+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Respawn Timer

Default Respawn Timer

I was sitting in a lost BG (Defiant 20 Guardians 400+) and when I was sent to the respawn point my timer was 25 sec. There was no way I would respawn before the game was over. I wondered what the impact would be if the timer was modified to get shorter or longer based on the ratio or each teams score. If you are being smashed you would have very short respawn which gets your team back in faster and if you are way ahead, you move toward the 20 sec limit? Any thoughts?

It's a unique idea, but I doubt it would help much.

In a landslide situation like that the loosing team is probably being farmed/camped eventually. In this situation, a faster respawn time would only provide a faster supply of cannon fodder.
    [Server] Faeblight
    [Retail] M_1=Chloromancer(D), M_2=Cleric(D), A=Rogue(D)
    [Beta 1-7] Tank (Reaver/Paladin)

25 secs on any WF is an eternity. i like the idea of shortening it depending on score. Gives you more time to regroup. In any situation, will help coordinate, zerg and retake a winning position.

If the score is close it's fair and doesn't matter. If it's a landslide win, it's only going to get the opposition more favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrivean View Post
    I was sitting in a lost BG (Defiant 20 Guardians 400+) and when I was sent to the respawn point my timer was 25 sec. There was no way I would respawn before the game was over. I wondered what the impact would be if the timer was modified to get shorter or longer based on the ratio or each teams score. If you are being smashed you would have very short respawn which gets your team back in faster and if you are way ahead, you move toward the 20 sec limit? Any thoughts?
    Bad idea.

If you're getting smashed, you'd get smashed more, they would push up to Black Garden spawn and spawn camp you.

Wouldn't matter either way, only way it would help is if it was a match that was semi close, but your topic is "getting smashed" so, I'd prefer not to get r a p e d harder.

+ Reply to Thread