+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The best way to get prestige/favor is to just do nothing?

Telaran

Default The best way to get prestige/favor is to just do nothing?

Ok so right now I am completely confused on how PvP grants prestige and favor.

Can someone explain the system to me?

I can literally gain more prestige and favor by sitting around and doing nothing in any given warfront than I can by actually getting PvP kills. Seriously. I can get 20 prestige every 5 seconds by using /dance and /sleep, while for a kill sometimes I only get 1 prestige. Shouldn't this not be? This has been this way since the day I picked the game up and first entered the Black Garden in May.

I would think in theory it should only grant you prestige or favor if you actually take part in a kill. The total prestige or favor granted should be based on the percentage of contribution you make towards each player kill or PvP goal. Would this be too difficult for Trion to code into the game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oYgdh5X-Go

Rift Master

You... want to make the grind 40x longer?

Ascendant

the full-zone credit is pretty good, you can have people on defense without them giving up favor/prestige for helping the team. new pvpers are dead longer than they are alive, so it would be even worse of a grind for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Telaran

Yeah but then why can't I get XP before 50 for other people completing quests in my same zone?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by f00dl3 View Post
    Yeah but then why can't I get XP before 50 for other people completing quests in my same zone?
    find them killing the thing you need...hit the + sign on their head and get credit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    find them killing the thing you need...hit the + sign on their head and get credit.
    Pretty much.
    Pre-server merges BS statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Given how quickly population seems to be growing overall, I think we'll see new servers before mergers.
    Post server merges BS Statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    I think at this point I'm obliged to grant that functionally I was wrong about mergers.
    A quick snap of the neck keeps those corpses nice and dead like." ~ Ferry

Quote Originally Posted by f00dl3 View Post
    Ok so right now I am completely confused on how PvP grants prestige and favor.

Can someone explain the system to me?

I can literally gain more prestige and favor by sitting around and doing nothing in any given warfront than I can by actually getting PvP kills. Seriously. I can get 20 prestige every 5 seconds by using /dance and /sleep, while for a kill sometimes I only get 1 prestige. Shouldn't this not be? This has been this way since the day I picked the game up and first entered the Black Garden in May.

I would think in theory it should only grant you prestige or favor if you actually take part in a kill. The total prestige or favor granted should be based on the percentage of contribution you make towards each player kill or PvP goal. Would this be too difficult for Trion to code into the game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oYgdh5X-Go
    Where is your problem?

And it was funny to dance instead of killing ppls in pvp?

Before this fix there were ppls who was running shards - doing objectives to actually win and they got almost no favor/prestige.

To all these afk, dance, bla bla bla... it's really so funny? Isn't u play pvp because u like to kill others?
    Adalie r8 Rogue - Icewatch
    Acex r6 Cleric - Icewatch
    Gran r8 warrior - Icewatch

Rift Disciple

i dont allow people to group with me anymore like that when leveling my alts. In the past i found people wold do that then just afk while you do all the work and they get credit. They are no better than the pvp cheaters.
    Last edited by Angelstears; 08-22-2011 at 02:13 PM.

I certainly hope you're never in any of my WF's.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltswiki View Post
    I deal with warriors by crying about them on the forums until Trion nerfs them

the full-zone credit is pretty good, you can have people on defense without them giving up favor/prestige for helping the team. new pvpers are dead longer than they are alive, so it would be even worse of a grind for them.
    yes although the threat poster has a point if the implamented this then the people defending flags and what not would get no favor so all warfront favor and prestige gain needs to stay how it is,

hi! Thank you for the evidence of you practically afking in warfronts.

Can't wait for that response.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

Soulwalker

Gonna try this warfront afking thing. Being lvl 3 prestige sucks in these unbalanced horrible warfronts.

Current system is the only fair way to do it.

If you can think of something better that doesn't penalize people for:
    - defending flags
    - staying back at the base to defend
    - playing a hybrid or support class to buff their teammates or de-buff the opposition

Then please do so.
    Last edited by baph; 08-23-2011 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelstears View Post
    i dont allow people to group with me anymore like that when leveling my alts. In the past i found people wold do that then just afk while you do all the work and they get credit. They are no better than the pvp cheaters.
    He need to stay near you to get credit.
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

Rift Disciple

Post Needs something

Could copy how wow does it. U kill or heal killers up get more. U support objectives up get more. U fail or support a fail u get less.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast