+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Bandwagon Warrior Cure

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser Happydaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    339

    Default Bandwagon Warrior Cure

    Always have been trying to be the most popular, so I figured a post on this subject was manditory and not optional any longer due to the overwhelming spam it creates.

    Warriors should do Maximum Damage and Recieve Maximum Damage. There.. I fixed the class. At the moment they do too much damage to justify the damage needing to kill a warrior. Fix that and everything will be golden.

    Historically all games along these lines provided a plate wearing class to live forever, but hit like they have pillows, or hit and one shot things, but die easily. Somewhere between has always been the give and take portion of players decision making.

    At the moment I would say warriors have the best of both worlds. Maximum damage and maximum ability to utilize stuns, heal mitigation, and various defensive mechanism that keep them from taking enough damage to down them with 8k-10k hit points.

    I don't figure warriors will agree.. Most other classes will.. As a cleric I was able to agree healing was OP. Maybe there are some warriors that will attest that they need some tweaking as well..

  2. #2
    Champion Auden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Happydaze View Post
    Always have been trying to be the most popular, so I figured a post on this subject was manditory and not optional any longer due to the overwhelming spam it creates.

    Warriors should do Maximum Damage and Recieve Maximum Damage. There.. I fixed the class. At the moment they do too much damage to justify the damage needing to kill a warrior. Fix that and everything will be golden.

    Historically all games along these lines provided a plate wearing class to live forever, but hit like they have pillows, or hit and one shot things, but die easily. Somewhere between has always been the give and take portion of players decision making.

    At the moment I would say warriors have the best of both worlds. Maximum damage and maximum ability to utilize stuns, heal mitigation, and various defensive mechanism that keep them from taking enough damage to down them with 8k-10k hit points.

    I don't figure warriors will agree.. Most other classes will.. As a cleric I was able to agree healing was OP. Maybe there are some warriors that will attest that they need some tweaking as well..
    Warrior's cannot heal themselves. So technically they do take the most damage.. i.e. they will die before a cleric or mage or even bard will.

    There is your balance.

  3. #3
    Champion Auden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auden View Post
    Warrior's cannot heal themselves. So technically they do take the most damage.. i.e. they will die before a cleric or mage or even bard will.

    There is your balance.
    Also not meaning to quote myself..

    Warriors had this with paragon/champion. Maximum damage with ZERO defensive ability. (75% parry i know, but still easy to dps them thru this).

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Happydaze View Post
    Always have been trying to be the most popular, so I figured a post on this subject was manditory and not optional any longer due to the overwhelming spam it creates.

    Warriors should do Maximum Damage and Recieve Maximum Damage. There.. I fixed the class. At the moment they do too much damage to justify the damage needing to kill a warrior. Fix that and everything will be golden.

    Historically all games along these lines provided a plate wearing class to live forever, but hit like they have pillows, or hit and one shot things, but die easily. Somewhere between has always been the give and take portion of players decision making.

    At the moment I would say warriors have the best of both worlds. Maximum damage and maximum ability to utilize stuns, heal mitigation, and various defensive mechanism that keep them from taking enough damage to down them with 8k-10k hit points.

    I don't figure warriors will agree.. Most other classes will.. As a cleric I was able to agree healing was OP. Maybe there are some warriors that will attest that they need some tweaking as well..
    just nerf them, let them take the most damage and call them rogues

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser Happydaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    339

    Default Doesn't sound good

    Quote Originally Posted by Auden View Post
    Also not meaning to quote myself..

    Warriors had this with paragon/champion. Maximum damage with ZERO defensive ability. (75% parry i know, but still easy to dps them thru this).

    I could see how 75% parry would cause problems. That means every 4th swing you get hit. Trion can you please do something to fix this lack of defense.. Something along the lines of 90% sound more fair? Maybe 1 out of 10 swings would be better ability to defend?

  6. #6
    Ascendant Magnos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,396

    Default

    I would be happy with the proposed idea of warriors doing good damage, but somewhat below rogues and mages in exchange for better surviavbility however:

    1. Without extreme burst and lingering wounds, healers (including Chloro/locks) will not die
    2. Our damage mitigation in our DPS souls is nonexistent excluding plate, but since every class can do elemental damage, just having plate does not compensate for a dps loss in our dps souls
    3. To gain good mitigation, we give up our burst.
    Last edited by Magnos; 08-22-2011 at 12:59 PM.

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser Happydaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    339

    Default Rogues

    Quote Originally Posted by derphil View Post
    just nerf them, let them take the most damage and call them rogues
    I actually feel sorry for rogues.. They do horrible dps now.. I would rather be a horse vendor in Meridian than have to play a rogue atm..

  8. #8
    Champion of Telara Morituri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Happydaze View Post
    I actually feel sorry for rogues.. They do horrible dps now.. I would rather be a horse vendor in Meridian than have to play a rogue atm..
    Yea..at least we have the run specs...for the moment.

  9. #9
    Rift Master RubberDuckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Happydaze View Post
    Always have been trying to be the most popular, so I figured a post on this subject was manditory and not optional any longer due to the overwhelming spam it creates.

    Warriors should do Maximum Damage and Recieve Maximum Damage. There.. I fixed the class. At the moment they do too much damage to justify the damage needing to kill a warrior. Fix that and everything will be golden.

