly. I rarely go into wf's as DPS. I just realize that you are a total *****. And I wish Trion would do something about the harassment you toss out every WF, including afk reporting those whose spec you disagree with, as you have openly admitted to here.
    Last edited by Gill; 08-23-2011 at 06:46 AM. Reason: language

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrifter View Post
    Dude you are rank 8 already with full PvP gear. Why even bother anymore?

Jessejane R7 Mage
    Seastone

people who play this game for the ranks, are in for a long grind.. i play it for the thrill of the fight.
    1.3 PvP Vids

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lilholymon View Post
    Hardly. I rarely go into wf's as DPS. I just realize that you are a total *****. And I wish Trion would do something about the harassment you toss out every WF, including afk reporting those whose spec you disagree with, as you have openly admitted to here.
    i find it a great educational tool, sorry ^^
    Last edited by Gill; 08-23-2011 at 06:46 AM.
    1.3 PvP Vids

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Riftmonkey69 View Post
    That is the problem in how Trion developed PvP and gear in Rifts. Besides the fact that players can literally do nothing in a warfront to get favor/prestige, armor and resists are largely pointless, instead it is how much valor you have (well and healing clerics). It is rather unfortunate on how gear in this game was designed. The PvP gear is the most important stuff you can get for a majority of your game play with the exception of hammerknell.

I only wore my T3 armor when I was in hammerknell because I needed the 320 focus, but when synergy crystals and set bonuses came into the game at 1.4 I then had more SP in my t6 PvP gear then I did in my PvE gear, that and when I ran around the world I had way more survivability. The PvP stuff has set bonuses and synergy crystals while the T2/T3 plaque gear doesn't have either. Plus if players are on a PvP server they are favor pinatas if they aren't in PvP gear because they will have no valor. It is a crummy design.

Trion should have gotten away from valor and made armor and resists make mitigation. Warriors and clerics with plate and chain should have fared good against physical damage and been weaker to magic damage and then callings like rift blades and nightblades been magic damage in nature so that they could get around high armor classes. Buffs like stone armor for mages would have been worthwhile and then everyone would have been able to compete in PvP. PvP should have just been an alternate way to obtain gear, not a different set of gear that is worn outside of Hammerknell.

Warhammer did their PvP that way. My ironbreaker was great against squig herders, witch elves, black orcs, etc... because I was capped at 75% physical reduction, but man I could never beat chosen since they did all spiritual damage which I could only mitigate 40% of. That was a better paper/rock/scissor then what Trion has made for us.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast