+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Cleric Heals are NOT OP - End of debate

Quote Originally Posted by Razaden View Post
    I can't say if one person healing is OP cause it never happens in my WFs. This guy has it right. So much healing around aoe and single target makes dps null and void. Yeah if ya focus fire someone down they will die but woot 1 down 14 more to go. Oh wait we lost 3 of our dps guess he will be the only who goes down.

Being in a WF and looking at the board and have 9 healing on 1 side and also dpsing prolly 6 of them that leaves rougly 6 actual DDs. Thats were healing becomes an issue espcially for those who can't heal IE rogues and warriors.
    Clerics healing? Thats a good one. The forums would have you believe that they all went guardian or cabalist. heh.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
    Ok, and you seem to be fine with it. Is there any way rogue or warrior do something like that? No. Only mages can aspire to similar effect, and only that, aspire. Do you see any pleasure in having excess of healing? The ideal would be 20 clerics agains 20 clerics and nobody killing anybody. Is that fun?
    So what are arguing against now? Healing being to much or damage beng too high?

Is splash healing effectual or is it padding? Is splash damage effectual or is it padding?
    Irony - Pathiss

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Xsi View Post
    In PvP, expect more and more nerfs to heals as Valor levels continues to increase (p9-p10 ranks).
    They didnt up valor on 7-8 gear ...why would they on 9-10?
    Irony - Pathiss

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Razaden View Post
    I can't say if one person healing is OP cause it never happens in my WFs. This guy has it right. So much healing around aoe and single target makes dps null and void. Yeah if ya focus fire someone down they will die but woot 1 down 14 more to go. Oh wait we lost 3 of our dps guess he will be the only who goes down.

Being in a WF and looking at the board and have 9 healing on 1 side and also dpsing prolly 6 of them that leaves rougly 6 actual DDs. Thats were healing becomes an issue espcially for those who can't heal IE rogues and warriors.
    This entire comment is based on a what-if ....what-if it was yourside with all the healers. Oh and rogues can heal.
    Irony - Pathiss

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by astrocanis View Post
    Why not? Why should a healer inevitably fall to a single DPS?
    Very simple answer. Because nobody would play 20 healers vs 20 healers game, excess of healing is pointless.

While people play games where healing is none or support role only. Fighting and killing is the main purpose of games. If 1 dps can't kill 1 healer, it's better to roll a healer and stop all killing. Since as we know all games are based over some sort of conflict, so there will be violence. Purpose of healing is to reduce the damage not stop it completly.

Also, if 1 healer is capable of dealing damage AND heal at the same time, then it's the ultimate class and any other is a waste of time. Since we look for a balance here and not a domination of one class over others, one healer should fold to one dps in the long run.

Ascendant

Ok, I give up arguing with shortsighted morons.

Lets remove all healing from the game for a month and see how it goes.
    Irony - Pathiss

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Covenn View Post
    This entire comment is based on a what-if ....what-if it was yourside with all the healers. Oh and rogues can heal.
    Yeah, sure we can. But can we achieve 1,5 mln damage and 500k healing same time? No. So clerics are op.

Banned

Ok, I give up arguing with shortsighted morons.

Lets remove all healing from the game for a month and see how it goes.
    If reducing healing and making it more balanced is shortsighten then go play chess. Nobody said anything about removing all.

Banned

So what are arguing against now? Healing being to much or damage beng too high?

Is splash healing effectual or is it padding? Is splash damage effectual or is it padding?
    We are arguing about clerics being OP in comparison to other classes because their healing is too high, their resistance is too high, their damage is too high, AT THE SAME TIME. If you heal, you should heal not dps, if you dps, you shouldn't heal, if you heal or dps you shouldn't be so hard to kill. Is that clear what's the argument about now?

Or if you want to do all three than you should be mediocre at best.
    Last edited by Overdrive; 08-23-2011 at 07:53 AM.

Ascendant

We are arguing about clerics being OP in comparison to other classes because their healing is too high, their resistance is too high, their damage is too high, AT THE SAME TIME. If you heal, you should heal not dps, if you dps, you shouldn't heal, if you heal or dps you shouldn't be so hard to kill. Is that clear what's the argument about now?

This is what you feel to realize, it is NOT at the same time at all.

If I heal I do no damage and if I do damage I cant heal and I am squishier than a mage. If you want to stop people from switching roles in the middle of a WF, then you are talking about something completely different.
    Irony - Pathiss

Ascendant

Yeah, sure we can. But can we achieve 1,5 mln damage and 500k healing same time? No. So clerics are op.
    No? Thats funny, a guildy of min did close to exactly that by barding for part of a scion and switching to some sab spec and AEing the crap out of people for the remainder of it.
    Irony - Pathiss

Ascendant

If reducing healing and making it more balanced is shortsighten then go play chess. Nobody said anything about removing all.
    Actually you are. I explained 'why' you are earlier. Feel free to reread my posts at your lesiure.

Also heals were reduced to the point where lower ranked clerics dont stand a chance, I am not sure what else you want except for a R1 cleric just to die the second the jump out of spawn at the start of a WF. It is absolutely horrible playing as a low ranked cleric in this game now.
    Last edited by Covenn; 08-23-2011 at 08:01 AM.
    Irony - Pathiss

Ascendant

No? Thats funny, a guildy of min did close to exactly that by barding for part of a scion and switching to some sab spec and AEing the crap out of people for the remainder of it.
    Also seen it doesn with a chlor switching to sc in the middle of a wf, against another guildy.
    Irony - Pathiss

Rift Disciple

I did, games that allowed 1 dps kill 1 cleric after some time and stay alive were much better then "Kill the cleric" games.
    In otherwords you like to die fast and wait for respawn. If it only takes on dps to tie up and eventually kill one healer, that means he is not healing you. So for most people that means they are going to die pretty fast.

My preference is the exact opposite of yours, When I play a dps class, I'm not a big fan of dying instantly. I've played warfronts with no heals and its no fun, you run in die, run in die rinse repeat. You seriously like that? I don't think most people do. In otherwords I think you are on crack.

Ok, and you seem to be fine with it. Is there any way rogue or warrior do something like that? No. Only mages can aspire to similar effect, and only that, aspire. Do you see any pleasure in having excess of healing? The ideal would be 20 clerics agains 20 clerics and nobody killing anybody. Is that fun?

BTW, don't you ever try to play Guild Wars 2 with that attitude. There's no healing class there, you won't be able to make anyone invincible and unkillable.
    Having an excess of healing leads to longer more epic battles, personally I think these are fun. I don't have as much fun when I die/respawn repeatedly. On the exteme end of this you could have a stalemate I have never experienced this in Rift and its not really a concern with all the dps, but I have had these in other MMO's, and while they are not as fun as a well balanced match, they are better than playing for 5 secods and then waiting for respawn.

Also, no one in rift is unkillable unless you are completely ******ed and refuse to use basic tactics such as assisting/focus fire.

Also, I didn't say you shouldn't be able to keep someone up alive through a single DPS. I said you shouldn't be able to keep YOURSELF up through single dps IN THE LONG RUN. So it would still require focus to kill you as fast as possible, it will keep healing valid but not to the point where it's stupid.
    No, that would invalidate healing because why would you play a healer if you can't kill anyone and can't keep yourself alive and thus can't heal anyone else? You think healers should just run around the warfront getting beat on until they die? lol okay.

Run a void knight if you want to shut down a healer, but thats not the same as any DPS being able to do it.

If you lost 3 dps while you only killed one, then obviously they have better dps than you. If they nerfed healing or removed healing from the game, you would still lose, only you would lose a lot faster and respawn a lot more.

this thread was about cleric healing, not cleric dps, you should have started a nerf cabalist thread or something rather than posting in this one. you should probably read the first post again before commenting further.

Quote Originally Posted by Anmila View Post
    Sorry to break the news to you folks who thing that Cleric healing is OP, but its not. Think about it, if every class could easily kill a full blown healing cleric, healing would be pointless. What would be the point of being a full spec healer if you die by everyone that attacks you? There wouldnt be one.

There would be no point to play a healer spec if you cant even keep yourself alive! DUH!!

In addition, all of you complaining its OP becuase you cant single handedly kill them, the cleric your attacking WILL NEVER KILL YOU!!!!!

Stop crying. End of debate.
    sorry to break the news but when you got clerics in there spamming heals players just dont die. clerics have realy nice buffs and its a joke you need 5 or more people just to put one down.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast