+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lets buff rogues ranged damage already.

Default Lets buff rogues ranged damage already.

their burst is decent but compared to other classes (cough warrior) its laughable.

Ascendant

the melee damage could use a buff as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzy View Post
    their burst is decent but compared to other classes (cough warrior) its laughable.
    It's laughable that you really think you need more damage for your instant cast spammable attacks.
    Bokor - Cleric (Warrior Priest)

Prophet of Telara

Compared to other classes, Rogue damage is pretty low all around, and with lower survivability. There are some CD's that offer short periods of burst, but that's about it. Really needs to be looked at. Mages of course will cry because our attacks are instant, but they still top damage much more often. Mages also don't have to worry about armor or becoming mana-limited within a few attacks like Rogues do with energy, which really hurts most Rogue souls.
    Last edited by Calo; 08-22-2011 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calo View Post
    Compared to other classes, Rogue damage is pretty low all around, and with lower survivability. There are some CD's that offer short periods of burst, but that's about it. Really needs to be looked at. Mages of course will cry because our attacks are instant, but they still top damage much more often. Mages also don't have to worry about armor or becoming mana-limited within a few attacks like Rogues do with energy, which really hurts most Rogue souls.
    they also most of the time get alot of heals while putting out decent damage.

with their hybrid chloro specs.
    Last edited by Bunzy; 08-22-2011 at 03:21 PM.

Shield of Telara

They could use a very minor buff but that buff must exclude deadeye shot, empowered shot, and rapid fire shot. The first two would make HnR seriously OP and the last is already one of the strongest rogue finishers in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
    We’re generally happy with the current state of Warriors and are continuing to monitor a number of smaller issues involving them.
    R8 Rogue
    R8 Warrior

Shield of Telara

Actually scratch what I said. Rather than any damage buff I would like to see more rogue souls have energy regeneration abilities. It's a major difference you'll notice between a rogue and warrior. Rogues almost can't spec to stay energy efficient while warriors can. Being out of energy = just standing there != fun..
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
    We’re generally happy with the current state of Warriors and are continuing to monitor a number of smaller issues involving them.
    R8 Rogue
    R8 Warrior

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Fatalflaw View Post
    They could use a very minor buff but that buff must exclude deadeye shot, empowered shot, and rapid fire shot. The first two would make HnR seriously OP and the last is already one of the strongest rogue finishers in the game.
    As a rogue who likes to QQ a lot, I don't see much problem with the power of MM as it is (I can pwn Codex with MM). It's the melee souls that need to be looked at.

And no, our ranged attacks are not "instant cast and spammable" except for the 15 second H&R window. If H&R is not up, you feel like you're shooting a BB gun at a tank. Deadeye is on a 2.5 second cast and you must be standing still when you fire it (not much use in most situations.) Even with all that said, I still don't have much issue with the power of MM. It's just that some of us don't want to play a ranged spec all the time.

I think Assassin's power is almost good enough, but it's the survivability I have an issue with. When you are slicing on R6+ people, your initial stun/burst is just not enough to put you in a position to win most of the time. Even with bleeds, mages and clerics will just heal right through it and then rofl at you. So, either make 51 sin more powerful or make its survivability better.

Rift Disciple

I wouldn't mind a few rogue buffs to bring them up. As it stands now the only soul that I try to avoid is MM and I'm wondering if most of their burst on me is due to my lower rank.

Rogues need to not have their damage be balanced around Slip Away and "escapability", most of which mean nothing in a group setting. Rogues have no place currently in a group setting in a damage dealing capacity, compared to Warriors Mages or Clerics

Nerf their escapability, buff their survivability and their damage.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    Rogues need to not have their damage be balanced around Slip Away and "escapability", most of which mean nothing in a group setting. Rogues have no place currently in a group setting in a damage dealing capacity, compared to Warriors Mages or Clerics

amen

/10charforumfail

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post

I agree with this! ^^

I agree with this! ^^
    See, I'm not all that bad, Bunzy! ;)
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Ascendant

Rogue melee needs a buff far more than ranged. Remove hit and run/imp hit and run and greatly increase the damage on deadeye and empowered and I'd be fine with that though. Such a gimmicky and boring build is why my alt rogue was demoted from alt to mule. I expected melee builds to be somewhat viable at 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
    Rogue melee needs a buff far more than ranged. Remove hit and run/imp hit and run and greatly increase the damage on deadeye and empowered and I'd be fine with that though. Such a gimmicky and boring build is why my alt rogue was demoted from alt to mule. I expected melee builds to be somewhat viable at 50.
    I think remove slip away and buff damage would be great for rogues.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast