+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: I'll get better, Oh well maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    Im only Prestige Rank 3 and i routinely top the killing blows, am near the top in total damage, and am almost always near the top Kill/Death in any WF where we dont just get facerolled. If the WF is competitive at all i usually have at least 3 or 4 times as many kills as i do deaths.
    And believe it or not all that means diddly squat.

I pretty much near top kb's a lot of matchs, I am the ultimate Kill stealer (not intentionally but it happens) Im up thier on damage in port scion or any where else I can mindlessly spam aoe skills, and most warfronts my death tally is low to zero due to being a back line sniper *coughs*
    When I look at end results I try and aim for middling damage done, high KB, low damage recieved, why because if my damage is half of what the highest is that match but my killing blows are near top it means that Im not wasting my time beating on an unkillable target for most of the match but targets I focus on are being killed!

But honestly All figures on the scoreboard at end of the match mean nothing..look good will help raise your ego a fraction but ultimately pointless
    Sureen - Conspiracy

A post spoken from the Heart contains passion, A post spoken from the head leads to intelligent debate,
    but since the majority of what I read is full of crap I guess most talk out of thier Arse

Im only Prestige Rank 3 and i routinely top the killing blows, am near the top in total damage, and am almost always near the top Kill/Death in any WF where we dont just get facerolled. If the WF is competitive at all i usually have at least 3 or 4 times as many kills as i do deaths. I use the "Nightman" spec and i do have better PvE gear than you i am sure, but at Rank 6 you should have access to very competitive weaponry to what anybody else in your WF will have even if you don't have raid weapons. I wear about 450 Valor worth of PvP gear, the rest is raid T1.

I don't ever run in premades, i don't play in a defiant dominated battlegroup, though i do often PvP with a mage friend who also only ever DPS's and we compete to see who can top the charts. Neither one of us is even to rank 4 yet. I am trying not to be a jerk and say L2P, but you must be doing something wrong. I am not hacking, i am not lying, but i am not having nearly as hard of a time as you seem to be, and i am not even close to your rank.

I wish i knew what i am doing differently, i would tell you, but IMO rogue toons are fine, rogue players seem to be the ones having trouble.
    im not rogue at all never even thought of lvling one.
    Either you are fighting lvl 40's or lying wich is it im curious

I been pretty happy with my MM/NB the whole trip so far. Sure you gotta have a team. Any pure damage dealer needs to be a team player. No team, no DPS or very limited cause I'm either dead or running instead of gunning. Find the focus and put them down. It's fun to charge in, shotgun blasting. I agree though about eradicate. That gets their attention!
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Mlaar View Post
    But honestly All figures on the scoreboard at end of the match mean nothing..look good will help raise your ego a fraction but ultimately pointless
    What? That makes no sense at all.
    Last edited by USSR; 08-23-2011 at 06:05 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Raedwulf View Post
    Rogue, full P4 maybe now I can kill something...nope
    Rogue, full p5 maybe now I can kill something...nope
    Rogue, full P6 maybe now I can kill something...nope

Now 159k to P7 and I quit

Tried countless builds, rotations, macros and all other crap I read on forums.

Rogues in Rift just plain suck. Warriors and clerics feel free to tell me how much I suck and l2p whatever.

Be keeping an eye on the patch notes though, I know how classes in MMOs can change.

I know no one here cares. But I have no RL friends who play MMO games. So I cry here
    Feel ya pain. Prior to 1.4 it was better but now with p7/8 it hurts.

For now run support type builds as suggested. MM is fun just as it stands warriors can snare you while bugged. On the double will not break it

You can try Sin/NB build and help debuff targets, just FF.
    Good,Bad? I'm the one with the Gun.
    This is my BOOMSTICK
    Rank 40 Defiant Rogue 11/11HK
    Gaming Rig

Im only Prestige Rank 3 and i routinely top the killing blows, am near the top in total damage, and am almost always near the top Kill/Death in any WF where we dont just get facerolled. If the WF is competitive at all i usually have at least 3 or 4 times as many kills as i do deaths.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlaar View Post
    And believe it or not all that means diddly squat.

I pretty much near top kb's a lot of matchs, I am the ultimate Kill stealer (not intentionally but it happens) Im up thier on damage in port scion or any where else I can mindlessly spam aoe skills, and most warfronts my death tally is low to zero due to being a back line sniper *coughs*

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    im not rogue at all never even thought of lvling one.
    Either you are fighting lvl 40's or lying wich is it im curious
    Wow, flamed twice from two completely opposite sides of the spectrum. I guess that means im doing something right.

Mlaar, if you're focusing your fire and killing targets that actually can die (rather than pumping ammo into someone who is just going to heal back up and make your last 10 seconds a total waste), standing near the back because you are a sniper (rather than running in to the front lines as a squishy DPS and getting yourself killed), and AoEing whenever you see large groups of people (to maximize damage output and try to break up the group)... You are doing EXACTLY what you are SUPPOSED to be doing.

When that is subsequently reflected on the stat sheet as having a LOT of killing blows, tons of damage and few deaths, that means YOU DID GOOD. How could that possibly mean nothing? It means absolutely everything. It is a clear indicator that you filled your role precisely as you were supposed to, and did so with care and skill in choosing your targets and your abilities to maximize your contribution to the team.

That's not ego, and its not meaningless, its skill, and its reflection on a scoreboard.

P.S. Winner... just nevermind
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Snyrf View Post
    So you are arguing vindictively to punish other people because you are upset rather than work towards a better game?

Gotcha.
    theres nothing we can do to make this game better.. we pay ppl to do that.. they are all working at trion..

but from the sight of things they are sitting doing nothing because this game is going down the same road wow is but this one wont take 6 years.. factions are already imbalanced.. pvp balance is nowhere to be found.. exploiters get a slap on the wrist and can do what they want.. this is not good.

Next MMO launch -> kiss goodbye to your playerbase trion.

Quote Originally Posted by Raedwulf View Post
    Rogue, full P4 maybe now I can kill something...nope
    Rogue, full p5 maybe now I can kill something...nope
    Rogue, full P6 maybe now I can kill something...nope

Now 159k to P7 and I quit

Tried countless builds, rotations, macros and all other crap I read on forums.

Rogues in Rift just plain suck. Warriors and clerics feel free to tell me how much I suck and l2p whatever.

Be keeping an eye on the patch notes though, I know how classes in MMOs can change.

I know no one here cares. But I have no RL friends who play MMO games. So I cry here

/shrug man, as a p3 - 4 rogue is when I started to really feel a personal presence. As a p7 rogue I can win many battles I get into. I know when I was p6 for a couple weeks before p7 - 8 came out I was able to knock some enemies out nicely. Course I still met my match many a time.

Also, do you make use of all the possible consumables you can have? I do win lots of my fights by using consumables when they are more evenly matched. I kind of chuckled when a dead opponent said "nice heal pot nub", I then told him that I have over 150 heal potions on my hotbar :/. I also carry about 20+ soul shards/remnants. The 900 - 1000 damage those consumables do are off the GCD and their damage is not mitigated by any means. Raw 1000 damage every usage. I also have 60+ of the Rift consumables that stun the enemy for 2s and deal damage. Use those a lot too for a nice non GCD stun. Though less used, I also keep the green life rift consumables that regen hp over 12 seconds. Can be nice for an off heal if I don't want to blow something else. Also I sometimes buff up with the "deals 20% of incoming damage back to enemy for up to 200000 damage." I carry ~10 of those.

You can time them very well too if you make an attempt. Like as an Assassin, if I am having trouble spiking down someone I do the typical loading up of dots. Then when I go for my big hit finisher, right as i'm hitting the finisher I will click a soul shard for the extra unmitigated 1000 damage. Since it's off the GCD it's all so rapid. So on my Sin at times I will have 5 combo points ready, a soul shard ready and even the 51pt non-GCD ability ready. Slam all those at once and watch an unexpected spike in HP. or if they are halfway and not expecting a huge wtf spike of damage - this will kill them alot.

As a rogue that doesn't have loads of CC or pretty much any means of healing, I find having these things as crucial. I try to do things like always kill a Death foothold if I see one (very common for giving out soul shards. Although you can also find these things on the AH for reasonable prices.

Get that r7 synergy crystal and see if you don't notice huge improvement. But nontheless, I felt very capable on my rogue around p4 and I wouldn't give my rogue up for a equally geared 50 of any other type of class.

I use a straight PvE spec'd MM built with points in assassin and ranger.
    I use a 51sin/15 infil spec
    I use a pure PvE spec'd sab with points in assassin.

Then I have a wild card role I change a lot and experiment with.

I've tried builds others talk highly of and sucked at them. I perform as good on my builds as others on builds I sucked at, who will claim my builds suck. It's all your playstyle, most builds can perform if worked right.

I never used a single macro for combat in this game. Just hit buttons 1 - 6 and I setup R and F for extra key bindings and click the rest.
    Last edited by Violacea; 08-23-2011 at 06:25 AM.

Prophet of Telara

roll a warrior and kill everything in sight

Quote Originally Posted by USSR View Post
    What? That makes no sense at all.
    what makes no sense?

I could be killing people by the bucket load but my damage would be half of what the top person is doing.. think about it... take your time...

Either I have picked my targets carefully making every hit count and not wasted time on a tank getting heals..
    or every target ive switched to has been on last legs and ive got the final hit in..

Perhaps my damage is in the top 3 to get this I would be aoe spamming an engagement, it does sweet fa as its easily outhealed but the numbers are ticking by so fast because im hitting so many people yaaa all that damage but ultimatly my skills could have been more useful to an engagement by debuffing and using anethema on opponents and letting others do increased damage once buffs were down.

The score sheet gives no indication as to true progress in a warfront as so many ways to fool the numbers all its good for Is giving your ego a false boost.

If you don't like that fact then don't, I wouldnt like to be the one that bursts the bubble for you. If aiming to beat the top KB's or dps or healing done makes you play better then by all means keep believing that all those numbers mean something.
    Sureen - Conspiracy

A post spoken from the Heart contains passion, A post spoken from the head leads to intelligent debate,
    but since the majority of what I read is full of crap I guess most talk out of thier Arse

Wow, flamed twice from two completely opposite sides of the spectrum. I guess that means im doing something right.

Mlaar, if you're focusing your fire and killing targets that actually can die (rather than pumping ammo into someone who is just going to heal back up and make your last 10 seconds a total waste), standing near the back because you are a sniper (rather than running in to the front lines as a squishy DPS and getting yourself killed), and AoEing whenever you see large groups of people (to maximize damage output and try to break up the group)... You are doing EXACTLY what you are SUPPOSED to be doing.

When that is subsequently reflected on the stat sheet as having a LOT of killing blows, tons of damage and few deaths, that means YOU DID GOOD. How could that possibly mean nothing? It means absolutely everything. It is a clear indicator that you filled your role precisely as you were supposed to, and did so with care and skill in choosing your targets and your abilities to maximize your contribution to the team.

That's not ego, and its not meaningless, its skill, and its reflection on a scoreboard.

P.S. Winner... just nevermind
    Actually I wasnt meant to flame you.. People put so much emphasis on a score board which means little in terms to what actually happens in a warfront..
    I remember a game where I did something like 27kb and 110k damage the top of the board was a warrior who did 13KB and 380k dmg for a large portion of the game he was fighting an 3 immovable objects (tank spec warriors) due to heals not one was going down..
    Did it accomplish anything no because we were stuck in a stalemate had he moved past those and onto the squishy healers yards behind it could have been a different ball game..
    Near the end of the game he was prone to bragging how good he was and that all you had to do was look at the scoreboard for the numbers can not lie..
    Last edited by Mlaar; 08-23-2011 at 06:58 AM.
    Sureen - Conspiracy

Rift Chaser

playing a rogue is about skill, not button mashing

we know where you come in

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3