+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: When will warfront outcomes stop being decided by who has more heals?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by SIbb View Post
    L2 run with Subdue tank in your premade and you will see how fast you die.
    Way to miss the point.
    Irony - Pathiss

Plane Walker

The answer is when they are going to decrease healing for real

When a r6 rog and r6 war can attack a cleric dot them strip their buffs increase their cast time and apply lingering wounds and the cleric can run all the way across the map in whitefall with a shard and never come close to dying

I personally do not think it is the number of clerics at all although when you have 2 and they have 6 you might as well just afk. You can win when you are at a disadvantage

But their healing and survivability is 10x greater then anyone else in there.

Reducing healing in WF solves the problem and not this phantom so called 15%

Quote Originally Posted by Barsh View Post
    The answer is when they are going to decrease healing for real

When a r6 rog and r6 war can attack a cleric dot them strip their buffs increase their cast time and apply lingering wounds and the cleric can run all the way across the map in whitefall with a shard and never come close to dying

I personally do not think it is the number of clerics at all although when you have 2 and they have 6 you might as well just afk. You can win when you are at a disadvantage

But their healing and survivability is 10x greater then anyone else in there.

Reducing healing in WF solves the problem and not this phantom so called 15%
    If a R6 rogue and a R6 warrior can't take down a healing cleric, they really need to learn how to play. Any duo of that makeup with competent builds/skill will take down a cleric, and if they don't, they really need to look in the mirror to see where the problem lies.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Fatalflaw View Post
    As much as people cry about lingering wounds being OP, heals are far stronger at the moment. You can tell before the match even starts when it is a loss based only on the number of healers you have vs the other team. If you have 1-3 healers and they have 5 or 6, its going to be a loss no matter how well you manage to get puggers to focus their healers. We've rolled the game back to 1.2...

Now clerics and chloros like to argue that healers must be able to outheal one dps. I say not true, and in fact being able to keep up with dps alone becomes borderline OP when you factor in multiple healers.

Simple math:
    Healer puts out more heals than a dps can damage.
    ->Healer effectively negates 1 dps class with some overflow.

Stacking healers multiplies this problem to the point that the team with 5 or 6 healers might as well have an extra 2 or 3 players. This is why heals cannot ever be greater than what a dps can expect to do. Currently heals outpace dps rather easily even WITH lingering wounds on a target. The only excuse people make for this is that it can be overcome by having more dps focused on the same target. Sorry that does not make things balanced, especially when you factor in the failure of pugs to focus anything. Oh next you'll tell me roll a premade then right? Well the game cannot be balanced around being forced into premade grouping.

So I ask you Trion, when will one DPS = one Healer?
    You just dont get it. Im not trying to insult you but I would bet you probably played mainly WOW in your MMO life. Games, all games used to be about player choice. This means it took thought and people had to play well together. Synergy was everything. There was never a game with a macro system that allowed most people to smash 2-3 buttons over and over. You had to think. If you ran up to a player or a mob and smashed buttons you died. Rift is very linear. There is no thought to any of the classes. Its very clear cut and the macro system detaches the player. This game is VERY anti group as well. It does not foster socializing and has very unhealthy server communities as a result.

-nothing to do with premades
    -nothing to do with healers
    -everything to do with game design

Never before has a game been able to dull down the flavor and veriety of fighting another person so well as Rift.

Default I actually

Quote Originally Posted by Fatalflaw View Post
    As much as people cry about lingering wounds being OP, heals are far stronger at the moment. You can tell before the match even starts when it is a loss based only on the number of healers you have vs the other team. If you have 1-3 healers and they have 5 or 6, its going to be a loss no matter how well you manage to get puggers to focus their healers. We've rolled the game back to 1.2...

Now clerics and chloros like to argue that healers must be able to outheal one dps. I say not true, and in fact being able to keep up with dps alone becomes borderline OP when you factor in multiple healers.

Simple math:
    Healer puts out more heals than a dps can damage.
    ->Healer effectively negates 1 dps class with some overflow.

Stacking healers multiplies this problem to the point that the team with 5 or 6 healers might as well have an extra 2 or 3 players. This is why heals cannot ever be greater than what a dps can expect to do. Currently heals outpace dps rather easily even WITH lingering wounds on a target. The only excuse people make for this is that it can be overcome by having more dps focused on the same target. Sorry that does not make things balanced, especially when you factor in the failure of pugs to focus anything. Oh next you'll tell me roll a premade then right? Well the game cannot be balanced around being forced into premade grouping.

So I ask you Trion, when will one DPS = one Healer?

Look at the number of Warriors we have to determine whether or now we are going to win or lose. You don't even need heals if you have enough DPS. In almost any warfront the team with the most geared Warriors win 100% of the time..

A team full of healing clerics die a slow death every game.. Been in about every possible scenario in this game and haven't found anything more accurate to determine a victory better than which team has the best geared Warriors.. Sorry, but true.

Soulwalker

If achieving top numbers is your aim, then I apologize for whatever reason that you or your teammates cannot comprehend that there are objectives in a warfront.

I have been in numerous warfronts where either my team or the other team had superior DPS, HPS, KBs, and gear, yet the underdog team still won the match because the dominating side decided to ignore the objectives or assumed someone else on the team was going to take care of it.

If I got 1 plat every time a teammate is beating on another player while ignoring the other player that walked right up next to them to pick up the stone/cap the flag, I would be able to buy out the entire auction house.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4