+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By AAA
  • 1 Post By Snyrf

Thread: Bonus Weekend, Library, and 0 Gear suggestion

AAA
    Telaran

Lightbulb Bonus Weekend, Library, and 0 Gear suggestion

LVL 50,0 Gear Statistic, Warfront enquiry.

So... I took a week off from Rift. It was good to get some sunshine. Now I'm back and wanted to share an idea. If you like it put a plus 1 and see what Trion does.

This coming up weekend is to be a 6 month anniversary for Rift, I read something about bonus pvp favor/valor, exp etc. I also read that Trion is hard at work on a new WF... Library or something (hopefully has some hot librarians in it).

How about make this new WF on the bonus weekends have 0 gear. Yup that's right, you like skill based pvp, you see the imbalances caused from P6-8 and P1-5 (tired of getting 1/2 shot), how about Trion makes everyone play "naked" in the Library on the bonus weekend?

Now some RPer is going to take this to some extreme lvl, but all I'm saying is one WF can have no gear statistics as if you were playing naked. You could still look the same but you would only have your based character stats and whatever your soul tree gave. No synergy crystal, no weapon stats, no essences, no gear stats.

They can collect some real feedback and if it goes very well they can cut me a check for a cool million for saving their game. Heck you might even remember why you liked lvls 1-49 so much.

Kind Regards, Phone

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by AAA View Post
    LVL 50,0 Gear Statistic, Warfront enquiry.

So... I took a week off from Rift. It was good to get some sunshine. Now I'm back and wanted to share an idea. If you like it put a plus 1 and see what Trion does.

This coming up weekend is to be a 6 month anniversary for Rift, I read something about bonus pvp favor/valor, exp etc. I also read that Trion is hard at work on a new WF... Library or something (hopefully has some hot librarians in it).

How about make this new WF on the bonus weekends have 0 gear. Yup that's right, you like skill based pvp, you see the imbalances caused from P6-8 and P1-5 (tired of getting 1/2 shot), how about Trion makes everyone play "naked" in the Library on the bonus weekend?

Now some RPer is going to take this to some extreme lvl, but all I'm saying is one WF can have no gear statistics as if you were playing naked. You could still look the same but you would only have your based character stats and whatever your soul tree gave. No synergy crystal, no weapon stats, no essences, no gear stats.

They can collect some real feedback and if it goes very well they can cut me a check for a cool million for saving their game. Heck you might even remember why you liked lvls 1-49 so much.

Kind Regards, Phone
    Hmmm, sounds like a decent warfront.

Quote Originally Posted by Snyrf View Post
    Hmmm, sounds like a decent warfront.
    But if they're naked, how can you tell they are librarians? Cute glasses?
    Last edited by Thulium; 08-22-2011 at 01:10 PM.
    [Server] Faeblight
    [Retail] M_1=Chloromancer(D), M_2=Cleric(D), A=Rogue(D)
    [Beta 1-7] Tank (Reaver/Paladin)

I tried to find some data to help support your thread.

So I googled naked librarians.

I'm sorry, what were we talking about again?

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Thulium View Post
    But if they're naked, how can you tell they are librarians? Cute glasses?
    You're one of those guys who walks into Baskin Robbins and goes "aww, only 31 flavours?" aren't ya?

AAA
    Telaran

0 gear warfront... do it already!

Shield of Telara

Since it's 0 gear then it gives 0 favor and prestige right? Because you are saying let's just do it for fun and for the challenge?

I wonder how many will queue more than once..(lol)

OH...you meant "make everyones gear the same for this bonus weekend so I can more easily rack up bonus favor and get max gear, without ever having to face anyone who made it a point to get there first."

People already dislike how quickly r8 can be reached with all of the bonus favor and prestige going around. You want to make it even easier?

Saying disable gear goes against the entire concept of character progression and at that point why have any favor rewards at all.

I vote okay, if this guy wants his no gear warfront, but make it no favor or prestige either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
    We’re generally happy with the current state of Warriors and are continuing to monitor a number of smaller issues involving them.
    R8 Rogue
    R8 Warrior

+ Reply to Thread