    Historically all games along these lines provided a plate wearing class to live forever, but hit like they have pillows, or hit and one shot things, but die easily. Somewhere between has always been the give and take portion of players decision making.

    At the moment I would say warriors have the best of both worlds. Maximum damage and maximum ability to utilize stuns, heal mitigation, and various defensive mechanism that keep them from taking enough damage to down them with 8k-10k hit points.

    I don't figure warriors will agree.. Most other classes will.. As a cleric I was able to agree healing was OP. Maybe there are some warriors that will attest that they need some tweaking as well..
    only cure for warriors is for players that play clerics rogues and mages to learn to pvp and play there class.

    the main problem in genral is clerics not warriors

    warriors cant single handedly win warfronts like broken rogues can

    warrior cant be a healer spamming debuffing dps like mages

    learn to play your class

  10. #10
    Rift Chaser Happydaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    339

    Default you really believe?

    Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuckie View Post
    only cure for warriors is for players that play clerics rogues and mages to learn to pvp and play there class.

    the main problem in genral is clerics not warriors

    warriors cant single handedly win warfronts like broken rogues can

    warrior cant be a healer spamming debuffing dps like mages

    learn to play your class

    It is a given that I am the worst player ever. I am nowhere near as godly as you. You are smart, I am dumb. You are good looking, I am ugly. Etc....

    If you don't think that warriors are overpowered right now in game you have lost your mind...

  11. #11
    Ascendant Trisian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,498

    Default

    If you want to fix warriors, make them the best buffing classes in the game.

    Mages - Best damage / range

    Clerics - Best healing / cleansers

    Rogues - Best mobility / debuffers

    Warriors - Best buffs / tanks

    There I just fixed them way better and way faster.
    Last edited by Trisian; 08-23-2011 at 10:02 AM.

  12. #12
    Rift Master RubberDuckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Happydaze View Post
    It is a given that I am the worst player ever. I am nowhere near as godly as you. You are smart, I am dumb. You are good looking, I am ugly. Etc....

    If you don't think that warriors are overpowered right now in game you have lost your mind...

    theres only the paladin/champ/riftblade or voidknight/champion/riftblade that are any good in pvp right now because bad players such as yourself cant play there class.

    i admit the dagger abuse anf planar blade is broken for warriors but other than that they are gimped as hell.

    warriors only seem OP because of clerics OP buffs and healing and Bards buffs and guild perks they have nothing to do with the warrior.


    because of bad mages rogues and cleric kids moaning on the forums because they cant play there class a gimped class called warriors became even more gimped.

    now stop crying im sick of my class keep getting destroyed even more because of players such as yourself unable to play a game. i dont abuse bugs fotm builds or daggers in pvp i die alot because im squishy as hell but thats what happens when other cry babys moan and whine they are bad.

  13. #13
    Rift Chaser Happydaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    339

    Default really?

    Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuckie View Post
    theres only the paladin/champ/riftblade or voidknight/champion/riftblade that are any good in pvp right now because bad players such as yourself cant play there class.

    i admit the dagger abuse anf planar blade is broken for warriors but other than that they are gimped as hell.

    warriors only seem OP because of clerics OP buffs and healing and Bards buffs and guild perks they have nothing to do with the warrior.


    because of bad mages rogues and cleric kids moaning on the forums because they cant play there class a gimped class called warriors became even more gimped.

    now stop crying im sick of my class keep getting destroyed even more because of players such as yourself unable to play a game. i dont abuse bugs fotm builds or daggers in pvp i die alot because im squishy as hell but thats what happens when other cry babys moan and whine they are bad.

    Thats funny. We have a warrior in our guild that hasn't lost a duel yet. Hasn't really been tested to be honest. He has no buffs or any of the other justification non-sense you are talking about. I guess just everyone on our server is bad. I see your point now. He is not R8 btw only 7 and has been dominating since R5 pre R7-8. There are many that are just as good on other servers as well. Papa on the Guard side of things can equally get it done for an example.

    I really admire you for not playing your class to the fullest ability. I think that only shows that there are things that you feel are overpowered that others are taking advantage of (hence my post). Maybe I should re-write my post to say something like "If you are a warrior that plays your class to the fullest extent of cheapness need to be nerfed?"

  14. #14
    Plane Touched Cherrileigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    If you want to fix warriors, make them the best buffing classes in the game.

    Mages - Best damage / range

    Clerics - Best healing / cleansers

    Rogues - Best mobility / debuffers

    Warriors - Best buffs / tanks

    There I just fixed them way better and way faster.
    That's where the game is headed. Just like in WoW. The developers will throw their hands in the air over the QQing and say. Here's the deal guys. You get 38 talent points and have to spend the first 31 in the same tree.
    Last edited by Cherrileigh; 08-23-2011 at 10:54 AM.
    EVERYBODY DIES, BUT NOT EVERYBODY LIVES.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Trisian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrileigh View Post
    That's where the game is headed. Just like in WoW. The developers will throw their hands in the air over the QQing and say. Here's the deal guys. You get 38 talent points and have to spend the first 31 in the same tree.
    making 31 points in a tree mandatory is not that big of a sacrifice if you want to classify yourself as a specific role.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts