+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shouldn't faction transfers be a priority?

Telaran

Default Shouldn't faction transfers be a priority?

My biggest gripe with this game is the faction imbalance I'm personally experiencing. After multiple PVP server transfers, I can't seem to find a competitive warfront atmosphere. Seems guardians are getting rolled every server I've been on (most of the time, that is). Wouldn't opening up faction transfers alleviate this issue for the most part? I really would roll a defiant, but I'd be giving up hundreds of hours spent on this character.

Ascendant

faction removal should be...

does anyone care about the war between defiant and guardian? does anyone even know the lore behind it?

all the separation brings us is warfront headache
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Soulwalker

I am not sure faction transfers would resolve that problem; I think it could in fact make it worse.

Several people i have talked to would transfer thier guardians to Defients because of the larger PVP player base.

Faction transfers would be terrible, it would be impossible to stop things like PvP rift exploits, or that ******* mother****er that was grabbing stones in my Escalation map today (as a defiant) and RUNNING THEM TO THE GUARDIANS. Couldn't kill him cus he was a defiant just playing for the other team, talking **** in raid chat about how it wasn't an EULA violation and everything. Also, i care about the faction divide, i hate guardians and everything they stand for, i can't imagine why anyone would even play one.

If you want a Wargroup that has good guardians move to Briarcliff, Silkwebb, Threesprings, or any of the other shards in my Wargroup. I wouldn't go so far as to say its guardian dominant, but they are close.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Sounders Fan View Post
    I am not sure faction transfers would resolve that problem; I think it could in fact make it worse.

Several people i have talked to would transfer thier guardians to Defients because of the larger PVP player base.
    And smart players would go Guardian.

The smaller side usually has the better players in general. I'd give my left nut to xfer to guardian.

On Freeholme we're outnumbered, but never wait more than 4 minutes for queues and we win about 45% of the time. I made my home here, and imo it's better community than Sunrest or Seastone of Deepstrike.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    Faction transfers would be terrible, it would be impossible to stop things like PvP rift exploits, or that ******* mother****er that was grabbing stones in my Escalation map today (as a defiant) and RUNNING THEM TO THE GUARDIANS. Couldn't kill him cus he was a defiant just playing for the other team, talking **** in raid chat about how it wasn't an EULA violation and everything. Also, i care about the faction divide, i hate guardians and everything they stand for, i can't imagine why anyone would even play one.

If you want a Wargroup that has good guardians move to Briarcliff, Silkwebb, Threesprings, or any of the other shards in my Wargroup. I wouldn't go so far as to say its guardian dominant, but they are close.
    This is my wargroup and I'm guardian. We win a lot lately, which is new in the past month or so. I've been pvping in this cluster for a long time and I'd say we used to lose at least 60%. Pretty much as soon as threesprings got added we started winning all the time.

There seems to be an influx of guardians and a loss of defiants too. Our queue times were instant for the longest time pretty much 24/7 and they have been steadily getting longer every week. We're up to 5+ minute queues now during whitefall bonus, sometimes 7-10 minutes during the week.

I wish they would just open all of the servers to one queue cluster and separate the premades already.. The imbalances are just going to get worse and worse as people like the OP constantly chase the winning cluster. Eventually trion will have to keep coming in and mixing the clusters up to offset imbalances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
    We’re generally happy with the current state of Warriors and are continuing to monitor a number of smaller issues involving them.
    R8 Rogue
    R8 Warrior

+ Reply to Thread