+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Get rid of the exploiters

Soulwalker

Default Get rid of the exploiters

Trion

Get rid of the exploiters, those who got there pvp r7 and r8 via exploit. You have 2 days to do this or my account is deleted!

Soulwalker

I love the logic in this thread. It makes me smile. It's like an ant threatening to kill itself unless the whole hive gives back all of the food it just got from the past day.

And about as effective.

Threatening to quit is not really a good way to get your point across.

That said, they are in the process of rolling back the cheaters. While I may agree that temp bans should be given, it's not like they are getting away with it and keeping the gear/rank.
    [Server] Faeblight
    [Retail] M_1=Chloromancer(D), M_2=Cleric(D), A=Rogue(D)
    [Beta 1-7] Tank (Reaver/Paladin)

Rift Disciple

How are you sure you aren't dying to legit r7 and r8? Or do you believe anyone with those ranks is automaticly an exploiter?

Quote Originally Posted by Player0ne View Post
    How are you sure you aren't dying to legit r7 and r8? Or do you believe anyone with those ranks is automaticly an exploiter?
    Many servers have guilds that have been "caught" doing it, and gotten a bad reputation as a result.

That said, it's Trion's job to be judge and jury, not ours. They have the logs, and all the proof they need.
    [Server] Faeblight

Actually, in this case, I can respect a thread/threat like this.

For me, its quite simple. We were playing a game and some folks cheated. People like the OP are refusing to continue to play unless the cheaters are dealt with in a satisfactory manner.

This isn't whining about game mechanics, class imbalance, or the color of a vanity pet. Its drawing a line about what you are willing to accept related to abuse by the community and the penalties of the administration.

Maybe Trion is afraid to ban people for cheating because the exploit was too widely abused. At least this person is holding them accountable for their decision. Through their action or inaction, an account will be lost.

"You cannot run faster than a bullet."
    Professional Drunkard of The Enclave

People on my shard have been rolled back to rank 3, from rank 8 because they exploited. It's quite possible your bad and are getting rolled by legit rank 7s and rank 8s. Quit crying. And quit in general if you don't want to grind to that rank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

You better do what he says trion, he sound super serial!!

Rift Disciple

Yeah but like I stated in another thread. What's to stop people from claiming everyone they see now is an R7 or R8 and whining for them to be banned? There are legits by now and as far as I can tell there's no big red arrow pointing out who is and isn't legitimately rank 7-8.

"if you dont get rid of those cheaters, I'm taking my 15 dollars somewhere else... like maybe not too far because 15 bucks wont really let me get enough gas to go, well... anywhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Player0ne View Post
    Yeah but like I stated in another thread. What's to stop people from claiming everyone they see now is an R7 or R8 and whining for them to be banned? There are legits by now and as far as I can tell there's no big red arrow pointing out who is and isn't legitimately rank 7-8.
    Players are free to accuse the rank7-8 players of being a cheater, but it is Trion's job to hand out the punishments. They will not simply roll back / ban someone based on an accusation of cheating. They will collect evidence and act accordingly.
    [Server] Faeblight

I can't believe no one has invoked the mantra yet, but...

....can I have your stuff?

Rift Disciple

And that's fine and I don't expect anyone innocent to be punished. It's just annoying to have players use "cheating rank7-8" as a blanket excuse for losing without any proof whatsoever that the person in question was cheating.

Who cares if people falsely accuse the legit R7/R8 of being exploiters. It's the same as when five random players are from the same server and are accused of being premade.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Everyone is pulling this "cheater" nonsense lately.

My friend Mage got screamed at in a Warfront for being a cheater because.... well, becaues he pounded the other team into the ground.

Same thing happened to me, for taking out a Warrior. Something in him couldn't take that he'd lost, and therefore I was a cheater.

This isn't so much about wanting the "cheaters" banned as it is blaming someone for your own failings.
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast